Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:37 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are however missing several key points.

1. Russia, whether we like it or not has LAWS that outlaw speaking about gay rights, where a child can hear the statements.
2. The person chosen by Obama is admittedly a homosexual.
3. If our representative says 1 thing positive about gay rights, while on Russian soil that a Russian minor can hear, then Russia can arrest him on sight, and ship him back to the U.S. under their law.

As soon as #3 takes place, Obama's snub becomes a counter snub, with no answer back allowed, and it makes Obama, hence America look stupid, yet again.

Obama's "pieces of paper", which a previous person here has stated should prove critical thinking skills being from a reputable establishment of higher learning have been proven otherwise on any number of occasions. One would think that LYING is counterproductive, and adverse to critical thinking skills, yet he has done so, over and over, and now, he proves yet again, those skills are absent, in sending Several openly homosexual people to Russia.

In all actuality, he has put the Russian leader in a position of power over our delegates, and technically, that leader could refuse entry of our delegates under Russian law. That would put Obama where?
Obama has done NO wrong here. I, as a gay man, would be as LOUD as I could if I was one of those delegates sent to the Olympics. Obama, and America is behind all those fighting for the right to exist.

I don't expect you bigots to comprehend human rights. But you do HAVE TO ACCEPT THEM! Gay people are on every corner of this world. We have been here forever and we will FOREVER be here! Get used it it!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Obama has done NO wrong here. I, as a gay man, would be as LOUD as I could if I was one of those delegates sent to the Olympics. Obama, and America is behind all those fighting for the right to exist.

I don't expect you bigots to comprehend human rights. But you do HAVE TO ACCEPT THEM! Gay people are on every corner of this world. We have been here forever and we will FOREVER be here! Get used it it!
You obviously feel very passionately about this issue.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are however missing several key points.

1. Russia, whether we like it or not has LAWS that outlaw speaking about gay rights, where a child can hear the statements.
2. The person chosen by Obama is admittedly a homosexual.
3. If our representative says 1 thing positive about gay rights, while on Russian soil that a Russian minor can hear, then Russia can arrest him on sight, and ship him back to the U.S. under their law.

As soon as #3 takes place, Obama's snub becomes a counter snub, with no answer back allowed, and it makes Obama, hence America look stupid, yet again.

Obama's "pieces of paper", which a previous person here has stated should prove critical thinking skills being from a reputable establishment of higher learning have been proven otherwise on any number of occasions. One would think that LYING is counterproductive, and adverse to critical thinking skills, yet he has done so, over and over, and now, he proves yet again, those skills are absent, in sending Several openly homosexual people to Russia.

In all actuality, he has put the Russian leader in a position of power over our delegates, and technically, that leader could refuse entry of our delegates under Russian law. That would put Obama where?
You're assuming that said delegate will even be discussing gay rights during their visit to Russia.

Maybe, just maybe, said delegate will do what they've been hired to do and that's to oversee the Olympics and do the duty their roles call for them to do?

A stretch, I know!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You're assuming that said delegate will even be discussing gay rights during their visit to Russia.

Maybe, just maybe, said delegate will do what they've been hired to do and that's to oversee the Olympics and do the duty their roles call for them to do?

A stretch, I know!
I sincerely hope you're right. That will save both countries a lot of embarrassment and maybe worse.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:07 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Yes, this will be the defining moment of his presidency. It's right up there with Reagan's "tear down this wall" and Washington crossing the Delaware river.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:

If Obama sent you as a delegate and you were LOUD as you could be about gay rights, you should rightly be arrested and put on a plane out of Russia or thrown into jail.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
But our president DOES stand up for the rights of minorities, whether they be sexual, religious, or racial. And he does so in the face of a world that opposes him on these issues.

To that, I say thank you Obama!
Then why did he go to court to fight the removal of DADT, and then only repealing it after a judge ordered it done?

Tell me why does him being gay matter to you? The only people I hear talking about people being gay, are those who run around telling people that what they do in their bedroom doesnt matter, but it sure seems to matter, provided of course their screwing the right sex..

Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Homosexual acts? These people aren't going to be having sex in public.
So you admit that it doesnt matter, which makes me wonder what the hell the thread is about..

Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

A stretch, I know!
Which in turn makes him being gay, a useless fact to know and thus the only people making an issue out of what he's doing in his bedrooms, are those who are very vocal that no one should be concerned about what they do in their bedrooms.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

I understand that Obama has presided over the worst economy since the depression. From an economic standpoint things haven't been very peachy over the years.

But our president DOES stand up for the rights of minorities, whether they be sexual, religious, or racial. And he does so in the face of a world that opposes him on these issues.

To that, I say thank you Obama!
Have to find any crumb to pick up and shine in the aftermath of Obama's shovel ready jobs paving the road to hell. Pathetic nuance, I'm sure will get another nobel peace prize.

Might whisper to Obama that christians are being murdered wholesale throughout the middle east and in his world of protecting the innocent he took a dim view of killing people with poison gas but had no problem with innocent people dying by conventional means.

Yep, Obama is the protector of minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies