Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 01:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals fight tooth and nail to eradicate the United States of the death penalty for the most violent offenders.....but when it comes to Barack Obama and his drone strikes on violent offender's around the globe, it's KILL AT WILL, MESSIAH! KILL AT WILL!

The hypocrisy is astounding!
That's because Barack Obama can do no wrong. They think he knows who should be killed and he doesn't need a court to convict them to death.

Obviously, Obama believes in the death penalty since he sentences people to death.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Not disappearing, partly because I annoy you to distraction and partly because I point out nonsense when I see it, and you, my friend are a major purveyor of nonsense.

And I noticed you didn't answer my WAPO question. Mainy because you know the answer. There is no reference to liberals in it.
Then take it up with Washington Post and Salon.com and the numerous other analyses that have been performed on the polling results. Apparently they know something you don't.

Or perhaps we should just all assume that Don and Carter know more about the polling than Washington Post, who commissioned the poll.

They know nothing. Carter and Don have all the answers. Just ask them instead.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:39 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's because Barack Obama can do no wrong. They think he knows who should be killed and he doesn't need a court to convict them to death.

Obviously, Obama believes in the death penalty since he sentences people to death.

Nope, this has nothing to do with Obama, it has everything to do with an obvious attempt at trolling.

But, keep the mutual admiration society going, it's touching.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Then take it up with Washington Post and Salon.com and the numerous other analyses that have been performed on the polling results. Apparently they know something you don't.

Or perhaps we should just all assume that Don and Carter know more about the polling than Washington Post, who commissioned the poll.

They know nothing. Carter and Don have all the answers. Just ask them instead.

No, you put the word Liberals in the title of your thread, (Liberals Oppose the Death Penalty.........But Support Obama's Drone Killings).

it's yours to prove.

You're backpedaling over a cliff, bud.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, you put the word Liberals in the title of your thread, (Liberals Oppose the Death Penalty.........But Support Obama's Drone Killings).

it's yours to prove.

You're backpedaling over a cliff, bud.
I refuse to repost yet again what the polling results have shown according to Washington Post. Just because you refuse to read the links, doesn't mean I should care that you like being an uninformed stooge. In fact, it makes me happy that you seek to remain an uniformed stooge. It confirms everything that I've ever thought about your types.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:44 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So what, if anything, should the US do to prevent new 9/11-type attacks from occurring?
The fallacy is the idea that you can stop all bad things from ever happening. Did feeling up old ladies stop the bombing in Boston?

It's impossible to stop every single person intent on doing harm but we can stop our government from doing the harm they are doing. It is not worth giving up our rights to the government over.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Do you really suppose that if we give the Islamists everything they want (immediate withdrawal of US troops from the entire Middle East, an immediate end to US support of Israel and all moderate Arab governments, the establishment of a Palestinian state in what is now Israel), they'll suddenly stop hating us?
Why is it a stretch to think that they would hate us less? Would you think less of a country minding their own business or the one bombing your neighbors house?

Old 12-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I refuse to repost yet again what the polling results have shown according to Washington Post. Just because you refuse to read the links, doesn't mean I should care that you like being an uninformed stooge. In fact, it makes me happy that you seek to remain an uniformed stooge. It confirms everything that I've ever thought about your types.

What is "my type", Kreskin?

Oh, the type that recognizes **** when it's offered? You can shine up a turd, but it's still a turd.

Thread's dead dude.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The issue is clouded by the people who refuse to be critical of anything the Obama admin does, and it's unfair to label an entire group because of these sycophants.
Yes it is. I have no problem with the idea that the idea is a generalization and most certainly doesn't represent everyone.

Quote:
So to refute what the OP says, if people consider themselves to be a liberal progressive, do they object to the drones strikes.
My bigger question is for those who would say they do, why are they not speaking up louder. Syria showed that things can happen when you speak up.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. More disingenuousness on display. Did you have anything meaningful to say? Like maybe address why the majority of liberals oppose the death penalty for Americans while supporting drone strikes...most surprisingly....on American's?

See the post above if you have trouble with the definition of "hypocrisy."
I am a conservative, not a liberal. But I do oppose the death penalty while supporting drone strikes. I think there is a fundamental difference between drone strikes and the death penalty.

At the point we execute a criminal, we have him safely locked in a cell. There is no need to kill him. Society is already safe from him.

But drone strikes are military attacks. They are carried out against enemy combatants in the field. Once we have a terrorist captured, I don't support the death penalty against him. But someone actively engaged in attacks against our nation is a different thing in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies