Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

I agree, Obama should have ended the Afghan war just like he ended the Iraq War, though on the other hand I have an issue with starting a war in a country and then not cleaning up the mess we make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 07:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, Obama should have ended the Afghan war just like he ended the Iraq War, though on the other hand I have an issue with starting a war in a country and then not cleaning up the mess we make.
he did not end the war in iraq. he replaced army with blackwater. there was no withdraw from iraq.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
I was looking at the numbers killed. Interestingly Clinton outpaced Bush as Obama did as we'll.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he did not end the war in iraq. he replaced army with blackwater. there was no withdraw from iraq.
That is a private industry war, that is blackwater's problem.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I was looking at the numbers killed. Interestingly Clinton outpaced Bush as Obama did as we'll.
That was because Bush barely invested any attention to Afghanistan, you have to look at the number of casualties in the Iraq War.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,634 times
It it is time to end all these unconstitutional and bloated wars around the world. I believe America has a right to defend itself against an attack but marching into countries and starting wars just for the sake of so called creating democracies needs to end. Obama IMO is worse than George Bush on these wars. Why are we staying in Afghanistan for so many more years through the 2020s, WTF? I am sick of it. Bring home the troops and only fight when we are attacked. Of course the military industrial complex would never let these bloated wars to end. They need the trillions of US dollars to create these massive defense systems and take them to these countries so we can make more wars and more enemies in the world. I wonder who the idiots are who voted for these fools in our government for more bloated spending and more wars. Obama lied after his first term. He promised to end wars and bring home troops, why are we expanding more wars. Just stop and do not go to war without congressional approval.

Charlie.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
President Eisenhower warned us all of exactly what to expect. Eventually these corporate giants would become powerful enough to push the nation into silly, disadvatageous conflicts, better known as "wars for profit" which is what we've been engaged in now for over a decade. Wars with practically no national interest, but expensive to taxpayers in terms of treasure and expensive to our troops in terms of blood. But very profitable for the "defense" industry.

We ignored his advice.

Now, the military-industrial complex wields huge political influence, enough to cause the "government of the people" to wage continual warfare in order to fatten their corporate profits.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:08 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
That is a private industry war, that is blackwater's problem.
No, since they are paid with taxpayer money it is a public problem.

U.S. Pays Steep Price for Private Security in Iraq
Quote:
It costs the U.S. government a lot more to hire contract employees as security guards in Iraq than to use American troops.

It comes down to the simple business equation of every transaction requiring a profit.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:12 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Default Obama the war monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not only can he not end a small war in five years, his guys in charge don't have a clue what it costs us or how many soldiers are getting killed in this useless war.

Maybe it's because Obama just doesn't care.

Simple Question About U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Stumps Officials - Washington Wire - WSJ

Loony tunes, dude.

Loony tunes.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, since they are paid with taxpayer money it is a public problem.

U.S. Pays Steep Price for Private Security in Iraq
Oh I agree, we should stop footing the bill for private security. Iraq has oil, if they want the private security, they can pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies