Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 03:40 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You seem to be desperate to make this a political issue, despite the fact that there is a 17 year old girl in critical condition due to a bullet shot to her head--I doubt her parents care about the shooter's politics. But righties do have their priorities.

Don't know why the crazy ramblings of an 18 year old are of such political import to you, but your excitement over him being "leftist" may be premature and does not seem to jive with what his friend said:

"I did think he was a little weird, but I didn't think he was, like, bad weird," Stutz added. "He always kind of talked about how America was a communist country, how the government was, like, trying to take us over and stuff. I don't know, just some weird stuff that I didn't really pay close attention to, but nothing that alarmed me."

Sounds more like a tea party RWNJ to me. Or maybe just a screwed up confused teenager. In that case my question would be why do Coloradans who punish politicians in favor of gun control, and who have had several mass shootings, allow screwed up teenagers to go into a store and buy a gun like it's a pack of gum? Sounds like either very bad judgment or that they now accept mass shootings as a fact of Colorado life.

School gunman Karl Pierson liked debate, running, but acted "weird" - CNN.com
The same article you linked also has a student that said :
"Senior Chris Davis, 18, was among many students Saturday trying to make sense of Pierson's shooting rampage.
"He was a weird kid," Davis said. "He's a self-proclaimed communist, just wears Soviet shirts all the time."
Pierson became easily aggravated, "always liked to be right" and didn't like losing, Davis said."

One thread in all these comments from the news articles is that he was very opinionated, insisted he was always right in his arguments and refused to take "no" for any answer. He got mad at his Debate Coach and his answer (the kid that couldn't take "No" for an answer) was to try and murder his coach.

I don't care how many Gun Laws are passed - you can't stop people like this when they are determined to kill somebody. It must be something in the water in the Denver area, they seem to have a lot of this sort of thing.

Perhaps if the Left spent a little more time in an attempt to help the families of these kids, instead of all their Energy and Activism on Gun Laws (which clearly don't address the problem) and blaming any and all shootings on "Right Wing Nut Jobs and Tea Party" (I guess you think that is so cute) …… we might actually make a little progress. (pun intended).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 03:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Perhaps if the Left spent a little more time in an attempt to help the families of these kids, instead of all their Energy and Activism on Gun Laws (which clearly don't address the problem) and blaming any and all shootings on "Right Wing Nut Jobs and Tea Party" (I guess you think that is so cute) …… we might actually make a little progress. (pun intended).
Good point. One the left doesn't want to address. They are all locked in on what they are told which is guns are evil and need to be taken. They don't care about the victims families unless they can use them in an add.........Gabby Giffords and her hubby got rich on it.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:18 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They are all locked in on what they are told which is guns are evil and need to be taken.
Nope, nobody thinks guns are "evil". Just inherently dangerous. Of course right wingers like yourself believe they are nothing but inanimate objects. Like a doily or a cuzy.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:26 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Somewhere, sometime the main and lame stream media will find a photo of this young man with a Fox News logo in the same frame.......then lookout!

Old 12-15-2013, 04:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
He was as unbalanced as anyone who would do such a thing ;plain and simple. Nothing to do with capitalism just mental problems far beyond any political ideology. Mental plus sees his situation caused by others is common even in non-mental cases where people con themselves.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:05 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Just waiting to hear what pharmacotherapy drugs this one was on. I am sure it will be blamed on his assault rifle though..... (btw- I know he used a hunting shotgun but that doesn't matter- it will be blamed on the gun.)

Old 12-15-2013, 05:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Every so often, the sheer heartless stupidity of a post makes me sad to be a member of the same species as the OP.
Yes, and apparently those occasions correspond to when your ideology is being called into question. Because I don't remember your lamentation back when the liberals were dragging conservatives through the mud over Zimmerman.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:23 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
MSNBC lost a potential future hater analyst. Oh, well.
Why was he so angry at the teacher? Was he caught cheating and given a bad grade, lost a political debate with him in class or what exactly?
Seriously, check into this kids medical history and see what if any psych meds he was on.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Vile, nasty and intolerant of opposing point-of-view.......that is what many of the so-called Liberals in fact are.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:48 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Just waiting to hear what pharmacotherapy drugs this one was on. I am sure it will be blamed on his assault rifle though..... (btw- I know he used a hunting shotgun but that doesn't matter- it will be blamed on the gun.)
"Hunting Shotgun"??? That's funny, where exactly did you hear that?
A "hunting shotgun" is any shotgun, like Joe Biden recommended - but it's now called a "hunting shotgun"? I guess for "hunting people".

Pretty much any shotgun (with the exception of the short barrels for home defense) is a "hunting shotgun" - people have used them to "hunt" fowl for many years.

Are we looking at new terminology from the Left?
Rifles have become (scary sounding) Assault Weapons, now Shotguns are going to be "Hunting Shotguns (implication for hunting people). The implication is that because it was a Long Gun, it must be an "assault" gun.

People have lost their minds. The Left is totally out of control.
I'm with you …… the odds are great that this guy was probably on some sort of pharmacotherapy drugs.
Parents medicate their kids today instead of raising their kids. Dope 'em up for an easier life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies