Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM

17,342 posts, read 9,157,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Cult.

If anything, I hope years from now, some people look back at this in horror as I do now. Seeing people, the media, hollywood, etc in a cult like trance over this man. Talk about disturbing, to put it lightly. Frankly, there are few words to describe the cult like phenomena that we witnessed surrounding the drones/rats and Obama. To this day, every time I see a picture/video of it or think back on it, it really creeps me the hell out. Just who are these freaks that practically worshiped this man? What was going through their brains? It downright scary that these people exist, media/hollywood jerks who participated included. The world would be better off with out them.
It all "creeped me out" at the time …… and it still does.
Obama's 2004 speech was wonderful - I thought at the time, 'this man will be President some day', when he declared he was running for the job 2 years later - I really started looking at his background, his experience (lack of) and the people he surrounded himself with as advisors. Everything I learned sounded alarms. Then the subtle 'racist attacks' against the Clintons alarmed me and the "cultist" aura of "Messiah" became scary. The Obamas', their Team and Valerie Jarrett heavily promoted this cult thing.

Is Obama an enlightened being? San Francisco Chronicle - June 6, 2008

Quote:
Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.
Anyone remember all those really creepy videos of children chanting to Obama during 2008?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,781,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Sorry Barbara to burst your bubble but I think we have Satan in the WH.

Barbara Walters on Obama:
Speak for yourself Babs. Some of us can see thru BS others can't.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well ---- obviously she doesn't believe Jesus was the first Messiah, but like a typical liberal, she would have seen Bill Clinton as a Messiah. That would make Obama the second Messiah.
Gottcha.....

Guess I have a hard time looking at someone (The President in this case) who would let a 19 year old intern take the fall as anything of "GREATNESS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Are you really so partisan as to not have noticed that Obama gets quite a lot of pushback in trying to run this country LIKE A DEMOCRAT?! The net result of filibuster and partisan gridlock is sometimes nothing. As I said, and I didn't stutter. IMO it would be better to actually RUN THE COUNTRY than to run down the man running the country. If you don't want to consider UHC for the unwashed masses, then do not, under any circumstances, allow Progressives to get control of the White House. If you fail to prevent that, then you will have to contend with the distasteful task of sabotaging their efforts at health care reform, environmental advocacy, Medicare expansion, infrastructure improvement and <gasp> Climate Change.

H
Do you notice all of your so called life issues involve taxing the people? All the while the government reaps more and gives more away to countries who treat their people poorly. When will people see the government spends money unwisely, stop thinking Al Gore and he's kind are really out to save the earth and the people.

What do you think of those who run down a man who use to run the country.......some (as in President) can't see the ball has been in their court for awhile now.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,880,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you notice all of your so called life issues involve taxing the people?
Maybe. Maybe not. But what if it does? See, that's the problem you guys have, you want all these wonderful things but you don't expect to have to pay for them... this country has over 400 billionaires and a whole lot of people with net worths in the hundreds of millions. They pay NO taxes. They really don't. When the smoke clears and all the jiggery poker is exposed, the net result of all the chicanery by their tax lawyers is hundredths of a cent on the dollar. About as close to zero as matters. That this results in any revenue at all for the IRS, should give you an inkling into just how much money would be available if some kick ass TAX REFORM were applied to actually getting this country back to First World status.

Quote:
All the while the government reaps more and gives more away to countries who treat their people poorly. When will people see the government spends money unwisely, stop thinking Al Gore and he's kind are really out to save the earth and the people.
Government Waste is a separate issue from Government Spending. The way to control government waste, could never be to eliminate government entirely, or reduce it to a ridiculous extreme. The Government gives 3 billion/yr to Israel and what do we get for that? 9/11? Seems a pretty poor return on investment. Just tax the billionaires already and stop making spurious arguments that can be debunked in a single stroke of logic.

Quote:
What do you think of those who run down a man who use to run the country.......some (as in President) can't see the ball has been in their court for awhile now.
How charitable of you to think that Obama has the ball in his court. I know, I know, you all think Obama and other black people have hit the Lottery of redemption and we are living on Cloud 9. Eats you up, doesn't it. Just because a black man is not being ... ... honestly... if I thought that I would have to endure 3 more years of having to whine on the Internet about how awful it is to see a black person moving around in polite society... honestly... its time for a lethal cocktail. End the pain. Waiting it out is not an option... not like this... day after day... ObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObama... you don't even realize you are chanting Obama's name more than his worshipful supporters are. Oh dear... I guess I've gone and killed another thread... this much logic in one post is too much... time to slink off and start another where hopefully I won't find it... Well... you can try... I've got some vacation coming up... whoo haa. Going to keep it real around here for a few days at least. Obama has the ball in his court... right... it's not possible to make this stuff up...

H

Old 12-19-2013, 10:03 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,198,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
No but he shredded the very fabric of our nation socially and economically and deserves to be impeached for shear and total incompetence in addition to his cronies Reid, Pelsoi and the like. We, as a nation, will never recover from the division he has created. The great failed expieriment, electing a man based on race and not ability, honor and integrity to represent what was, the greatest nation in the world. Liberals should never again be allowed to lead.
I agree. In fact, I think Obama got through most of his academia and political career with the graces of affirmative action. Obviously the man is not qualified for much, besides charismatic public speaking, lying and pandering to race baiters.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,198,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama and his light weight interviews feeding messiah propaganda.
This picture really highlights the amount of slobbering these ladies did over the president and first lady. Look at the stark contrast between the questions asked of both Michelle Obama and Ann Romney by Barbara Walters during the elections last year. Amazing.

Questions asked of Michelle Obama on the View:

1. Who is your idea of a classic first lady?
2. Do you have doubts about being a classic first lady?
3. I heard your husband tucks you in at night. Is that true?
4. Your husband says he teases you mercilessly. Do you tease him back?
5. If the president is not reelected, would you consider running for president?

Questions asked of Ann Romney on the View:

1. Your husband was prochoice, now is against abortion. Have you changed your views on abortion?
2. Do you think access to birth control and abortions is an economic issue?
3. As first lady, if you get the job, you will have to talk to the mothers whose children are coming home in bags from wars. Doesn't your religion keep you from fighting? How will you relate to those mothers of children who have not come back? How do you explain that your own sons have not gone?
4. Did you and your husband almost break up?
5. I heard you don't watch t.v. What do you do all day?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,910,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
This picture really highlights the amount of slobbering these ladies did over the president and first lady. Look at the stark contrast between the questions asked of both Michelle Obama and Ann Romney by Barbara Walters during the elections last year. Amazing.

Questions asked of Michelle Obama on the View:

1. Who is your idea of a classic first lady?
2. Do you have doubts about being a classic first lady?
3. I heard your husband tucks you in at night. Is that true?
4. Your husband says he teases you mercilessly. Do you tease him back?
5. If the president is not reelected, would you consider running for president?

Questions asked of Ann Romney on the View:

1. Your husband was prochoice, now is against abortion. Have you changed your views on abortion?
2. Do you think access to birth control and abortions is an economic issue?
3. As first lady, if you get the job, you will have to talk to the mothers whose children are coming home in bags from wars. Doesn't your religion keep you from fighting? How will you relate to those mothers of children who have not come back? How do you explain that your own sons have not gone?
4. Did you and your husband almost break up?
5. I heard you don't watch t.v. What do you do all day?
Maybe Barbara Walters didn't feel Michelle was capable of handling tougher questions. I can see how she might draw that conclusion.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:04 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,565,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
How stupid, we all know Ronald Reagan was the second coming. LMFAO
lol...

Old 12-19-2013, 11:11 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,437,800 times
I didn't think he was the Messiah in 2008 and I don't think he's Satan in 2013.

He remains what he's always been--just a well-spoken politician who is doing the country a service merely by keeping a Republican out of the White House.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,841,914 times
Walters once bragged about herself on The View saying she was such a good journalist no one would ever guess what her politics were
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies