Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:53 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times

Advertisements

So to secure a bright future, we should all keep having babies and buying soap and anti-perspirant containing suspected carcinogens from a company with a history of human rights violations and environmentally damaging practices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 05:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
This AD makes me sick!!

www.youtube.com/v/QzQHeqOaRWY

THIS WORLD IS SO MESSED UP NOW I WOULD NOT EVER WANT TO SUBJECT A CHILD TO THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

GMOs,etc............... THIS WORLD HAS BECOME GARBAGE!!!!! (The only good things we have left ARE FROM THE PAST!!)
Yessir!

A video with an optimistic note is bound to get conservos' knickers in a knot.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
So to secure a bright future, we should all keep having babies and buying soap and anti-perspirant containing suspected carcinogens from a company with a history of human rights violations and environmentally damaging practices.

But it's all for the children.....

Old 12-12-2013, 05:24 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,801 times
I wouldn't want to bring a person into the world. I have to question what kind of future they have. On our current trajectory it doesn't look good. I do hope today's children don't pay too high a price for our foolishness.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:08 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
I didn't find anything about it to be disgusting. It's just an ad. What's the issue?

Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 AM

544 posts, read 610,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I didn't find anything about it to be disgusting. It's just an ad. What's the issue?
the ad reeks of Illuminati reptilian fascism

if you didn't see that within 30 seconds in, you are a sheeple

Old 12-12-2013, 11:44 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler
While I'm not sure people will get the message, there is nothing wrong with preaching that we should strive to make the world a better place for the children we've brought into it.
By how??

Giving them ARTIFICAL GMO GARBAGE,POISONED WATER...... Vaccinating them up the ying yang thus comprosing thier immune system?????

This ad is a lie!!

I bet they showed horrific images to pregnant mothers which has an impact on unborn babies!

"Everyday more and more food is being grown with revolutionary method" <-- GMO

"A new technology will make clean drinking water available" <-- Addition of flouride,radiation,arsenic,etc

At the end it says "25 million people have already been touched by project sunlight."

I would like to know in what way??

Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yessir!

A video with an optimistic note is bound to get conservos' knickers in a knot.

Project Sunlight is a means for Unilever to engage with its customers, while also showcasing the work it has been doing internally to lessen the negative environmental and social impacts associated with manufacturing and consumption. The Anglo-Dutch company launched a corporation-wide sustainability campaign in 2010, not long after Paul Polman joined as CEO. Polman has been one of the most outspoken C-suite advocates for pushing more sustainable business practices and set ambitious goals for Unilever: to double revenues to €80BN while halving its environmental impact by 2020.

Unilever: Project Sunlight to Encourage Environmentally Friendly Consumer Behavior

I suspect it's sustainability and the goal of lessening the environmental impact of their products that has the right all up in arms. Anything that uses those words automatically triggers rightwing outrage, because they believe only the left could possibly care about such things. And they're probably right.

Can calling for a boycott of the products of a company that institutes such radical business practices be far behind?

Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Wishing for a better world and working for it is a positive message. There are those who destroy , and there are those who work for a better world.

We need better people to make a better world.. If one feeds on good things for their mind and heart and spirit it will bring positive results. If one feeds on the garbage of the world which we have so much so that today, we become selfish, greedy and degenerates..

Better people make a better world.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
^^This.

I don't think OPs a "conservo" guys, he is pointing out facts about UNILEVER

All cans of Slim Fast have been voluntarily recalled by their manufacturer, Unilver, due to potential contamination with a bacteria called Bacillus Cereus, according to this report on MSNBC. com. The bacteria can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea in humans. The recall reportedly affects roughly 10 million products.
According to MSNBC:
An unknown number of people have gotten sick about six to 15 hours after consuming the diet drink, but have recovered within about 24 hours.
The contamination seems to have occurred during the manufacturing process. Unilever discovered the pathogen and notified the FDA on Wednesday.
Unilever’s U.S. arm, based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., says the products were sold nationwide. They came in cartons of four, six or 12 steel cans, 11 ounces in size, and they were also sold individually. The recall covers all Slim-Fast products in cans, regardless of flavor, best-by date, lot code or UPC number. No other Slim Fast products are affected by this recall, including powdered shakes, meal bars or snack bars FDA further states that Bacillus cereus is a "micro-organism, which may cause diarrhea and possibly nausea and/or vomiting."

Unilever, GMO's=cancer.

The UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has recently accused Unilever for false advertising. The ASA ruled that Unilever misled British consumers in the way the company presented the health benefits of its cholesterol-lowering margarine, Flora pro-activ. According to ASA, Unilever’s Van den Bergh Foods unit overstated the benefits of Flora pro-activ in one press advert that claimed it could reduce LDL cholesterol by 10 to 15 percent. After the ASA ruling, Unilever agreed to make the required changes and not advertise in the same way again [54]. (Sanctions against advertisers who break codes of practice in Britain are ineffective. The ASA has no statutory powers. It can report persistent offenders to the Office of Fair Trading, but it is reluctant to use this deterrent (Monbiot, 2001)

Read the label.
Don't trust the FDA either, they are useless.

Corporate Watch : Unilever : Corporate Crimes

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies