Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 03:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,807,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Repeating the same bull **** over and over again just to get the last word...Unbelievable!
Gotta give them a bit of a break, they've got nothing else to misrepresent for the time being. I am sure the hapless RWEer leadership will find another saying to tell their parrots to echo soon enough. But there are about 500,000 that lost coverage, but are the reasons different than what normally happens when Ins drop plans?

Last edited by florida.bob; 12-20-2013 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:11 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,965,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gotta give them a bit of a break, they've got nothing else to misrepresent for the time being. I am sure the hapless RWEer leadership will find another saying to tell their parrots to echo soon enough. But there are about 500,000 that lost coverage, but are the reasons different than what normally happens when Ins drop plans?
Hey Bob... did you see all the Democrat Parrots spouting the big Obama lie ?

BTW most of us self employed have seen a price increase due to ACA. When do we get that $2400 reduction Obama promised ?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:56 AM

15,584 posts, read 10,316,551 times
No word on whether this new dispensation yesterday from our Emperor will affect his congressional dwarves, all of whom benefit from the $10,000+ subsidy they wrote it into the law for themselves.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.), whose salary is $193,400 a year, said he has purchased a health care plan through the D.C. Obamacare exchange and that he is accepting the federal subsidy that can run up up to $11,378 per year for a member of Congress to purchase a plan on that exchange.

“I’m just like 150 million other people in America,” Reid said. “My employer helps me pay for my health care.” …

Think about that: Reid’s “employer” is the American taxpayer. He’s just passed a law requiring, under penalty of prison, that his employer pay for the benefit he’s enjoying. “Just like 150 million Americans”? I don’t think so......And yes, I'm angry.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No word on whether this new dispensation yesterday from our Emperor will affect his congressional dwarves, all of whom benefit from the $10,000+ subsidy they wrote it into the law for themselves.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.), whose salary is $193,400 a year, said he has purchased a health care plan through the D.C. Obamacare exchange and that he is accepting the federal subsidy that can run up up to $11,378 per year for a member of Congress to purchase a plan on that exchange.

“I’m just like 150 million other people in America,†Reid said. “My employer helps me pay for my health care.†…

Think about that: Reid’s “employer†is the American taxpayer. He’s just passed a law requiring, under penalty of prison, that his employer pay for the benefit he’s enjoying. “Just like 150 million Americans� I don’t think so......And yes, I'm angry.
Now Reid is 74 years old.
He's on medicare and still able to get a subsidized plan ?
Well I guess since they are only considering your salary and nothing else to determine subsidy.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,476,904 times
Quote:
Gotta give them a bit of a break, they've got nothing else to misrepresent for the time being. I am sure the hapless RWEer leadership will find another saying to tell their parrots to echo soon enough.

But there are about 500,000 that lost coverage, but are the reasons different than what normally happens when Ins drop plans?

Obama lapdogs don't like the factual answer, but yes, the reasons are different. Many more policies were forced off the market because Ocare forced them off with the minimum standards. Raised premiums or deductible by $1 too much, bye-bye. The policies people liked and wanted were no longer available.

Obama tried 'the junk policies by a few bad apples' excuse for his lie, but it didn't fly no matter how often repeated by his cult. Since parrots are intelligent birds I won't insult them by calling the cult members parrots.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Yes because of HHS list of essential services.
Not all plans covered maternity, newborn health, dental, vision, substance abuse and unlimited mental health care.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:39 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,437,224 times
So the new unconstutional change is those who were dropped because of obamacare rules can get a exemption from the tax.

How nice of them... Since they still
Dont have insurance... These were people who were buying insurance before obamacare so they want insurance not a exemption from a penalty for losing their coverage. Its just another slap in their face.

Kinda like taking the rope away from the guy in the hole he cant get out of and telling him you will not blame him for the hole he fell in. The hole the person who has the rope dug.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:41 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,388,700 times
Default Obama continues to dismember Obamacare....

Meanwhile, at the urging of Senate Dems facing the electorate in 2014, Obama continues the death of Obamacare by a thousand cuts. Here's the latest:

Obama Lifts Health Mandate for Those With Canceled Plans - Bloomberg

While True Believers continue to discount and ridicule the notion that the president has a continuing problem with the fallout of the Big Lie, back in Washington, the Signature Accomplishment of He Who Has Accomplished Little is getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

The actual exemption, of course, is written in language so fluid that once again it boils down to the whims of the emperor, not the rule of law. Typical.

You can't make this stuff up, it is priceless: (from Washington Post)

"2. According to HHS, the exemption covers people who "experienced financial or domestic circumstances, including an unexpected natural or human-caused event, such that he or she had a significant, unexpected increase in essential expenses that prevented him or her from obtaining coverage under a qualified health plan."

3. Today, the administration agreed with a group of senators, led by Mark Warner of Virginia, who argued that having your insurance plan canceled counted as "an unexpected natural or human-caused event." For these people, in other words, Obamacare itself is the hardship. You can read HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' full letter here. HHS's formal guidance is here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...been-canceled/

Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Meanwhile, at the urging of Senate Dems facing the electorate in 2014, Obama continues the death of Obamacare by a thousand cuts. Here's the latest:

While True Believers continue to discount and ridicule the notion that the president has a continuing problem with the fallout of the Big Lie, back in Washington, the Signature Accomplishment of He Who Has Accomplished Little is getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

The actual exemption, of course, is written in language so fluid that once again it boils down to the whims of the emperor, not the rule of law. Typical.
When the Repubs propose it in Congress it can't be done.
But when HHS/WH come out with "rulings" it can be done.

And the Dems in Congress stay silent ?

What's good for the goose is not good for the gander ?

Just remember that the Dems won't always be in charge.
And what has become precedent will be used in the future.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

You can't make this stuff up, it is priceless: (from Washington Post)

"2. According to HHS, the exemption covers people who "experienced financial or domestic circumstances, including an unexpected natural or human-caused event, such that he or she had a significant, unexpected increase in essential expenses that prevented him or her from obtaining coverage under a qualified health plan."

3. Today, the administration agreed with a group of senators, led by Mark Warner of Virginia, who argued that having your insurance plan canceled counted as "an unexpected natural or human-caused event." For these people, in other words, Obamacare itself is the hardship. You can read HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' full letter here. HHS's formal guidance is here.

The individual mandate no longer applies to people whose plans were canceled
BS on the "unexpected". There's a paper in the Federal Register dated 2010 stating they expected cancellations. IRS, Treasury, HHS were the authors.

But since it is buried and only the "wrong" sites have published articles on it most don't even know this.
They are lying to you and you don't even know it.
They projected 50-75% of people with insurance would lose it under Obamacare mandates.
And that projection goes back to 2010 people.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies