Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 03:05 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

What about aluminum? Are all vaccines aluminum free?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:11 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Suzy, what do you think of Bloomberg's mandate? Are you for it or against it?
When your actions affect others, I think it is reasonable for those your actions will affect to have a say in limiting those effects. So, yes, I approve of required vaccines in public schools, including day care facilities.

If you choose not to vaccinate, would you be willing to be quarantined during an epidemic? That means you could not leave your home for any reason.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:16 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
When your actions affect others, I think it is reasonable for those your actions will affect to have a say in limiting those effects. So, yes, I approve of required vaccines in public schools, including day care facilities.

If you choose not to vaccinate, would you be willing to be quarantined during an epidemic? That means you could not leave your home for any reason.
Just wondering, if the 'others' had their flu shot - what's their worry?

I can understand (somewhat) if you are talking about clinical/hospital setting... but aside from that....

Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:

What do you think about the actions of a populace that would force their fellow man to inject substances to which they are opposed to into their bodies and into the bodies of their children? Even children as young as 6 months of age? That is the ultimate assault on a person's personal autonomy and freedom as a human being. And for what? Vaccines that are not anywhere near 100% effective. This kind of thinking is a disgrace to humankind.

If there was an outbreak, I would be willing to keep my kids home from school. I think it's an overreaction but I'd do it. I think it's beyond ridiculous, not to mention, arrogant, to force people to stay indoors though, who have not been vaccinated, considering vaccinations are far from foolproof. If the people who have chosen to forgo vaccination must be quarantined then everyone must be quarantined.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Just wondering, if the 'others' had their flu shot - what's their worry?

I can understand (somewhat) if you are talking about clinical/hospital setting... but aside from that....
Because the vaccine is not 100% effective. Children interacting in close quarters, who have not yet learned good hygiene (covering a sneeze, for example), are more likely to catch and spread respiratory viruses. If you take the vaccine and get sick, I am willing to accept that. If you do not take the vaccine, then I am not willing to accept your making no effort to protect yourself and others.

The vast majority of vaccine refusers base their rejection of vaccines on a faulty understanding of risk. They fear complications that never happen, like autism, or that are extremely unlikely to happen, like Guillain Barre Syndrome. They completely deny the risks of the diseases themselves.

For every vaccine we have, the risk of death or disability from the disease itself is many times greater than the risk of the vaccine.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
What do you think about the actions of a populace that would force their fellow man to inject substances to which they are opposed to into their bodies and into the bodies of their children? Even children as young as 6 months of age? That is the ultimate assault on a person's personal autonomy and freedom as a human being. And for what? Vaccines that are not anywhere near 100% effective. This kind of thinking is a disgrace to humankind.

If there was an outbreak, I would be willing to keep my kids home from school. I think it's an overreaction but I'd do it. I think it's beyond ridiculous, not to mention, arrogant, to force people to stay indoors though, who have not been vaccinated, considering vaccinations are far from foolproof. If the people who have chosen to forgo vaccination must be quarantined then everyone must be quarantined.
The opposition to the "substances" in vaccines is not scientifically based. It is a product of misinformation, largely spread through the Internet and alternative practioners. Much of it goes back to the Wakefield fiasco. The result is an unreasonable fear of "substances" that do not need to be feared.

Vaccines are not foolproof, but the fact is that if you do not get the flu vaccine, you are more than twice as likely to get the flu as someone who does take it.

If you work, would you stay home if you were not vaccinated? Not go shopping? Would everyone in your household stay home?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC
New york should be happy this guy will be out of office soon.
Yes but not soon enough!!!!

People should still try to fight this!!!!

Old 12-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
The opposition to the "substances" in vaccines is not scientifically based. It is a product of misinformation, largely spread through the Internet and alternative practioners. Much of it goes back to the Wakefield fiasco. The result is an unreasonable fear of "substances" that do not need to be feared.

Vaccines are not foolproof, but the fact is that if you do not get the flu vaccine, you are more than twice as likely to get the flu as someone who does take it.

If you work, would you stay home if you were not vaccinated? Not go shopping? Would everyone in your household stay home?

The vaccine inserts lists these substances, or if you prefer, ingredients. There is good reason to be concerned about some of these ingredients. Aluminum and thimerosal for starters. There are real side effect from vaccines even serious ones. This is not a mystery. Also, as an adult, I get to choose what I decide to inject (or not) into my body. As a parent, I can decide what goes into my children's bodies. The flu vaccine doesn't make the cut.

I don't find the efficacy studies for the flu to be convincing.

I would not stay home from work if I was not vaccinated. I would still go the grocery store. As long as my family was healthy, we would continue with life as we normally do. I would make sure that we all washed our hands more frequently then normal but no, we would absolutely not lock ourselves inside to protect those people who have yet to accept that illness is a part of life and that just being alive puts them at risk for a whole bunch of unpleasant things, such as the possibility that they may catch the flu at one point or another, vaccinated or not.

If I had the flu, I'd stay home though. No work, no school, no grocery stores.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:46 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
How about the facts?
Well, if anti-contaminancy of vaccines was dependent upon an amount of mercury included as a preservative, and that amount was lowered, has the CDC decided to risk the user with the heretofeared contaminants? Or, has the CDC decided to settle for reduced vaccine efficacy as a bending to public outcry?

Mercury, aluminum and squalene are used more as offensive provocateurs to the immune system than as preservatives.

Silver is a great preservative.

Trouble is, it isn't much of an hazard/provocateur.

You can put a silver dollar in a quart of milk to preserve it from going sour for an extended period of time, but when you drink the preserved milk, no illness happens to the drinker.

This is much better than putting a broken thermometer in your milk.

If you are going to employ offensive agents to stimulate the immune system, you should use offensives that do not accrue and diminish the overall health and immunity of the host.

You shouldn't replace one bout of measles with a lifetime of allergies.

When a person contracts an illness, the ENTIRE immune system responds in a coordinated effort.

The entire immune system is strengthened and educated by this activity.

The entirety of the immune system is beyond the comprehension of the current biological community.

The CDC has been faking it for years.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
The vaccine inserts lists these substances, or if you prefer, ingredients. There is good reason to be concerned about some of these ingredients. Aluminum and thimerosal for starters. There are real side effect from vaccines even serious ones. This is not a mystery. Also, as an adult, I get to choose what I decide to inject (or not) into my body. As a parent, I can decide what goes into my children's bodies. The flu vaccine doesn't make the cut.

I don't find the efficacy studies for the flu to be convincing.

I would not stay home from work if I was not vaccinated. I would still go the grocery store. As long as my family was healthy, we would continue with life as we normally do. I would make sure that we all washed our hands more frequently then normal but no, we would absolutely not lock ourselves inside to protect those people who have yet to accept that illness is a part of life and that just being alive puts them at risk for a whole bunch of unpleasant things, such as the possibility that they may catch the flu at one point or another, vaccinated or not.

If I had the flu, I'd stay home though. No work, no school, no grocery stores.
Why do you keep mentioning thimerosal? If you have done any "research" at all, you should be able to determine that thimerosal is no longer used in vaccines except multidose flu vaccine vials. You do not have to get any thimerosal if you do not want it. However, there is no scientific evidence that thimerosal in vaccines is dangerous.

Focusing on the substances that are present in minute amounts in vaccines and which have extremely tiny, virtually impossible to quantify risks while ignoring the much greater risks of diseases prevented by vaccines results in terribly flawed opinions about vaccines, including flu vaccine.

The problem with catching the flu is that a significant number of people end up dead from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies