Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
No doubt you're quoting a Democratic icon, 'cuz George Bush Sr. did raise taxes (reneging on his famous "read my lips!" promise), and Saint Ray-gun raised taxes 11 times!

But ah, the conservative myth that JFK was actually some sort of "supply sider" (lol)! Well, since you're so fond of Kennedy, how 'bout we return to the tax rate that he lowered it to… from 91% to 70% (compared to a current top rate of 39.6 %)?!
Supply side economics only works--when it works--in a closed system. The system is no longer closed. Too many people really don't understand the difference that occured in the global economy between the 80s and the 90s.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Supply side economics only works--when it works--in a closed system. The system is no longer closed. Too many people really don't understand the difference that occured in the global economy between the 80s and the 90s.
None of you answered my question.

Does raising taxing on businesses make them grow and expand ???

Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
citizenkane also is trying to use the logic that the GOP is pure and a party with fine upstanding politicians who are good guys, while the dems are crooks and cronies.

the truth is all politicians are frauds by nature.

kane also says nothing about poor whites voting republican for decades while living in some of the poorest areas in the country.

using kane's logic, those whites should be voting d because the republicans sure as hell aint done anything for them.
Naaaah......I'm trying say there are options! Neither party is pure and upstanding! But black folks are to blind to see it! For some reason blacks "white wash" (pun intended) the racism of white Democrats.
And you still support them!!

Remember these greatest hits?

Biden: Obama is first "CLEAN" African American - YouTube

Harry Reid "Obama Electable Because he is Light Skinned with no Negro Dialect" - YouTube

Robert Byrd Former Terrorist - YouTube

Quote:

But alas, it's okay for white Democrats to slip out their true feelings about blacks. We seem to be cool with that. Because we sure keep going back to them.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
citizen kane, do you believe people change opinions over time, or do you believe people are concrete on there views regarding race?

many whites have said what was done to blacks were wrong, statements and actions they made were wrong, and say that they are remorseful and are past it. do you see these whites as phonies or honest?

i think attitudes and opinions evolve over time.

i assume you dont since you use robert byrd klan imagery to make your point, but dont post the picture of byrd shaking obamas hand.

i think people evolve and change as time goes on.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So while you were standing in line you took a survey of all the black people and did they know who the governor is? That`s too funny. And then they told you who they were voting for? Do you realize you lost any credibility here that you may have had when you`re spewing outrageous whoppers?
No. Did I say that I surveyed those people? NO! You learn more by listening to the conversations around you! As I stood there, next to me was a group of young black females talking. A person came up to them and gave them some literature. For some reason one of them asked the others "girl, who IS our governor?" My head dropped........none of them could answer her question. And here they were, about to vote for a President. SMH

And how is that so hard to believe...........the average voter is just uninformed.....

Black and white
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JJLLfTR8I

Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
citizen kane, do you believe people change opinions over time, or do you believe people are concrete on there views regarding race?

many whites have said what was done to blacks were wrong, statements and actions they made were wrong, and say that they are remorseful and are past it. do you see these whites as phonies or honest?

i think attitudes and opinions evolve over time.

i assume you dont since you use robert byrd klan imagery to make your point, but dont post the picture of byrd shaking obamas hand.

i think people evolve and change as time goes on.

See....I knew that one was coming! But you would never ask that question about a GOP official! That person would be destroyed and you know it!

So what's Biden's excuse? Bill Clinton??? Harry Reid??? Those are as recent as the beginning of Obama's Presidency! See, but for politic's sake, Obama will let it slide and so will you!

They were bringing up Romney's high school antics, picking on a kid. They sure didn't act like Romney evolved!

Trent Lott was run out of town for Strom Thurmond!

Byrd is Strom Thurmond!! But Lott lost his career and an apology was never enough!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-KIp-9p6I

Wanna talk about evolution? Thurmond appointed Thomas Moss, an African American, to his staff in 1971, described as the first such appointment by a member of the South Carolinian congressional delegation (it was incorrectly reported by many sources as the first senatorial appointment of an African American, but Mississippi Senator Pat Harrison had hired clerk-librarian Jesse Nichols in 1937). In 1983, he supported legislation to make the birthday of MLK Day a federal holiday.

Now...I aint cryin' a river for Lott or Thurmond. I am simply showing what hypocrites we are in our selective ire.

We only see racism where we want to see it! Blacks refuse to hold white Democrats to the same standard! Why is that? Simply because in our minds, we'd have nowhere else to go!! "We can't possibly be Republicans!" So we will make excuses as to how White racists Democrats "apologized" or "misspoke" or "evolved", White GOP figures are just rednecks forever.

If we held Dems to the same standards, we'd have no party to vote for, because we've been told since birth "there's only one party for you".

Old 12-12-2013, 11:46 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
None of you answered my question.

Does raising taxing on businesses make them grow and expand ???
They expanded with the 91% rate. I'd say "Yes".

Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They expanded with the 91% rate. I'd say "Yes".
That was a totally different economy ....and the value of the dollar was much higher.

The principle of cutting taxes, always put money back in the pockets of the business and the consumer. The government doesn't make anything. Four out of five incomes of $250,000 yearly are reported by small businesses who already pay a disproportionate share of the federal income taxes. Some of these businesses will raise the price of their services and thereby pass the higher tax to their customers. This may make their services unaffordable for some people living on a fixed income. If a small business can’t raise its prices and sell enough to make a profit, it will have to lay off employees, limit what it pays its investors and perhaps enter bankruptcy.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
That's all you guys hang your hats on....."southern whites". Whites live in other places than the "south"! But no matter where blacks live, its DEMOCRAT voting going down! North, South, East or West! We don't even think about it!

I stood in line for 3 hours to vote in 08. I was surrounded by black people who didn't know who the Governor of our state was.........I kid you not! But all they knew was that they were gonna vote for the black guy. I could not believe what I was seeing.

So cry me a river with being "indignant" about what I'm saying. I could care less. The truth is hard to take. I see it on Facebook. Posting after posting from my black friends darn near worshipping Obama and "any" black conservative is dogged. It is cultural for us now.......Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson advocate for the abortions done on our precious black babies .....they sold us out for Democrat support and money! And don't bother to see that or check that out.

Democrats follow love this organization:

How Does Planned Parenthood Celebrate Black History Month? Anti-Abortion Pro-Life Video - YouTube

How can we do this??? ^
Your argument is about bias and the way people are raised correct ? Well Southern whites indeed follow the exact same pattern you have laid out of blacks.

there are also more southern whites than there are black people in this nation, which also shows the flaw in your comment.

As for your " i stood in line comment", we have all stood in line with people like that from all sides of the political spectrum, why pretend that only blacks are that way ?

no idea why you quoted that word indignant because i never called you that.

I have never seen either of those men advocate for abortion.

your argument against Planned Parenthood is based on propaganda, my question on that is simply, do you use any building that was once white only ? How about government services that once only serviced whites ????

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
That was a totally different economy ....and the value of the dollar was much higher.

The principle of cutting taxes, always put money back in the pockets of the business and the consumer. The government doesn't make anything. Four out of five incomes of $250,000 yearly are reported by small businesses who already pay a disproportionate share of the federal income taxes. Some of these businesses will raise the price of their services and thereby pass the higher tax to their customers. This may make their services unaffordable for some people living on a fixed income. If a small business can’t raise its prices and sell enough to make a profit, it will have to lay off employees, limit what it pays its investors and perhaps enter bankruptcy.
if you put money in the hands of a business that used the money to create jobs, give employees raises, improve their products, and invest in the welfare of their communities, I would be with you.

In actuality, as we saw in the Bush years, tax cuts for the wealthy meant that American jobs were sent overseas, quality was compromised as far as they thought they could get away with it, salaries were stagnant, and the people at the top bled out whatever profits they didn't have to give to Wall Street and stacked the money up in offshore accounts, which benefitted no one but the recipient.

Money that stops moving hurts the economy. The way to improve the economy is to tie the tax breaks to improvements in the realms I mentioned. Otherwise, tax them dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies