Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,557 times

Advertisements

Two scenarios now for the Christie in the primaries:

A.) He does run a super tight ship and knew about/endorsed this idea, and is a straight up "carpet bagger politician who bullies opponents."

B.) He runs his inner circle "like Obama does" with zero knowledge of what people do in his office. Throw in the Sandy critics and he gets painted as "like Obama."

Truth of the problem: It doesn't matter if he didn't know; the culture created by politicians among senior staffers will just show that he basically nurtured this type of attitude in his inner circle. Plus that response e-mail from the Port Authority guy of just "Got It" is so damning. It really shows this was not a first occurance, at least in discussion or political thought. There is a pattern of culture here.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
itll hurt christie, which is why hes trying to get out in front of it.

the right is also going after him now too.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
Same here. He's changed.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I thought you were talking about Obama because he never knows what his administration is orchestrating. (I can't wait to read Gates book "Duty")

Obviously you aren't listening to Christie on TV. If you were you would have heard that he was "informed" by his aide (that was fired) that it was told it was a study on traffic. Given that information, why would he "investigate" what he was told by a "trusted" aide?
The majority of the Washington Bridge, the most heavily traveled bridge in the world, was going to be closed and he knew nothing of it in advance? That little fact never crossed his desk? There was no planning leading up to closing the most heavily traveled bridge in the world, no contingency plans, no discussion about the impact, nothing at all? They just closed it for a sudden, unplanned for "traffic study" unexpectedly one morning and Christie found this completely plausible? If this is really true, then he is an idiot. But I don't think he is an idiot, so that leaves only one alternative.

He may be handling his press conference well, but the U.S. Attorney in New Jersey is opening an inquiry into the matter, so this isn't going away any time soon.

(Pssst: This isn't about Obama.)

Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Conspiracies are only true when the right is involved.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-09-2014 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,557 times
I was toying with the scenario of Hillary versus Christie, and actually was thinking he would be a good choice in that regard (with only the Montana governor making me switch back from Christie). Now I agree with the OP, I think the political environment he has created in his administration is pure toxcity now. Nixonian is the right word, even if he isn't involved. So I guess we'll have to see what other moderate GOPer comes to the lime light.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Two scenarios now for the Christie in the primaries:

A.) He does run a super tight ship and knew about/endorsed this idea, and is a straight up "carpet bagger politician who bullies opponents."

B.) He runs his inner circle "like Obama does" with zero knowledge of what people do in his office. Throw in the Sandy critics and he gets painted as "like Obama."

Truth of the problem: It doesn't matter if he didn't know; the culture created by politicians among senior staffers will just show that he basically nurtured this type of attitude in his inner circle. Plus that response e-mail from the Port Authority guy of just "Got It" is so damning. It really shows this was not a first occurance, at least in discussion or political thought. There is a pattern of culture here.
Gimme a break.

Hillary did just that with Benghazi and she's going to run.

There's enough dirt on any one of them that plans to run in 2016.

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Christie is just another New Jersey thug punishing his competition. Or he has lost control of his staff. Take your choice. I believe both.

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
and he seemed to not care about benghazi because he wanted to party with beyonce in vegas. Couldnt be bothered with white people being killed by muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
You know what excuse I've been hearing for this?

"It can't be proven!!!"

This after Obama carefully avoided ANY investigation....

Do these people ever stop lying, shucking, and jiving to avoid punishment for what they do?

Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
look at the headline on drudge report.

levin spent the first 20 mins of his show talking about it.

he is being trashed by the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies