Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
, many here are fiscally conservative only when "convenient". When inconvenient, they become thieves.
It is odd to see how the dems change position as long as someone has assets to take.. with that mindset they want everyone to give every asset to the government so they will stay poor.

The wealthy know the loop holes , the poor do not. And the dems say they are for the poor??? How crass..

Don't preach about the rich get richer as the government destroys the middleclass with marxism.. better to die without government medicaid. The poor have no idea how the government will grab their assets and their will be no launching pad for them to become something of themselves.

No wonder we will have the poor with us always... it is this kind of reasoning that makes me sick. The poor don't know the loop holes to keep them from becoming a slave to the government.. yet the illegals go to any emergency room have operations and pay nothing as the government overreaches and takes from the working poor who are American. Disgusting!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 04:16 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let me make sure I understand correctly..... a person who receives SNAP or healthcare services paid for by taxpayers should be forced to pay it back. And if they don't, they're thieves?

Did you wake up on the ultra conservative side of the bed today? I don't think i've even heard a conservative go that far.
The better question would be, should the person with the McMansion and new car be able to get SNAP or their electric bills paid by the taxpayer, so they can hand those things down to their kids? Or would it be more reasonable for them to downsize, live within their means and support themselves? Why shoud we expand welfare to even more?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is odd to see how the dems change position as long as someone has assets to take.. with that mindset they want everyone to give every asset to the government so they will stay poor.

The wealthy know the loop holes , the poor do not. And the dems say they are for the poor??? How crass..

Don't preach about the rich get richer as the government destroys the middleclass with marxism.. better to die without government medicaid. The poor have no idea how the government will grab their assets and their will be no launching pad for them to become something of themselves.

No wonder we will have the poor with us always... it is this kind of reasoning that makes me sick. The poor don't know the loop holes to keep them from becoming a slave to the government.. yet the illegals go to any emergency room have operations and pay nothing as the government overreaches and takes from the working poor who are American. Disgusting!!
Just a little refresher here to get everyone back on track.

Medicaid is the United States health program for families and individuals with low income and resources. The Health Insurance Association of America describes Medicaid as a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care." (America's Health Insurance Plans (HIAA), pg. 232). Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health-related services for people with low income in the United States. It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments and managed by the states,[1] with each state currently having broad leeway to determine who is eligible for its implementation of the program.

Note that it is "a means tested program". If you're poor then you get it. If you're not, then the government, meaning State and Federal will pay for it. If you have assets, you are technically not poor. Ironically, the means testing and the asset threshold was established by republicans to insure that people weren't gaming the system. Democrats had to go for it to get it passed in the legislature.

It should be noted that IF Medicaid were not means tested then everyone in the nation would be on it and we would have de facto universal healthcare coverage paid for by the taxpayer which Democrats have wanted all along. This is something that would give immediate heart palpitations to the average conservative.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,563 times
Quote:

I highly recommend anyone who seeks to protect family assets from being taken by the government to pay for health-related services in the sunset years

Excuse me. . . . .

'Taken by the government' to pay for health related services?

USED TO PAY THE MEDICAL / HEALTH CARE RELATED BILLS THAT THE PERSON INCURRED WHEN THEY NEEDED THE CARE AND SERVICES BRO!

I think I know how your kind thinks now. You would rather that the medical bills and health care related costs that rich people incur get paid for by the government so that the person that owes the money can leave their 'assets' to their heirs INSTEAD of paying the bills that they owe.

OMG

Old 12-18-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:

I highly recommend anyone who seeks to protect family assets from being taken by the government

FYI:

They are not 'family assets' if the person that use to posses those 'assets' incurred medical bills that they need to pay for.

Unbelievable

Old 12-18-2013, 05:22 PM

I like how wealthy people now consider Medicaid a way to have the government pay their medical bills so that they can leave their 'assets' to their offspring when they die. . . .

And people wonder what is wrong with this country.

The day that Medicaid becomes WELFARE for the rich - so that they can avoid paying the costs associated with their medical care and then leave their 'assets' to their heirs is the day that this country finally dies.

WTF

Old 12-18-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Luckily, my grandmother is still alive and her assets have been transferred over to my mother and her siblings. If she makes it past the 5 year mark, those assets will be untouchable and legitimately owned by my mother, etc.

MEDICAID. . . . .

Welfare for people with 'assets' that want the government to pay their medical bills with taxpayer money so that they can leave their money to their offspring.

WOW

Old 12-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You want to have your cake and eat it, too. Personal responsibility sounds good until it costs you something. Then you want the government to take care of you.

People with assets benefitting from government welfare more than a crack head single mother in Detroit.

It's all about 'protecting assets' while making the government pay for older, rich folks medical bills.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
In other words, you want other people to pay for your grandma's care, while she hides her assets.

Hides her assets in trust funds. . . . .

And then leaves her assets to her heirs.

'Conservatives' and 'Republicans' are pro-welfare too.

The joke is up.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Excuse me. . . . .

'Taken by the government' to pay for health related services?

USED TO PAY THE MEDICAL / HEALTH CARE RELATED BILLS THAT THE PERSON INCURRED WHEN THEY NEEDED THE CARE AND SERVICES BRO!

I think I know how your kind thinks now. You would rather that the medical bills and health care related costs that rich people incur get paid for by the government so that the person that owes the money can leave their 'assets' to their heirs INSTEAD of paying the bills that they owe.

OMG
No, no, and no.

You have it all backwards. This is not how Medicaid and means testing works.. Read up and then come back and discuss when you've got it all figured out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies