Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:13 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog_ View Post
In the original quote he mentions multiple things not just gays.
If you look at the full context of what Robertson said, including the quote about loving one another that the media is going out of its way to not report, how can the media claim that Robertson said homosexuals are going to Hell? Or that he singled out homosexuals? Or that he compared homosexuality to bestiality.
If Robertson compared homosexuality to bestiality, he also compared adultery, drunkenness and greed to bestiality -- and no one is arguing that.
You can only claim what the left and the media are claiming about Robertson if you are lying, and it is just a fact that through the act of omission (the quote above) and commission, the media are lying.
Here's the GQ article.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Gives Drew Magary a Tour

Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
When asked what he thought was 'sinful', he doesn't say anything about child sex abuse, murder, rape, greed, war etc... he goes straight for gay and lesbian people. That tells you something about his 'perspective'.
You are super confused. Child abuse/murder/rape is a crime EVERYWHERE that has laws against it (in civilized societies). No need to talk about what is OBVIOUS. Greed? I don't know why he didn't include that, maybe he did. But the liberal bent "interviewer" left it out. Like he left out every question he asked Robertson. And by the way? Greed isn't exactly a "hot topic" among bible thumpers, it's a hot topic among the 99% who don't wanna.

Quote:
He is just using 'religion' as an excuse to express the ignorance and prejudice towards gay people that he grew up with and never left behind. After watching a few of his 'sermons', I also think he gets a bit of a thrill because he has an excuse to talk about sex.
His religion isn't an "excuse", it's what he believes in.

Did you MISS where he said that he doesn't care what anyone does, it's up to them, but HIS belief is what he SAID it was.

No one said you had to like it. No one said anyone has to love homosexuals or gay marriage, the DIFFERENCE is, if you don't, liberals assume: you're an idiot.

So much for the right to think and believe and feel how one wants to - if it doesn't FIT the liberal agenda.

Can't have it both ways.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:42 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No he isn't. If you don't like him don't watch the show, stop trying to spout lies about people.
This has nothing to do with liking him or not. This man is a racist, no lie there. My dad was a racist too. You have to call it like you see it otherwise it's just denial. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-21-2013 at 10:55 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 10:44 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You are super confused. Child abuse/murder/rape is a crime EVERYWHERE that has laws against it (in civilized societies). No need to talk about what is OBVIOUS. Greed? I don't know why he didn't include that, maybe he did. But the liberal bent "interviewer" left it out. Like he left out every question he asked Robertson. And by the way? Greed isn't exactly a "hot topic" among bible thumpers, it's a hot topic among the 99% who don't wanna.

His religion isn't an "excuse", it's what he believes in.

Did you MISS where he said that he doesn't care what anyone does, it's up to them, but HIS belief is what he SAID it was.

No one said you had to like it. No one said anyone has to love homosexuals or gay marriage, the DIFFERENCE is, if you don't, liberals assume: you're an idiot.

So much for the right to think and believe and feel how one wants to - if it doesn't FIT the liberal agenda.

Can't have it both ways.
He can say whatever he likes. You seem to think no one should be allowed to express their criticism of what he says.

Can't have it one way.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The source is his 2010 sermon floating all over youtube [MOD CUT]

And if you have to have the unabridged quote, here it is (I'll underline what I removed)

"Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That's what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country. So what are you gonna do Pennsylvania? Just run with them? You're going to die. Don't forget that."
Where's your source?

Sermon? To a bunch of hunters?

Don't bother.

I've seen the 5-8 short cuts of the "video".

Why wasn't it a full video?

Had to hide something to make Phil look like he was saying something he didn't?

And who cares?

He a guy on a REALITY TV SHOW!!!!

Reverend Wright can say what he wants to and the dude who sat in his pew on many a Sunday is running the joint.

Pick your battles a little more wisely.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-22-2013 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 12-21-2013, 10:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This has nothing to do with liking him or not. This man is a racist, no lie there. My dad was a racist too. You have to call it like you see it otherwise it's just denial. [MOD CUT/off topic]
He's not a racist and your family problems have nothing to do with this thread.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
Post News, Cracker Barrel pulls 'Duck Dynasty' merchandise.

Cracker Barrel said it pulled some Duck Dynasty merchandise from its stores over concerns it might offend guests, a move that infuriated thousands of customers and confused many others.

"We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation," Cracker Barrel said in a statement posted on its Facebook page.

Cracker Barrel pulls 'Duck Dynasty' merchandise | Fox News

Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It has nothing to do with "liking him" or not.

He's just NOT a racist.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Where's your source?
My source is a recording of him saying it. I can't think of a better source.

(you can watch it here - https://www.city-data.com/forum/32687868-post178.html )

Quote:
And who cares?
As a gay person, I care when people spread such vicious, hateful lies about gay people. It's harmful, especially when it reaches the ears of gay kids.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM

351 posts, read 370,266 times
I have never read or seen anything racist by the Robertson's family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies