Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 05:18 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Increases for those who have insurance and are outside the 400% FPL are in the range of 20-25%. There wont be any bailout of insurance companies next year even with all the changes.
Hold on a second, a plausible scenario right now is a large percentage of people that have purchased insurance are going to be already sick. The people that were supposed to be paying their bills haven't signed up.

Assuming that is what is happening who is it you think is going to pay those bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:16 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Hold on a second, a plausible scenario right now is a large percentage of people that have purchased insurance are going to be already sick. The people that were supposed to be paying their bills haven't signed up.

Assuming that is what is happening who is it you think is going to pay those bills?
There is more than enough cushion there for several years that there wont be any death spiral. Medicare, Tricare, VA, Medicaid are more than 800 billion which comes from taxes. ACA is revenue neutral and wont be more than 100 billion for the first year. A much bigger problem than the ACA is Medicare, Tricare, VA, and Medicaid but I dont think the Republican base is interested in looking at those programs. Lets focus on the ACA thats where all the spending is.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:27 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
There is more than enough cushion there for several years that there wont be any death spiral.
That's not the way insurance works and I want you to remember this discussion at this time next year.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Wow, it's like a crazy echo chamber in here!

Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
There is more than enough cushion there for several years that there wont be any death spiral. Medicare, Tricare, VA, Medicaid are more than 800 billion which comes from taxes. ACA is revenue neutral and wont be more than 100 billion for the first year. A much bigger problem than the ACA is Medicare, Tricare, VA, and Medicaid but I dont think the Republican base is interested in looking at those programs. Lets focus on the ACA thats where all the spending is.
Rather than face reality, you chose to believe the obama lies. If the truth isn't yet clear to you, it soon will be.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Personally I was just waiting until after the new year, I, like many Americans, have until the end of March to sign up, so I am not in any hurry.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:03 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
too many people will benefit from it. It will get changed. Soon Republicans politicians will be campaigning on the issue of fixing the ACA rather than overturning it. Too many constituents in voting districts will not be willing to give up the benefits they receive from it.
Probably true, but I doubt it will ever be as popular as things like Bush's Medicare Part D vote buying scheme, because the ACA actually makes people take a little personal responsibility and pay for services to the best of their ability, something at least half the country is very opposed to.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:04 AM

51 posts, read 89,511 times
Because I can't afford 350$ a month with a 13,000$ deductible for my 3 person family.

a 13 THOUSAND dollar deductible.

if you can afford that raise your hand.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
too many people will benefit from it. It will get changed. Soon Republicans politicians will be campaigning on the issue of fixing the ACA rather than overturning it. Too many constituents in voting districts will not be willing to give up the benefits they receive from it.
What benefits?

Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 AM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Excellent opinion piece about Obama and moo bats that pray to him. This guy nails it!!!

The Tribune-Democrat : Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies