Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 07:33 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,828,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Here is something I have noticed about "American Justice" in some cases. The more money you have the greater the "Justice "system can be bought.
OJ? Zimmermann? Casey Anthony? This kid?
Maybe but Casey Anthony and GZ are not wealthy people.

A better example is Ted Kennedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 07:42 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,863,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Here is something I have noticed about "American Justice" in some cases. The more money you have the greater the "Justice "system can be bought.
OJ? Zimmermann? Casey Anthony? This kid?
Neither Zimmerman or Anthony had money.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,261,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Neither Zimmerman or Anthony had money.
I'm not that familiar with Casey Anthony, but in the Zimmerman scenario eventhough his personal wealth was'nt enough to classify him as being wealthy, because of the donations that he recieved it afforded him to get a top notch defense team. So in a sense he might as well be wealthy since he was not forced to have an overworked/under qualified public defender representing him.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Hopefully this will be accomplished in a civil lawsuit.
How would that work since the boy does not have any assets? Could they go after his parents for what he did?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm not that familiar with Casey Anthony, but in the Zimmerman scenario eventhough his personal wealth was'nt enough to classify him as being wealthy, because of the donations that he recieved it afforded him to get a top notch defense team. So in a sense he might as well be wealthy since he was not forced to have an overworked/under qualified public defender representing him.
With Zimmerman it's still not applicable. In the original case the kid was found guilty it was the sentence that was the problem. In Zimmerman's case he wasn't guilty of murder. Manslaughter maybe and it wouldn't have taken the best lawyers to trump the incompetence of the prosecution.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
How would that work since the boy does not have any assets? Could they go after his parents for what he did?
Yes, parents can be held responsible for the actions of their kids.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,201,329 times
I doubt that the car was in the kid's name...so, sue the owner of the car, the parents...they will probably hide assests. They won't pay a dime.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
With Zimmerman it's still not applicable. In the original case the kid was found guilty it was the sentence that was the problem. In Zimmerman's case he wasn't guilty of murder. Manslaughter maybe and it wouldn't have taken the best lawyers to trump the incompetence of the prosecution.
That may be true but now we will never know. Trayvon was never found "guilty" of anything since he was never on trial except for the public's opinion, which means diddy squat. There is no evidence other than what zimmerman who is a known liar and a person with anger issues and a criminal past word as to who started the fight and what actually happened that night. You cannot in all truthfulnest say that a public defender would have gotten the same results as his high priced lawyer did anyway.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
That may be true but now we will never know. Trayvon was never found "guilty" of anything since he was never on trial except for the public's opinion, which means diddy squat. There is no evidence other than what zimmerman who is a known liar and a person with anger issues and a criminal past word as to who started the fight and what actually happened that night. You cannot in all truthfulnest say that a public defender would have gotten the same results as his high priced lawyer did anyway.
I believe a competent prosecution could have got him convicted of manslaughter even with the expensive lawyers.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I believe a competent prosecution could have got him convicted of manslaughter even with the expensive lawyers.

I don't know because I have sat in courtrooms and watched them blow simple cases because they were unprepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies