Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't think anybody other than the parties to the contract knows this.
You were mentioning that someone else said "A&E gets every dime that you spend on Duck Dynasty merchandise." Please, show me the proof. I have no desire to buy their products, nor do I care about the show other than I hope it succeeds on another network since PC types at A&E suspended Mr. Robertson.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Check and see, but I'm quite sure that the Robertson family gets royalties from the Duck Dynasty merchandise too.
They do, but it's not even about that now. They've angered a large segment of their restaurant customers and they felt they had to apologize.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes that's what he's saying. Stupid isn't it?
Except that's not what he was saying at all.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
You were mentioning that someone else said "A&E gets every dime that you spend on Duck Dynasty merchandise." Please, show me the proof.
I have no proof of that, and nobody on this thread has claimed that it's the case. I was mentioning that the person who claimed dsjj251 said "A&E gets every dime that you spend on Duck Dynasty merchandise" was mistaken about what dsjj251 said.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:25 PM

781 posts, read 736,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If this isn't the biggest non story every in the history of the universe I don't know what is.
Your existence is the biggest non-story...

Old 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
That about sums it up. It's like whining about firefighters wasting water while trying to put out an apartment fire.
You are correct. Why are they screaming about this? Why do they care? They don't even know is what is funny and pathetic about it all. They just scream to scream. Liberals would have nothing to do if their masters didn't give em something to cry and wail about. The great leader Obama supported the clinton signed DOMA law until he needed some help election time then they started all the wailing and it works. I'm sure these guys just sit and laugh at how stupid people are...........I would be too because they are right.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except that's not what he was saying at all.
You're clueless also. By my count, that's at least three liberals on one thread who doesn't know how commerce works.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If this isn't the biggest non story every in the history of the universe I don't know what is.
Quite incorrect

It shows that the nation is tired of being bullied by politically correct Nazis. Further, it shows cracks in the leftist agenda, due to the continued decline in the standard of living and intervention in personal lives. Witness an entirely democrat crowd turning on Al Sharpton at a recent rally in Chicago.

No one wants to be told how to live, what to say, or what to think. The left has become the "brand" of authoritarianism- assuming the right and priveledge to dictate other people's lives. Such a position, is tiresome and presumes a sense of elitism among the superiority among the leftist handlers.

Tyranny is never popular- except, of course, among tyrants. "Hope and Change" now seems as cynical as "The Cultural Revolution", 'Worker's Paradise", "The Great Leap Forward" and other lies designed to subjugate citizens.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're clueless also. By my count, that's at least three liberals on one thread who doesn't know how commerce works.
What the hell are you talking about? What comments have I made about the workings of commerce?

01Snake claimed that dsjj251 said A&E gets every dime spent on Duck Dynasty merchancise. All I did was point out that dsjj251 did not say that.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Quite incorrect

It shows that the nation is tired of being bullied by politically correct Nazis. Further, it shows cracks in the leftist agenda, due to the continued decline in the standard of living and intervention in personal lives. Witness an entirely democrat crowd turning on Al Sharpton at a recent rally in Chicago.

No one wants to be told how to live, what to say, or what to think. The left has become the "brand" of authoritarianism- assuming the right and priveledge to dictate other people's lives. Such a position, is tiresome and presumes a sense of elitism among the superiority among the leftist handlers.

Tyranny is never popular- except, of course, among tyrants. "Hope and Change" now seems as cynical as "The Cultural Revolution", 'Worker's Paradise", "The Great Leap Forward" and other lies designed to subjugate citizens.
Tyranny? What are you talking about? How has the government involved itself in this issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies