Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah but what's his definition of "middle class" ?
Seems to me he's defined it at about $30K or so.
That is exactly my point. What Obama says and does are two different things. I've always said, never support a politician that refuses to understand that government is spending too much and that raising taxes is the answer. Never attack another group like Obama did because one day you will wake up to find out that politician thinks you have money to spare. Obama supporters refused to heed the warning and will now pay up.

Taxes can always take many forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Default Heartwarming Christmas News

Oh lookie! A new poll shows support for the laughably named "Affordable Care Act" is "cratering" at 35/62:

Quote:
Only 35% of those questioned in the poll say they support the health care law, a 5-point drop in less than a month. Sixty-two percent say they oppose the law, up four points from November.
Nearly all of the newfound opposition is coming from women.

“Opposition to Obamacare rose six points among women, from 54% in November to 60% now, while opinion of the new law remained virtually unchanged among men,” CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. “That’s bad news for an administration that is reaching out to moms across the country in an effort to make Obamacare a success.”
Link: CNN poll: ObamaCare support cratering at 35/62 « Hot Air

Don't fret lefties. I am ***sure*** those numbers will improve when people start losing their employer-based insurance plans and start dealing with the reality of higher premiums and much higher deductibles.

The miracle in all of this is the hubris of Obama and the Democrat Party. When you have 60% plus of the population against a bill, it needs to be repealed. These tyrants don't care one iota about what their constituencies want. We've seen that ever since they passed this debacle in the dark of night, without having read it, with no input from the minority party, and in a haze of shady kickbacks and bribes.

If I were a Democrat, I would be ashamed to admit it.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:17 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah but what's his definition of "middle class" ?
Seems to me he's defined it at about $30K or so.
He's does give new meaning to the term clueless.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
in a word i dont trust the feds. obamacare is getting lots of bad press.
i am taking the word of the OP that what i post can stay.
here is the reason i dont trust the feds

but we are talking about the same government that is going to do a 3rd amnesty. a government that threatens to punish states for upholding the laws that they the feds made. the government that has invaded and occupied the mideast for 12 years, in regions that has done nothing to them. you are talking about the same government that has exiled a man whose only sin was blowing the whistle on their outrageus spy program. you are talking about the same government that now has a 50,000 hit man team of assassins called "special ops".
a govenment that hires mercenaries to occupy territories that they have professed to have withdrawn from and calls them 'security forces".

Old 12-23-2013, 01:07 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,751,017 times
I have noticed the moonbats have went deep into thier caves regarding this thread. Maybe one can come out and post something uplifting in support of Dear Leader?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I have noticed the moonbats have went deep into thier caves regarding this thread. Maybe one can come out and post something uplifting in support of Dear Leader?
Only to be undermined tomorrow by a flailing leadership. This is what FDR looked like in reality during the Great Depression but since he had the people and media locked down it never got out. He literally threw out ideas without even an clue that it would or wouldn't work. Seat of the pants governing.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I almost (but not quite) feel sorry for them. I can't imagine attempting to defend such a crap sandwich, not to mention a lying incompetent figurehead who changes his story (and the law) constantly.

They are beaten down and I don't blame them for abandoning they argument. They have lost it. I honestly believe most of the die hard supporters of the ACA fall into one of several categories: 1) employed by the DNC or OFA; 2) personally benefitting from the law at someone else's expense; or 3) not affected by the law but ideologically cheering for it (i.e. live in another country with socialized medicine).

Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
In his speech he says 2 million people now how have Insurance who didn't have it.

Six Million had their policies cancelled so doesn't this leave 4 million not covered ? How do you brag about 2 million getting coverage when they had coverage 3 months ago ?

Seems like we are still on the negative side.
The millions without vote conservative. Next question

Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I almost (but not quite) feel sorry for them. I can't imagine attempting to defend such a crap sandwich, not to mention a lying incompetent figurehead who changes his story (and the law) constantly.

They are beaten down and I don't blame them for abandoning they argument. They have lost it. I honestly believe most of the die hard supporters of the ACA fall into one of several categories:

1) employed by the DNC or OFA;
2) personally benefitting from the law at someone else's expense; or
3) not affected by the law but ideologically cheering for it (i.e. live in another country with socialized medicine).
I don't feel sorry for them at all. I remember how Obama bounced his head around being ever so arrogant after the shut down when republicans tried to stop and then tried to delay this disaster. They thought they got behind a winner. Now they will pay the price unfortunately so will the rest of us who could see the disaster a mile away.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't feel sorry for them at all. I remember how Obama bounced his head around being ever so arrogant after the shut down when republicans tried to stop and then tried to delay this disaster. They thought they got behind a winner. Now they will pay the price unfortunately so will the rest of us who could see the disaster a mile away.
I'm with you in this one hoss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies