Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 05:20 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
While Obama's poll numbers aren't good, Congress (in particular Congressional Republicans) would kill for his numbers.
Deflection.

Among Obama's constituents he has a very poor approval rating. Obama would struggle to get reelected with his dishonesty.

Among individual congress members' constituents most have an approval rating in positive territory, which is why over 90% will get re-elected in both the House and Senate and both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 06:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Deflection.

Among Obama's constituents he has a very poor approval rating. Obama would struggle to get reelected with his dishonesty.

Irrelevant because Obama isn't getting reelected. And just because key constituent groups may be disappointed in the President's performance, doesn't mean that they're going to turn to the GOP, who has even lower ratings and have rather unpopular policy stances to boot.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So this isn't from CNN?

Have Obama’s falling numbers stabilized? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

In November, Obama stood at 40% and 41% in three different CNN Poll of Poll compilations. The President's approval rating reached new lows or tied his all-time lows in six individual national surveys last month, including CNN-ORC International. While Obama's at 38% in the new Quinnipiac poll, down a point from last month and an all-time low for him in their surveys, he's up five points from last month to 42% in the new CBS News/New York Times survey, up four points from November to 45% in the new Pew Research Center/USA Today poll, and he's edged up a point since last month to 43% in the new NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey
Shhhhhhhh... don't confuse the wingnuts with facts, they have their OWN reality.

Ken

Old 12-14-2013, 11:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So this isn't from CNN?

Have Obama’s falling numbers stabilized? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

In November, Obama stood at 40% and 41% in three different CNN Poll of Poll compilations. The President's approval rating reached new lows or tied his all-time lows in six individual national surveys last month, including CNN-ORC International. While Obama's at 38% in the new Quinnipiac poll, down a point from last month and an all-time low for him in their surveys, he's up five points from last month to 42% in the new CBS News/New York Times survey, up four points from November to 45% in the new Pew Research Center/USA Today poll, and he's edged up a point since last month to 43% in the new NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey
The Q poll was released on Dec 10th and was widely reported on the 10th. CNN buried it deep on the 11th after everyone else had already reported it.

In fact, I waited a full day before starting the thread to see if they reported it, and they hadn't so I posted it.

That makes me right, and you and your colleagues wrong. As always.

When you folks get something right for once, let me know.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Stating the obvious.....I know. But it should still be pointed out, nevertheless. The President's approval rating is the lowest on record and on par with George W. Bush, but not one single mention of the Quinnipiac Poll could be found.

It's pretty significant that nearly 60% of American's disapprove of Barack Obama, but yet we get nothing from CNN? For the first time this year, voters want a Republican Majority over a Democratic Majority in 2014, and yet we get nothing from CNN?

Absolutely disgusting.

I watch MSNBC at times and they were all over Obama's low ratings.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
The Q poll was released on Dec 10th and was widely reported on the 10th. CNN buried it deep on the 11th after everyone else had already reported it.

In fact, I waited a full day before starting the thread to see if they reported it, and they hadn't so I posted it.

That makes me right, and you and your colleagues wrong. As always.

When you folks get something right for once, let me know.
Let's see, you JUST stated that you "waited a full day before starting this thread to see if they reported it, and they hadn't so I posted it".
Well, as you just mentioned, CNN reported it on the 11th (possibly even on the 10th, but we KNOW that it was AT LEAST by the 11th) and you started this thread on the 13th - soooooo you just LIED when you just now posted "In fact, I waited a full day before starting the thread to see if they reported it, they hadn't so I posted it"????????

If you started this thread on the 13th and "waited a full day...before starting this thread" and CNN clearly put up the article already linked to on the 11th - then you either just lied or you live in some alternate reality where the 13th comes before the 11th.

Which is it?
REALLY waiting to hear your explanation for that one.

Ken

Old 12-14-2013, 11:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Let's see, you JUST stated that you "waited a full day before starting this thread to see if they reported it, and they hadn't so I posted it".
Well, as you just mentioned, CNN reported it on the 11th (possibly even on the 10th, but we KNOW that it was AT LEAST by the 11th) and you started this thread on the 13th - soooooo you just LIED when you just now posted "In fact, I waited a full day before starting the thread to see if they reported it, they hadn't so I posted it"????????

If you started this thread on the 13th and "waited a full day...before starting this thread" and CNN clearly put up the article already linked to on the 11th - then you either just lied or you live in some alternate reality where the 13th comes before the 11th.

Which is it?
REALLY waiting to hear your explanation for that one.

Ken
NO idea what your pc says.....the thread start date is the 11th on my pc.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
NO idea what your pc says.....the thread start date is the 11th on my pc.
Lying again?
That's TWICE in 2 posts.

Everyone out there can see the start date for this thread and it says "12-13-2013, 08:16 AM" (the time could possibly vary based on the viewers time zone).

And BTW, CNN did report on the poll in question on the 10th - so your entire premise for this thread is wrong, wrong, wrong (but what else is new?):

Obama at 42% approval in new average of latest polls – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So, even if you HAD started this thread on the 11th, you are still wrong when you said CNN had not mentioned it.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 12-15-2013 at 12:09 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 08:57 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Stating the obvious.....I know. But it should still be pointed out, nevertheless. The President's approval rating is the lowest on record and on par with George W. Bush, but not one single mention of the Quinnipiac Poll could be found.

It's pretty significant that nearly 60% of American's disapprove of Barack Obama, but yet we get nothing from CNN? For the first time this year, voters want a Republican Majority over a Democratic Majority in 2014, and yet we get nothing from CNN?

Absolutely disgusting.
My have times changed from 2013 leave lol

Old 01-12-2017, 09:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think CNN is as fair as cable news gets. There are many who are worse than they are.
Someone call 911
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies