Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

We have clearly lost our minds.

[thumbs down]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 01:37 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Actually he kissed her on the hand. The school is stupid and should be sued. When are parents going to say ENOUGH?

Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
If they are having behavior problems with the kid, put that on his school record. But don't put sexual harassment on them, for pete's sake the boy is six years old. What in the heck has happened to us, no one has any common sense.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Remember that scene in E.T. Where Elliot frees all the frogs then kisses the little girl who would grow up to be Erika Eleniak on Baywatch? It was cute and sweet. Guess you can't do that now.
Pretty sure she was born Erika Eleniak.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
This is just ridiculous.

Him kissing the little girl's hand is just so cute to think about. He is an adorable boy. Even his so-called "discipline issues" in regards to "rough housing" is ridiculous to me.

Boys rough house, that is what they do. And they are sweet and kiss little girl's hands. Let the kids be kids.

Today a little boy came up to my 5 year old daughter and smiled at her and said "Hi friend" and gave her a hug when we got to her class. She smiled and hugged him back. I thought it was adorable. She is his best friend and she says he is her best friend and because of that they "love each other." I think it is all sweet. They are 5 and don't know anything except being nice, sweet kids. Her bestie also gets in trouble for jumping around, but they don't suspend him. My daughter told me "The teachers are always telling C___ stuff, like - C____ sit down! C______ quit jumping! C_____ quit flipping before you break your glasses!" LOL I love the little kid stories. My older kid is 11 and maybe a kiss in his grade would be looked at with more suspicion but kindergartners and first graders are just sweet innocent kids in most cases. And 5 and 6 year old boys will rough house.

I bet if a girl kissed the other girl's hand there wouldn't have been a problem. I wish people would quit trying to demonize little boys like this.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is part of the liberal war on heterosexuality.

They are afraid that the kids might end up getting married(like in the video below) and that would undermine the indoctrination message of the left that gay marriage is good while real marriage is bad.

George Strait - Check Yes Or No - YouTube

Liberals won't let kids be kids anymore.

This has what exactly to do with liberals?? The area the state this occurred in, is much more in line with
Colorado Springs ideology wise than Denver or Boulder.....

Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Colorado 6 year old suspended for kissing a girl | www.ktvu.com

The kiss is only part of the story and it's probably just one way he is being all kinds of disruptive. I don't think "sexual harassment" is warranted unless he actually is sexually harassing. And don't say a 6 year old can't because they can...and you need to look at his home life to find out why.
Show me an actual case of a 6 year old committing true sexual harassment. Not something like this, but an actual case where a 6 year old has sexually harassed anyone. Six year olds don't even know what sex is, much less have the desire and/or drive required to commit sexual harassment. Anyone who believes that a 6 year old can commit true sexual harassment has been drinking the progressive kool-aid for way too long.

The kid in the news story did absolutely nothing wrong, and the parents as well as the community should be calling for the resignation and/or dismissal of whoever decided that a kiss on the cheek or hand was an offense worthy of suspension. Even if the girl was not amenable to the kiss (which from the story she was) that would be grounds for at the very most a talk about appropriate vs. inappropriate behavior.

The more stories like this that I see the more tempted I am to yank my kids out of the public school system and home school them. Our schools are turning into politically correct indoctrination camps and yet we still have people defending the administration when they pull stupidity like this? Get real.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Thank lawyers, unions and sue happy idiots.

FYI OP the kiss was on the hand.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 AM

13,304 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Thank lawyers, unions and sue happy idiots.

FYI OP the kiss was on the hand.
Much better than on the foot.

THAT would be political!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 AM

13,304 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Show me an actual case of a 6 year old committing true sexual harassment. Not something like this, but an actual case where a 6 year old has sexually harassed anyone. Six year olds don't even know what sex is, much less have the desire and/or drive required to commit sexual harassment.
The kid didn't have the nads for sexual harassment.

"Sexual harassment", as a legal term, only exists in that body of law known as labor law.

Boy, did that kid get smeared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies