Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Go into any store and check where the product is made...China already owns the USA and it has very little to do with the media.
A war with China? It would have to be nuclear to be effective,all Communist countries would band together including Russia,ICBM's would ultimately be brought into the game all our allies in the area would be obliterated,and attacked world wide, billions would die we'd bomb ourselves back into the stoneage .America might win but the cost in human life would be staggering.
Remind me again why we would want to risk this scenario happening..?

Pssst... I'm not the one advocating military action against China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh; we know that. The concept of corporate interests taking precedence over good common sense vis-à-vis a country's security and well being are not unique to the U.S.

Our economy has become so dependent upon yours remaining solvent that our government has embraced approach by all and sundrie with cash in hand which will also come back to bite our hiney at the most inappropriate time, I suspect.

China is throwing money around all over the North American continent and what it cannot buy it will subvert any other way it can.

It has been so patently obvious to all those who don't have a say in the game that one wonders why it has been allowed to go on for so long.
Exactly right.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Go into any store and check where the product is made...And it quickly apparent that China already owns the USA and it has very little to do with the media.America is on a slow and gradual decline and it has very little to do with the usual scapegoat.
A war with China? It would have to be nuclear to be effective,all Communist countries would band together including Russia,ICBM's would ultimately be brought into the game all our allies in the area would be obliterated,and attacked world wide, billions would die we'd bomb ourselves back into the stoneage .America might win but the cost in human life would be staggering.
Remind me again why we would want to risk this scenario happening..?
Oh yeah we have to teach China a lesson..
Remind me again why we should appease China and allow it's aggression to go unabated? Remember, we're not just talking about military aggression....we are talking about economic aggression aimed at undermining the United States. Are you ok with that?

Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM

643 posts, read 917,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I don't advocate starting a war with China. I do feel that we should stop doing business with that country.
Agreed.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you suggesting that I "support the business model that leans on cheap foreign labor...?" If so, you are egregiously wrong in your assertion. Which means your point is moot.
Wasn't aimed directly at you, but you were included in the premise. While you may not have said it specifically, the general vibe you give off in your posting history seems to suggest it. If that's not true, and you'd actually like to see higher wages all around (especially at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc), then I will retract the comment.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Remind me again why we should appease China and allow it's aggression to go unabated? Remember, we're not just talking about military aggression....we are talking about economic aggression aimed at undermining the United States. Are you ok with that?
It aint me crowding the parking lots of all your big box stores to buy more Chinese junk.In fact i'll bet every piece of hardware you are using to interact on this forum has a big made in China logo on the back.
And what Chinese aggression are you referring to that is such a threat to America that you would risk a WW111

Last edited by jambo101; 12-13-2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 11:56 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Why is this such a big issue? The crew in the Chinese ship will get tired of rowing pretty quickly and the US warship can gon on it's way.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
Default china

I've said this before and ill say it again, if people think china is going to be a nice world power, think again, this is communist country no different than the soviet union.for all the bashing america gets from around the world for imperialism, believe me we are pretty nice compared to what came before us(england) and what will come after us(china).china is a very monolithic society that looks at anybody who isnt chinese as defective,just because they do billions in business with us doesnt mean they like us.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I've said this before and ill say it again, if people think china is going to be a nice world power, think again, this is communist country no different than the soviet union.for all the bashing america gets from around the world for imperialism, believe me we are pretty nice compared to what came before us(england) and what will come after us(china).china is a very monolithic society that looks at anybody who isnt chinese as defective,just because they do billions in business with us doesnt mean they like us.
My god hifi; you're preaching to the choir here.

Do you really think the world needs telling? Here's the deal though; they're here, they're strong and they're flexing biceps now. What do you think would be the appropriate response to them with ramping up military confrontations being the least of the probable results. Are you seriously willing to risk that?

Old 12-13-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Wasn't aimed directly at you, but you were included in the premise. While you may not have said it specifically, the general vibe you give off in your posting history seems to suggest it. If that's not true, and you'd actually like to see higher wages all around (especially at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc), then I will retract the comment.
I don't have a general disposition against higher wages. I just don't think that government mandates are always the solution. If given the opportunity to support higher wages due to bigger government, I will vote for smaller government every time. If a robust market and a shortage of workers promotes higher wages ever presents itself again as it has in the past, I will always demand that government stay out of the way. And I certainly do not promote the idea that we must grant amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants, and you shouldn't either, if you are truly supportive of higher wages. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.

If it were up to me, NAFTA would be repealed, as would China's Most Favored Nation status. I'd double down on deportations, and and triple down on repatriation of capital hidden in overseas accounts through tax breaks in order to promote manufacturing here in the United States. Until we lock the door and tend to our own store shelves, the store will continue to be ravaged by the looters we call "allies."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies