Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:19 PM

15,046 posts, read 8,619,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Agreed, Guy. People often dismiss and label those who fall outside of the mainstream point of view, "quacks" despite their credentials. Many people just don't want to, choose not to or can't handle that their mainstream sources might not have all of the answers. They will never admit that they also might not have their best interest in mind. I prefer to look at issues from all sides and then make my conclusions based on what makes the most sense. There is always more to it then just reading studies and statistics and taking them at face value.
Very sound logic Miss Terri, and a good example for others to follow. And I believe more people are doing that today, than in recent times past. Part of that I believe is because of the hubris of the mainstream who no longer regulate themselves and the message they present to the public. Just last week, CNN reported on a "new study" that concluded that vitamin and mineral supplements provided no health benefit, but were avtually toxic and harmful. This type of over-the-top propaganda is doing more to discredit these liars than their opponents could ever hope to do. People are just not as stupid as these con artists apparently believe, and junk science like this only adds to the credibility concerns people are naturally beginning to detect on their own.

While even within the mainstream community, contradictions are becoming more apparent, as people are warned about mercury levels in a can of tuna, while dismissing concerns about injecting mercury laced vaccines into their bodies, even into pregnant women. You look at a warning on a tube of toothpaste containing fluoride, which tells you to contact poison control if a pea sized amount of that is swallowed ...a rational person must ask themselves why would you EVER put in your mouth something that a pea sized amount would cause a health emergency if swallowed? And who in their right minds would allow their young children to put that in their mouths .... particularly the bubble gum flavored variety? It is nothing short of pure insanity. But you really have to expend some effort to locate toothpaste that is fluoride free, while none of the most popular and recognized brands offer such a choice. I'd bet that 2/3 of the general public have no idea that the common toothpaste they buy is so toxic, that such a tiny amount could pose a health emergency. Most people would naturally assume (erroneously) that such a toxic substance wouldn't be allowed on the shelves for sale. Nor would they expect that such s toxic substance be added to their drinking water, claiming it to br not just safe, but beneficial !

Just the fluoride issue itself is clear proof of the total disregard mainstream consumer protection agencies like the FDA have regarding the public health, and is at best malfeasance, and at worst, insidious malevolence. (The preponderance of all evidence suggests the latter)

So how can anyone trust anything the FDA has to say about vaccine safety? The obvious answer is, you can't, if you have a lick of common sense.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:49 PM

37,088 posts, read 41,220,763 times
You guys can put on your tin hats and worry about non-existent risks from vaccines.

I will listen to the scientists and the doctors --- the folks who actually have to deal with the people who get sick (and sometimes die) from infectious diseases that can be prevented with vaccines, like influenza.

Between 2004 and 2012, 90% of the children who died from influenza were not vaccinated against it. That says enough for me.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You guys can put on your tin hats and worry about non-existent risks from vaccines.

I will listen to the scientists and the doctors --- the folks who actually have to deal with the people who get sick (and sometimes die) from infectious diseases that can be prevented with vaccines, like influenza.

Between 2004 and 2012, 90% of the children who died from influenza were not vaccinated against it. That says enough for me.
Ah, the old "tin foil hat" ploy. How original.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-27-2013 at 08:10 PM..

Old 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM

111 posts, read 91,585 times
smallpox was around for most of human history. in the 20th century, it killed more people than all of the wars, genocides and criminal acts combined. throughout history, smallpox killed a diverse array of people--

it killed kings & peasants, it killed the religious & atheists, it killed warriors and pacifists. it killed people who prayed for relief. it killed people who dabbled in the occult. it killed blacks, whites, indians and asians. it killed men, women and children.

then, a smallpox vaccine was invented. because of this, that ancient scourge of humanity is now extinct. you're kind of slow if you don't believe vaccines work.

that being said, the notion of the government telling you what you must have injected into your body is downright offensive. that's between you & your doctor and no one else.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Very sound logic Miss Terri, and a good example for others to follow. And I believe more people are doing that today, than in recent times past. Part of that I believe is because of the hubris of the mainstream who no longer regulate themselves and the message they present to the public. Just last week, CNN reported on a "new study" that concluded that vitamin and mineral supplements provided no health benefit, but were avtually toxic and harmful. This type of over-the-top propaganda is doing more to discredit these liars than their opponents could ever hope to do. People are just not as stupid as these con artists apparently believe, and junk science like this only adds to the credibility concerns people are naturally beginning to detect on their own.

While even within the mainstream community, contradictions are becoming more apparent, as people are warned about mercury levels in a can of tuna, while dismissing concerns about injecting mercury laced vaccines into their bodies, even into pregnant women. You look at a warning on a tube of toothpaste containing fluoride, which tells you to contact poison control if a pea sized amount of that is swallowed ...a rational person must ask themselves why would you EVER put in your mouth something that a pea sized amount would cause a health emergency if swallowed? And who in their right minds would allow their young children to put that in their mouths .... particularly the bubble gum flavored variety? It is nothing short of pure insanity. But you really have to expend some effort to locate toothpaste that is fluoride free, while none of the most popular and recognized brands offer such a choice. I'd bet that 2/3 of the general public have no idea that the common toothpaste they buy is so toxic, that such a tiny amount could pose a health emergency. Most people would naturally assume (erroneously) that such a toxic substance wouldn't be allowed on the shelves for sale. Nor would they expect that such s toxic substance be added to their drinking water, claiming it to br not just safe, but beneficial !

Just the fluoride issue itself is clear proof of the total disregard mainstream consumer protection agencies like the FDA have regarding the public health, and is at best malfeasance, and at worst, insidious malevolence. (The preponderance of all evidence suggests the latter)

So how can anyone trust anything the FDA has to say about vaccine safety? The obvious answer is, you can't, if you have a lick of common sense.
When President Obama appointed former Monsanto VP, lawyer and lobbyist as Commissioner for Foods to the FDA he really sent a strong message that health was not a priority. There are a lot of ties between Monsanto and numerous government agencies. I would have hoped that this particular appointment woke some people up.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Looks like the swine flu is making a comeback. Why? Because few people got flu shots this year, and one of the strains included in the vaccine was the H1N1 virus. It's hitting the young and healthy especially hard.

'Swine flu' makes comeback in St. Louis area

H1N1 flu outbreak at Misericordia Hospital hits staff, patients - Edmonton - CBC News

I saw on the news tonight that several people have already died.
Nicely done, anti-vaxxers! You must be very pleased with yourselves. All the howling about conspiracies has paid off.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 12-27-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
your immune system offers you lifetime immunity from the chicken pox.

The vaccine industry false tries to claim its vaccines work exactly the same way: They cause the body to produce antibodies against a certain viral strain. But there's something you're not being told about vaccines: They don't really produce the same quality and strength of antibodies that your own body would produce from a natural infection and recovery. That's why the vaccines "wear off" and leave you with zero protection from the very strains they inoculate you against.

In other words, vaccines don't work as advertised. And that's why the vaccine industry has to keep pushing the same vaccine strains year after year. Because, think about it: If vaccines actually worked as intended, they would give you lifetime immunity against whatever strains you were injected with, right? And yet the CDC now openly admits vaccines don't offer that at all:

"This year's flu shot will be a duplicate of last year's because the same flu strains are still circulating," reports the Associated Press in an article about the CDC. "Government health officials are urging nearly everyone to get this fall's flu shot. They say a vaccine's protection can fade significantly after several months."

Since the CDC admits they don't work as advertised, its scarcely a "tin foil" hat idea. Turn off the mainstream corporate news and ask your own physician.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:02 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

The American "health care" industry is the must corrupt one in our history. People are waking up to the fact that you listen to and follow them at your peril, but you are certainly free to stay fastened to their short leash.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Looks like the swine flu is making a comeback. Why? Because few people got flu shots this year, and one of the strains included in the vaccine was the H1N1 virus. It's hitting the young and healthy especially hard.

'Swine flu' makes comeback in St. Louis area

H1N1 flu outbreak at Misericordia Hospital hits staff, patients - Edmonton - CBC News

I saw on the news tonight that several people have already died.
Nicely done, anti-vaxxers! You must be very pleased with yourselves. All the howling about conspiracies has paid off.

Go get your hoax vaccine...

While you are at it, go get your scaremonger vaccine or else it will mutate into a SUPER STRAIN OH NOEZZZZZ

Old 12-28-2013, 12:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Thumbs up *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey
your immune system offers you lifetime immunity from the chicken pox.

The vaccine industry false tries to claim its vaccines work exactly the same way: They cause the body to produce antibodies against a certain viral strain. But there's something you're not being told about vaccines: They don't really produce the same quality and strength of antibodies that your own body would produce from a natural infection and recovery. That's why the vaccines "wear off" and leave you with zero protection from the very strains they inoculate you against.

In other words, vaccines don't work as advertised
WOW WHAT AN EXCELLENT REPLY!!!!

I SWEAR ITS ME THAT POSTED THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my friend,exactly!!!!!! (Often they leave you open to OTHER THINGS later in life)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.