Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And how many people had money after the crash? Answer - hardly anyone.
75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck..even those making good money.
DEBT is strangling America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,742,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yet more insults because you can't make an intelligent case.

Yes, in an existing homes both the seller and the buyer are members of the general public and are therefore CONSUMERS. And there are still 6.4 million American homeowners underwater - which is FAR fewer than there used to be (thank goodness) - and YES those homeowners WANT prices to RISE - often today that's the case EVEN IF THEY INTEND TO BUY ANOTHER HOME - for the simple reason that many sellers today are babyboomers who no longer need a large home and looking for a smaller, less expensive home that's easier to heat/clean/maintain, but in order to do that they first need to be able to GET OUT FROM UNDER the home the currently own - and if they are underwater that means they want prices to RISE. NO ONE likes to lose money when they sell their home - NO ONE (even if they plan to buy another home).

Furthermore, it's clearly not good for the overall economy for prices to be sky-high, but's also not good for prices to be so low that builders can't make money (which was the case back in 2008/2009). If builders can't make money they don't build which means they don't hire and if they don't hire, workers don't have jobs. It's not that complicated a concept. "Free market" boosters like yourself should understand that.

And, gee I didn't know that money was "free" - and to think I was paying INTEREST on my mortgage all those years when I could have just had that money for "free".

Since money is "free" we should all be ROLLING IN DOUGH.

Ken
Another joke of a post. The smart thing to do is look up the free money concept and then comment. I'm not saying you will I'm saying it's the smart thing to do.
And again the seller is a producer not a consumer. Quit making things up in order to fit your twisted agenda.
Builders didn't make money in 08-09 because consumers didn't have money to spend. Lending institutions tightened their restrictions.

Again the housing bubble wasn't free market.
You're so uninformed yet you continue to post. It's like listening to the Cubs organization on how to win the World Series.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If they had money to stock up on guns and ammo, then they had money, they just chose to spend it on the wrong things.
But they didn't have the cash so whatever the reason why say they did?

Quote:
Not everyone has cash reserves, but many do. Besides, not everyone got laid off, so many were able to invest a part of their pay checks.
Incorrect not many have cash reserves. You're uninformed. Do a google search on how much the average Americans saves.
The era where Americans saved the most in the last 75 years was during WW2 since the economy was so bad we had no choice but to save. Not much of value to purchase.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck..even those making good money.
DEBT is strangling America.
Agreed. And some of the posters here claim otherwise. The arrogance, ignorance combo strikes again.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:19 PM

76,947 posts, read 47,255,988 times
Quote:
Incorrect not many have cash reserves. You're uninformed. Do a google search on how much the average Americans save.
Many have cash reserves. I don't have to google it. If HappyTexan is correct, 25% of Americans have them, and that is about 75 MILLION. Of course some of those 75M are are children etc, but we are talking many people who had money socked away. You may not have savings, but it does not mean no one does.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
But they didn't have the cash so whatever the reason why say they did?
It's nice of you to speak for everyone, but you need to realize your arguments are 100% void of logic. Use your brain. If everyone lied about having money to buy guns, then how did gun sales go through the roof? Many people bought them. Many people had money. Likewise, many people had money to buy stocks.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-31-2014 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
It's nice of you to speak for everyone, but you need to realize your arguments are 100% void of logic. Use your braing. If everyone lied about having money to buy guns, then how did gun sales go through the roof? Someone bought them.
Because the amount of money used to buy a gun is a large investment? LMAO What other idiotic notion are you going to come up with next. Lets see if I didn't purchase that gun I could have bought stock and doubled my money. So I'd have 500 dollars instead of 250 . Hip Hip hurray I'm rich and can retire now.
Your posts are a disgrace.

Quote:
Use your brain, and drop the fake anger and insults. No one is buying it.
LMAO you're first sentence said "It's nice of you to speak for everyone," But it's okay for you to do it.
You're post is full of hypocracy.
The more you post the more you out yourself. Keep posting.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Many have cash reserves. I don't have to google it. If HappyTexan is correct, 25% of Americans have them, and that is about 75 MILLION. Of course some of those 75M are are children etc, but we are talking many people who had money socked away. You may not have savings, but it does not mean no one does.
No not many.

Let me do your legwork for you since you won't because it would espose your post as a huge fraud.

The median retirement savings amount for those 25 to 34 is $0. That is right, the majority of young Americans don’t even have a penny saved to their name.

The epic crisis in retirement savings: Vast majority of Americans unprepared for retirement. Median retirement savings for those 25 to 34? Zero dollars.

Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough
Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough (Page 2 of 3)

Average American family savings account balance $3,800
Percent of working Americans who are not saving for retirement 40 %
Percent of American families who have no savings at all 25 %

American Family Financial Statistics | Statistic Brain

Oh I know what happened to their money, they were spending it all on guns. LMAO
Next

Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Because the amount of money used to buy a gun is a large investment? LMAO What other idiotic notion are you going to come up with next. Lets see if I didn't purchase that gun I could have bought stock and doubled my money. So I'd have 500 dollars instead of 250 . Hip Hip hurray I'm rich and can retire now.Your posts are a disgrace.
See what I mean about fake anger, insults and lack of logic, and now we can add weak straw man arguments to the list.

Someone bought those guns, someone bought those stocks, someone bought those iPhones. Yes, many people are still buying stuff, no matter how loud you scream it is not happening.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
See what I mean about fake anger, insults and lack of logic, and now we can add weak straw man arguments to the list.
Straw man????? You don't even know what that means. here let me, yet again, do your legwork for you
"when one side attacks a position―the "straw man"―not held by the other side, then acts as though the other side's position has been refuted."

I'm embarrassed for you.

Quote:
Someone bought those guns, someone bought those stocks, someone bought those iPhones. Yes, many people are still buying stuff, no matter how loud you scream it is not happening.
Your posts are the ones shrieking like a hysterical madman, not mine.
Again
refute this

The median retirement savings amount for those 25 to 34 is $0. That is right, the majority of young Americans don’t even have a penny saved to their name.

The epic crisis in retirement savings: Vast majority of Americans unprepared for retirement. Median retirement savings for those 25 to 34? Zero dollars.

Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough
Two-thirds of Americans don't save enough (Page 2 of 3)

Average American family savings account balance $3,800
Percent of working Americans who are not saving for retirement 40 %
Percent of American families who have no savings at all 25 %

American Family Financial Statistics | Statistic Brain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies