Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Usually, the studies are on the websites. Unless, that is, you go to a library and read them in the hard copy journal.

I copied and pasted the link (thanks for being so helpful, and giving a live link, not), and found that the commissioner was appointed before Bloomberg was elected. I couldn't find a list of the other members of the BOH, let alone when they were appointed.

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Assumed office
January 1, 2002

NYC.gov - City Information, Services and Programs
Dr. Farley was appointed New York City Health Commissioner in May 2009.
I don't know why my link won't show up but the information can be found directly on the "NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene" website, under " "Board of Health" if you care to find the proof. It lists all 11 members with a bio and says at the bottom of 10 of the bios "was appointed to the Board of Health by Mayor Michael Bloomberg" with the year of appointment. The only exception is for Farley.

Under the health commissioner it just states that Farley was appointed, it does not state by who, but the answer to who is easily found on NYC.gov under "News from the Blue Room" heading dated May 18, 2009 article titled: MAYOR BLOOMBERG ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF DR. THOMAS A. FARLEY AS NEW YORK CITY HEALTH COMMISSIONER ). The info can be found on numerous news articles as well. I don't know why my links are not working here but all of this information can very easily be found, link or no link from reputable sources if you care to find the proof yourself with a few seconds of googling.

All eleven members of the NYC Board of Health were appointed by Bloomberg himself. This is not a secret. It's a fact that is easily verified.

BTW, The commissioner was appointed in 2009. Bloomberg was elected in 2001. Obviously, Bloomberg came first.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-23-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Understand that 60% figure is new and has been massaged to be persuasive. It's been debunked and the real figure is 1.5% Shock vaccine study reveals influenza vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of 100 adults (not 60% as you've been told) Also, it's important to understand how much money Big Pharma and the politicians stand to make in this deal, as well as understanding that Big pharma spends more on marketing (which includes propaganda and paying fr8iejndly scientists for friendly research) than they do on R/D. It's all a racket.
Nice try, but that figure is meaningless. Even if there were no vaccine, not everyone catches influenza every year.

From your link, 2.6 % of the unvaccinated group caught flu. So if you take that 2.6% and vaccinate them, and the vaccine is 60% effective, 1.5% of the entire group will not get the flu. But that includes the unvaccinated portion of the population as well.

The efficacy figures are determined by comparing infection rates in vaccinated versus unvaccinated populations. That is where the 60% figure comes from. The vaccine obviously cannot protect people who do not take it.

Do you have a source for your comment about marketing?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don't know why my link won't show up but the information can be found directly on the "NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene" website, under " "Board of Health" if you care to find the proof. It lists all 11 members with a bio and says at the bottom of 10 of the bios "was appointed to the Board of Health by Mayor Michael Bloomberg" with the year of appointment. The only exception is for Farley.

Under the health commissioner it just states that Farley was appointed, it does not state by who, but the answer to who is easily found on NYC.gov under "News from the Blue Room" heading dated May 18, 2009 article titled: MAYOR BLOOMBERG ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF DR. THOMAS A. FARLEY AS NEW YORK CITY HEALTH COMMISSIONER ). The info can be found on numerous news articles as well. I don't know why my links are not working here but all of this information can very easily be found, link or no link from reputable sources if you care to find the proof yourself with a few seconds of googling.

All eleven members of the NYC Board of Health were appointed by Bloomberg himself. This is not a secret. It's a fact that is easily verified.

BTW, The commissioner was appointed in 2009. Bloomberg was elected in 2001. Obviously, Bloomberg came first.
You're right; I was thinking it was the opposite. Don't ask me why, b/c I don't know.

However, the guy sounds highly qualified. You're not going to find too many public health people who are opposed to immunizations. In fact, the sum total that I have known, in all my career, is zero.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
You're right; I was thinking it was the opposite. Don't ask me why, b/c I don't know.

However, the guy sounds highly qualified. You're not going to find too many public health people who are opposed to immunizations. In fact, the sum total that I have known, in all my career, is zero.
My question remains the same, do you and others who are pro flu vaccine, support the government in mandating flu vaccines, even if that means forcing people, who do not wish to be vaccinated, into getting vaccinated (and/or their children), or else?

I'm just curious how far people would be willing to take this.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
My question remains the same, do you and others who are pro flu vaccine, support the government in mandating flu vaccines, even if that means forcing people, who do not wish to be vaccinated, into getting vaccinated (and/or their children), or else?

I'm just curious how far people would be willing to take this.
I don't believe in force. I prefer to promote vaccines through education efforts and positive means. I do believe in quarantining unvaccinated people during an outbreak.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in force. I prefer to promote vaccines through education efforts and positive means. I do believe in quarantining unvaccinated people during an outbreak.
Thank you for answering. I am 100% ok with the promotion of vaccines by those in the medical field through education and through positive means. I am glad to hear that you, being a strong proponent of the flu vaccine are not in favor of vaccination by force, like Bloomberg and his Board of Health.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
I make my own vaccines replacing aluminum, mercury and squalene with sulpho-silver compounds.

I rely on naturally occurring internal and external live agent from the environment.

Attenuation without being attenuated.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answering. I am 100% ok with the promotion of vaccines by those in the medical field through education and through positive means. I am glad to hear that you, being a strong proponent of the flu vaccine are not in favor of vaccination by force, like Bloomberg and his Board of Health.
I seriously doubt we have the whole story on the NYC issue. There are always opt-out provisions for vaccines. Of course, the day care can make their own rules, and make the vaccine mandatory.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM

904 posts, read 687,695 times
Quote:
No scientific evidence can be found anywhere that vaccines are "controversial" or harmful. These anti-immunization websites are totally lacking in scientific rigor. To repeat, there is no question about the science of vaccines.
There is no scientific proof that vaccines work.

There is proof that they hurt people.

You can't go by the manufacturer's word. Pharma is the largest producer of preventable death on the planet.

Their Sorcery kills more people than drunk drivers.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
There is no scientific proof that vaccines work.

There is proof that they hurt people.

You can't go by the manufacturer's word. Pharma is the largest producer of preventable death on the planet.

Their Sorcery kills more people than drunk drivers.
There is plenty of evidence that vaccines work. Have you had smallpox, polio, whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus?

Not that you'll be convinced by this link, but someone hopefully will be:
“Vaccines didn’t save us” (a.k.a. “vaccines don’t work”): Intellectual dishonesty at its most naked « Science-Based Medicine
(Note-not CDC!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies