Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A good analogy for your argument would be "All children misbehave. There is no reason to hold them accountable for it or discipline them." Try parenting with that mentality and see where it gets you.
A better analogy for this thread is, everyone ELSE's children misbehave, but not MY Johnny.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:30 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I wish I could rep you 10 times....What happens when the people in the media start losing their employer coverage?? That's gonna be interesting.....Will they continue to play guard dogs for Obama or will their eyes be opened to what they have helped happen???
It's already "interesting" - the "media" folks are covered by their employers as long as they are direct employees (like anchors or reporters that only work for one source) - the majority of 'media' (i.e. pundits and journalist column authors) are independent contractors - they use the Individual Insurance Market.

I've read several articles and heard several of them on a variety of programs talk about how "I liked my insurance and now I can't keep it". They explain how their coverage was dropped, how their premiums have increased and how they are losing their Doctors and Hospitals of choice.

All of this comes on top of the Obama Administration's "war on reporters" with the AP phone/email taps and the James Rosen taps and secret Court order based on claims by the DOJ that he is a Criminal Conspirator. Most of them now understand that they are "targets" to the most paranoid President we have seen in the last 50 years.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.

all politicians lie, it is just that Obama got caught with his pants down and wont fess up that he did in fact lie.

he also pushed his program based upon those lies too.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all politicians lie, it is just that Obama got caught with his pants down and wont fess up that he did in fact lie.

he also pushed his program based upon those lies too.
Wow then Obama has been caught one too many times! with his pants down. And oddly enough still is being caught with his pants down, and does not seem to matter at all with him.

When any child does misbehave and they do, you don't reward them for their bad behavior, do we! What kind of parent would reward bad behavior or lying and done so frequently Without a consequence.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Nah, that's hockeypucks. Everything Obama said to push the ACA through was a lie. You can play the equivalency game all you want, but no president has so directly betrayed the trust of the American people. You can see it in the polls and the way the Democrats dumped the nuclear option. They need to pack the courts with liberal appointees to save Obamacare after the public dumps the Dems in 2014.
Read my lips. No New Taxes.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Nah, that's hockeypucks. Everything Obama said to push the ACA through was a lie. You can play the equivalency game all you want, but no president has so directly betrayed the trust of the American people. You can see it in the polls and the way the Democrats dumped the nuclear option. They need to pack the courts with liberal appointees to save Obamacare after the public dumps the Dems in 2014.

Bush lied and put the country in debt not to mention had over 5,000 of our men and women killed not to mention over 100k Iraquis who died as well. I guess that that did not count huh?

Old 12-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't know if you're an Obama supporter. The thing is, his most devoted lapdogs can't to this day admit he lied, and not just about obamacare. His less devoted lapdogs who admit he lied now feel a duty to excuse it with 'They All Lie' and 'The Other Guy Told Worse Lies.'
There's no excuse for it. Like Clinton and Monica or the rest of it. It is what it is. We KNOW anyone we elect is going to lie about something. It is stupid on its face. Or is it? If they couldn't lie well, then they would be a terrible keeper of state secrets.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:49 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's already "interesting" - the "media" folks are covered by their employers as long as they are direct employees (like anchors or reporters that only work for one source) - the majority of 'media' (i.e. pundits and journalist column authors) are independent contractors - they use the Individual Insurance Market.

I've read several articles and heard several of them on a variety of programs talk about how "I liked my insurance and now I can't keep it". They explain how their coverage was dropped, how their premiums have increased and how they are losing their Doctors and Hospitals of choice.

All of this comes on top of the Obama Administration's "war on reporters" with the AP phone/email taps and the James Rosen taps and secret Court order based on claims by the DOJ that he is a Criminal Conspirator. Most of them now understand that they are "targets" to the most paranoid President we have seen in the last 50 years.
Even this Liberal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_wBMWnMvo

Old 12-14-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I don't think they're naive. It's just the latest angle they're using for their own political purposes. Personally, I don't feel that Obama deserves so much condemnation for "the lie" when the fact of the matter is that it was mostly the insurance companies choice to cancel policies. The government didn't make them cancel policies that were grandfathered in and it didn't make them create new policies that they knew did not comply with the new rules and would have to be cancelled. I find it interesting that the insurance companies are shouldering almost none of the blame when they are the ones manipulating the system. The government, for the most part, didn't prevent people from keeping their insurance, it was the insurance companies themselves who chose to cancel policies and mislead people. Why doesn't anyone blame THEM?

Stop it! Stop it just Stop it! No one wants to hear the truth they just want to feel good by bashing the figurehead, nevermind those in the background who may have altered the original healthbill by adding pork in order to get it passed. Like you said I have not heard not one person bash the insurance companies for what they did. I'm not defending him completly but I will admit two things first he cannot do anything without Congressional approval (funding) or the Senate's legislation (law), but for some reason this part of civics class has bypass alot Americans and secondly I believe that his intentions were initially good but he got into an arena that was way over his head.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Bots would defend O if there was film of him eating children.

A bot would ask where they could get some.

....And the totally ignorant will believe anything that Rush, Beck, Hannity and anyone else on Faux news tells them, so what is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies