Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:15 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,436,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I read Swedish papers and they love Obama. Or so it seems. I'm gonna be honest here but I don't watch the news much regarding all this as I find it incredibly boring . I hear from people how much Obama has lied; but how come if that's the case no media other than maybe Fox is reporting on it. Is the media really that biased? You would think they would be all over a story like that.

The media in this country is a joke, but not for the reasons conservatives believe. If you want to see evidence of this, go back to 2002 and 2003 and see their "analysis" of the WMD's in Iraq lie AND their complicity in selling this lie. They don't do serious journalism, they do info-tainment.

FOX News, of course, couples info-tainment with propaganda, making their viewers the least informed amongst all Americans.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 3 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,794,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you read his book? Why would you do that when you hate him so much.

No, I did not read his book.

But his inability to tell the truth -- even in an autobiography -- only reinforces the belief that he is suffering from Nacissistic Personality Disorder.

I know Obamabots do not like to hear this, but his entire life has been a lie, starting with the fact that he was a bastard child of an underage girl and a married alcoholic from Kenya with a pregnant wife and a child back home.

You can learn a lot about a person when you study their history. And sometimes what you learn isn't pleasant.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,412,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Bush lied and put the country in debt not to mention had over 5,000 of our men and women killed not to mention over 100k Iraquis who died as well. I guess that that did not count huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Read my lips. No New Taxes.
I see the above lies are never mentioned in this thread. 5000 dead in Iraq? No problem.

The lemmings hate whatever their hero's tell them to hate. Rush, Hannity, Palin, and the like.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 AM

18,402 posts, read 7,018,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The media in this country is a joke, but not for the reasons conservatives believe. If you want to see evidence of this, go back to 2002 and 2003 and see their "analysis" of the WMD's in Iraq lie AND their complicity in selling this lie. They don't do serious journalism, they do info-tainment.

FOX News, of course, couples info-tainment with propaganda, making their viewers the least informed amongst all Americans.
Oh, so you think MSNBC, CNN, & NBC are paragons of neutrality?

Here, let me pour you another glass of grape Kool-Aid.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,277,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I see the above lies are never mentioned in this thread. 5000 dead in Iraq? No problem.

The lemmings hate whatever their hero's tell them to hate. Rush, Hannity, Palin, and the like.

Since I was active duty during the war and that was part of my job to tally up the wounded and dead and report that information to my commander, I resent the fact that you are insinuating that I'm lying based solely from insistance on believing anything that the Aussie owned network tells you. This only shows your own lack of intelligence to find out the truth about the world around you instead of getting all of your information from a station that went to court in order for them to lie to people like you legally

As far as "hating" a drug addict/coward, a verbal bully, and a complete moron I don't really need anyone's permission to make my own opinion on this calvacade of stupidity.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:54 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,505,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post

IKR

Old 12-16-2013, 01:27 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,218,467 times
Quote:
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
No politician has ever told the truth save George Washington, and he wasn't a politician!

Politicians lie, simply put.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 3 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,794,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post

Lol.....my thoughts exactly.

But some people like the Kool-Aid, even if they can't see that their messiah is a liah.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:18 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,641,386 times
Quote:
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
The deviancy down defense, as if we did not see that one coming.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,412,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since I was active duty during the war and that was part of my job to tally up the wounded and dead and report that information to my commander, I resent the fact that you are insinuating that I'm lying based solely from insistance on believing anything that the Aussie owned network tells you. This only shows your own lack of intelligence to find out the truth about the world around you instead of getting all of your information from a station that went to court in order for them to lie to people like you legally

As far as "hating" a drug addict/coward, a verbal bully, and a complete moron I don't really need anyone's permission to make my own opinion on this calvacade of stupidity.
I was actually agreeing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies