Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

There is always a backlash to the "you must accept my beliefs, but I don't have to accept yours" attitude.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Some angry bigots called and yelled at them. GLAAD sure got its comeuppance.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:01 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times
Yea, gay Americans will never recover from the duck dynasty controvery of 2013.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:02 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Did you even read your own link? GLAAD is fighting this ridiculous clown and A&E with everything they have. You think they are going to be intimidated just because a bunch of bigots send them nastygrams?Hah!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:02 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Some angry bigots called and yelled at them. GLAAD sure got its comeuppance.
GLAAD seems to have a group of those too.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Did you even read your own link? GLAAD is fighting this ridiculous clown and A&E with everything they have. You think they are going to be intimidated just because a bunch of bigots send them nastygrams?Hah!
The best way to take this kind of criticism, is to take the high road, but to demand what they did and not expect backlash from fans of show is arrogant.

They made hay out of it and turned around and bit them on their rear. Apparently GLAAD felt whiny and intimidated over what a redneck said.

Sucks to be them.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The best way to take this kind of criticism, is to take the high road, but to demand what they did and not expect backlash from fans of show is arrogant.

They made hay out of it and turned around and bit them on their rear. Apparently GLAAD felt whiny and intimidated over what a redneck said.

Sucks to be them.
What intimidation??? Did you hear something about GLADD backing down? I thought not.

GLAAD is an advocacy group. It is their JOB to raise hell. The only way they come out losers in this is if their donations or funding goes down.

I think as a result of pressuring A&E to take action against Robertson, GLAAD has raised its profile. Increased contributions are sure to follow.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
What you should do is exercise your right to rational thought and see that he didn't make any such comparison.

This situation reminds me of the Justice Scalia situation from a while back over the voting rights act. Some dishonest liberal, in typical dishonest liberal fashion, decides to misrepresent what Scalia said so he can play the race card, and the mass of liberals on this forum, in typical lemming liberal fashion, all jump right on board with their self righteousness and outraged indignation. And they are so full of themselves with their moral superiority that they don't bother to engage their brains and realize that Scalia never said what he was being accused of.

Same thing going on here. Simply because Robertson used homosexuality and bestiality in the same sentence, those same liberal lemmings are off to the races again. Just because you use two words in the same sentence does not mean you are equating or comparing them. Like I said in my other post, jaywalking and murder are both crimes. Did I just say jaywalkers are murderers? Of course not. But if I say homosexuality and bestiality are both sins, then the liberals switch off their brains and go into full "conservatives are bigots" mode.

It's funny, because they sure act different when it's their side. We had to argue over what the word "is" means when it was Clinton. Then we had Obama "misspeaking" rather than lying about health insurance. You need to interpret things with a fine tooth comb when it's their side that says something stupid or offensive. What hypocrites.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-21-2013 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
What intimidation??? Did you hear something about GLADD backing down? I thought not.

GLAAD is an advocacy group. It is their JOB to raise hell. The only way they come out losers in this is if their donations or funding goes down.

I think as a result of pressuring A&E to take action against Robertson, GLAAD has raised its profile. Increased contributions are sure to follow.
GLAAD raised hell expecting the public to harrumph alongside them. They were shocked, shocked I tell you, over the backlash and got whiny in response.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He probably didn't see racism, in sharing his personal experience. because he wasn't looking for it. Did anyone ever think of that?
Many Southeners, especially those who supported Jim Crow laws, didn't see racism. Not even when it was staring them in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies