Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Hockey is the second worse sport for concussions though it had more concussion issues. Just ask the Lindross brothers. One (Brett) lied about how many concussions he had in college and lost his deal, the other (Eric) had his career cut short due to them.

Snowboarding isn't that much of a concussion sport though it is dangerous. Supercross too but if we banned everything that was "dangerous" the human race would have died from eating just fruit and veggies because we can't hunt.
I remember Eric Lindross. Damn that kid was good. I never played hockey but it always to me looked like the funnest sport to play. Skating around with sticks hitting folks and the like. I shoulda been born in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 09:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why???

did you read/watch the OP

liberals are wanting to ban football because its DANGEROUS

meanwhile they FAIL TO EVER MENTION boxing, or hockey...both MUCH MORE DANGEROUS than football
I love hockey but unlike football, the cost to enter the sport is much higher. To play hockey you need a stick, stick and pads, not exactly a cheap sport to get into.

FYI Liberals are not pushing to end football, just a buyer beware story. Just like Darnell Dockett said to the same question. He would wait until they are old enough to make the decision to be high school football player or not.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The guy looks like a weirdo. Probably into beastiality.
Maybe he wants to marry a cat.

We will soon get our "civil rights"!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Have you ever seen a pee wee football game? Those kids run around and fall into each other. So when they are what 14 they are old enough to make their own decision? Or fifteen? Maybe we should just wait till they are all eighteen to decide if they want to play football or not? Or maybe you just ask em when they're little and have stars in their eyes if they want to go fall into each other. I tell you when they get a bit older than pee wee you will know the ones who will move on. They are the ones who are a bit bigger but more important the ones who like contact. They want to play. The rest find another sport. Football isn't for everybody and now folks think it's for nobody. I say BS. You want to play soccer move to europe. This is the USA for now. I guess liberals want to change that though.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 PM

What is a greater threat to life - football or an Obamacare death panel?

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
before they ban football, they better ban hockey, and boxing, and snow boarding...oh and motorcross....and then knitting
Don't forget women's roller derby.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That's false, I know lots of liberals that love football, you see them filling the stadiums in their liberal cities.
Not always.

The New England Patriots represent the liberal city of Boston and play home games in Foxboro, MA.

The New York Giants and New York Jets not only don't play home games in liberal New York City, they don't even play them in the state of New York. East Rutherford, N.J. is the site of those team's stadium.

The liberal city of Buffalo's team, the Buffalo Bills, play home games in Orchard Park, N.Y.

Finally, the Washington Redskins play home games in Landover, MD, not liberal Washington D.C.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
why???

did you read/watch the OP

liberals are wanting to ban football because its DANGEROUS

meanwhile they FAIL TO EVER MENTION boxing, or hockey...both MUCH MORE DANGEROUS than football
Harrier went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Best ban basketball too liberals. My 14yo daughters teammate got a concussion a couple weeks ago getting knocked to the floor. Yes it's just horrible. Of course five years ago they woulda just tossed her back in. So you see how the entire full press on concussions makes sports safer for the kids? Instead of you trying to ban ones you don't like how bout just let others do what they choose? Oh liberals could never do that.
Liberals are anti-choice, except for when it come to destroying human life.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Have you ever seen a pee wee football game? Those kids run around and fall into each other. So when they are what 14 they are old enough to make their own decision? Or fifteen? Maybe we should just wait till they are all eighteen to decide if they want to play football or not? Or maybe you just ask em when they're little and have stars in their eyes if they want to go fall into each other. I tell you when they get a bit older than pee wee you will know the ones who will move on. They are the ones who are a bit bigger but more important the ones who like contact. They want to play. The rest find another sport. Football isn't for everybody and now folks think it's for nobody. I say BS. You want to play soccer move to europe. This is the USA for now. I guess liberals want to change that though.
Maybe it is part of the fundamental transformation that President Obama was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrefKCaV8m4Maybe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies