Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That what you call hateful ignorant nonsense is from the Gospel of the bible, written by the Holy Spirit of God.

God did say that drunkards, thieves, adulterers fornicators and homosexuals will not enter into the kindom of God. Phil only recited the words of the Bible.

Sin separates man from God. Phil is being truthful about his beliefs. Phil does not have the power to condemn anyone. The sin in ones life condemns them. The word of God is the judge. Jesus said it plain. I do not come to condemn but to save. Jesus also said that we are in condemnation if we do not repent of our sin and follow Jesus. We are the ones who hold the power over condemnation. To repent or not . It is each person's choice.
The source of his thoughts and words doesn't change the fact that they are vile and hateful and reflect the thinking of an ignorant bigot.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
That what you call hateful ignorant nonsense is from the Gospel of the bible, written by the Holy Spirit of God.

God did say that drunkards, thieves, adulterers fornicators and homosexuals will not enter into the kindom of God. Phil only recited the words of the Bible.

Sin separates man from God. Phil is being truthful about his beliefs. Phil does not have the power to condemn anyone. The sin in ones life condemns them. The word of God is the judge. Jesus said it plain. I do not come to condemn but to save. Jesus also said that we are in condemnation if we do not repent of our sin and follow Jesus. We are the ones who hold the power over condemnation. To repent or not . It is each person's choice.
I think Phil picks and chooses which part of the bible he chooses to proclaim.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:23 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The source of his thoughts and words doesn't change the fact that they are vile and hateful and reflect the thinking of an ignorant bigot.
No, it is truth , not hate.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Quote:
No, it is truth , not hate.
It's not hate to say you believe the bible is against homosexuality. It reaches that level when one uses the language that the this reality tv actor used. It amazes me that so many can't see that.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM

65 posts, read 81,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
How the hell is this a top story on CNN? Is this a new low in our divided and distracted society?

We not only still care about "reality" shows, but we care about what the "reality" stars have to say?
We not only care about what they have to say, but we have to censor and try to dissent their opinion if it's not one held by the majority?
It was the lead on Fox News also.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:26 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think Phil picks and chooses which part of the bible he chooses to proclaim.
The Bible is complete. It is the same yesterday , today and forever. God tells us in his word what is the truth of mankind.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
It's about as simple and easy to make sense of as a hypothetical can be. It's a hypothetical law that bans straight people from driving but allows gay people to do so.

I then asked you if such a law would be constitutional. I asked because I think it would be unconstitutional, but your comment - "The Costitution doesnt guarantee us our rights according to our sexual preference, homo nor hetero" - indicates that you think such a law would not violate the constitution.

Instead of answering my question, you decided to state that it would be hard to determine who is gay and who is straight. I'll alleviate you of that concern. For purposes of the hypothetical, assume everybody tells the truth about his or her sexuality when applying for a driver's license.

Given that, would the hypothetical law be unconstitutional: yes or no, and why or why not?
Nonsense..for one thing its a bad analogy, it doesnt make sense. The bottom line is you and I have the exact same rights according to the Constitution. The Constitution doesnt have a clause for how you like your sex.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
So ban all practicing Christians from cable TV then, just ban them all.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:38 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
How the hell is this a top story on CNN? Is this a new low in our divided and distracted society?

We not only still care about "reality" shows, but we care about what the "reality" stars have to say?
We not only care about what they have to say, but we have to censor and try to dissent their opinion if it's not one held by the majority?
I agree. We are a very distracted society. They would love to keep people away from important stuff. Education is power and a dumbed down society has none.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So ban all practicing Christians from cable TV then, just ban them all.
Huh? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies