Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
People with assets benefitting from government welfare more than a crack head single mother in Detroit.

It's all about 'protecting assets' while making the government pay for older, rich folks medical bills.

Since you refuse to read the thread, I won't even say what I was going to say. You're too far gone to even salvage.

Another uninformed liberal. Ask me if I'm surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 05:31 PM

The government should not have set up Medicaid to fund poor peoples' healthcare if it didn't have the means for actually paying for it without taking from its citizens. How can one defend Medicaid as a public health law when the law itself relies in part on taking personal assets? There is something fundamentally wrong with mandating poor people be covered by Medicaid ....which is what Obamacare does!...... and then taking their property to pay for it.

You will not change my mind on this aspect of the law.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:33 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Our acreage will remain in our hands,
Secured by the Federal government (with the support of taxpayer money) when they forced Indians off it.

'Our Acreage'

That is going to be the title of my next book. Which will be about entitled economic elites and how they use the federal government to pay bills they don't feel like they have to pay. . . . . .

'Our Acreage: A Story of Unbridled American Narcissism & Entitlement'

Based on posts by AeroGuyDC

LOL

'Our Acreage' - Yep, all yours. . . . . For generations to come.

WOW

Old 12-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
MEDICAID. . . . .

Welfare for people with 'assets' that want the government to pay their medical bills with taxpayer money so that they can leave their money to their offspring.

WOW
I think a few liberals should reign you in from your diatribe.....you're making them look stupid by being so uniformed.

Maybe MohawkX will jerk your chain to get your attention. He seems to be on an a pretty even keel.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:38 PM

This is what the US has come to. . . .

AeroGuyDC has spent more time and effort discussing his grandparent's wealth and 'protecting' their 'acreage' from the federal government than he probably has spent in the last decade figuring out how to earn his own wealth.

And he expects the government to pay their medical bills while the family 'assets' stay entrenched and protected for him and future generations.

Oh FCK!

And I though people on welfare and EBT cards were bad. . . .

Old 12-18-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
This is what the US has come to. . . .

AeroGuyDC has spent more time and effort discussing his grandparent's wealth and 'protecting' their 'acreage' from the federal government than he probably has spent in the last decade figuring out how to earn his own wealth.

And he expects the government to pay their medical bills while the family 'assets' stay entrenched and protected for him and future generations.

Oh FCK!

And I though people on welfare and EBT cards were bad. . . .
Keep telling yourself that.

The rest of your post is a bald-face lie. That makes you a bald-face liar and utterly incompetent. Reading comprehension is obviously not your forte.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Keep telling yourself that.

The rest of your post is a bald-face lie. That makes you a bald-face liar and utterly incompetent. Reading comprehension is obviously not your forte.

Old money. . . .

Keep it protected with new taxpayer money.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 PM

33,569 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Secured by the Federal government (with the support of taxpayer money) when they forced Indians off it.

'Our Acreage'

That is going to be the title of my next book. Which will be about entitled economic elites and how they use the federal government to pay bills they don't feel like they have to pay. . . . . .

'Our Acreage: A Story of Unbridled American Narcissism & Entitlement'

Based on posts by AeroGuyDC

LOL

'Our Acreage' - Yep, all yours. . . . . For generations to come.

WOW
I know a family who owned a few beach towns in NJ.. yes, owned and collected land rent. There was a fire many years ago and destroyed the records and the government seized most of the land from that family. The government is greedy as they come. Watch out, they will take whatever they want as long as they keep legislating your rights away as a citizen.. the government wants to own you and what ever you own. It is called communism.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:57 PM

33,569 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just a little refresher here to get everyone back on track.

Medicaid is the United States health program for families and individuals with low income and resources. The Health Insurance Association of America describes Medicaid as a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care." (America's Health Insurance Plans (HIAA), pg. 232). Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health-related services for people with low income in the United States. It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments and managed by the states,[1] with each state currently having broad leeway to determine who is eligible for its implementation of the program.

Note that it is "a means tested program". If you're poor then you get it. If you're not, then the government, meaning State and Federal will pay for it. If you have assets, you are technically not poor. Ironically, the means testing and the asset threshold was established by republicans to insure that people weren't gaming the system. Democrats had to go for it to get it passed in the legislature.

It should be noted that IF Medicaid were not means tested then everyone in the nation would be on it and we would have de facto universal healthcare coverage paid for by the taxpayer which Democrats have wanted all along. This is something that would give immediate heart palpitations to the average conservative.
Hello... they go after the assets of the poor...read the thread , then respond. A poor family who has one asset, a home , not mansion, the government will take for the payment of medicaid care of a poor person, leaving the relatives with no home to live in.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:11 PM

15,054 posts, read 8,624,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hello... they go after the assets of the poor...read the thread , then respond. A poor family who has one asset, a home , not mansion, the government will take for the payment of medicaid care of a poor person, leaving the relatives with no home to live in.
It's really sad, isn't it? They just don't get what is coming.

Now, I as a conservative constitutionalist am fundamentally opposed to socialized programs in basic principle. I don't think anyone has the right to take what others have earned, to give to someone else ... even those who really are in need of help, and deserving of it. That is what charity is for, and Americans have always been a very charitable people.

However, with that said, the current state of the nation and the rampant fraud in the financial establishment and it's unholy and illegal union with government changes the ball game entirely. The same can be said of the medical establishment, which is as crooked, and worse than the Wall Street gangsters.

Consequently, I'm in favor of all public assistance programs, and especially those to aid the elderly, and I am dead against any type of government grabs of people's private assets to pay for the outrageous and artificially inflated costs of medical care. People's homes and meager assets should be exempt from the clutches of governent/Corporate cronyism theft.

Once integrity can be restored to the system, from the top down, then we can demand personal responsibilty from the rest ..... not before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies