Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
And boys are handsome and strong and smell nice. Your point? We simply have different orientations. The difference, I have no problem with yours.
Boys simply can't compete as far as scent and beauty. No contest!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:41 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I'm heterosexual and I feel obligated to inform you that "scent and beauty" are subjective.

To you, there's no contest between who is more attractive between men and women. I respect that.

I also respect that to others, there's no contest between men and women because they will be attracted to whatever their sex they happen to be, male or female.

Do I feel that you're trying too hard to affirm your heterosexuality while at the same time demonizing those who aren't straight? Yes I do; however, I still respect your opinion and hope that one day you can come to accept that others don't view the world like you do.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:58 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
It looks like someone is trying just a little too hard to convince others....lol

Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Marriage equality neither changes the definition of marriage nor does it negate your opinion about it. It's a legal issue, and we're only trying to be included in what straight people already have.
You already have the same rights as anyone else.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Great news! Another victory for people who believe in freedom in this country!

Congratulations New Mexico!
Yup! Another state steps out of the Dark Ages.

We should remember these facts:

There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage or be disgusted or offended by homosexuality that doesn't arise from hate, fear, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things,

Not one.

To preclude consensual, adult couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A same sex couple cannot marry in 33 states of the Union. How is that having the same rights as everyone else?

Sorry, but no dice on that.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:37 PM

723 posts, read 633,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

To you, yes. I don't want to have sex with either of those women, because that's gross. But I support your right to heterosexual marriage!

See how easy that is?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:38 PM

723 posts, read 633,918 times
Quote:
And where marriage equality is legal, so do you.

However, you can marry the person of your choosing nationwide. I cannot.

This argument was also defeated 40 years ago when it was used to justify banning interracial marriage. It's just as ridiculous now as it was then.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:43 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times
An open letter to everyone opposed to Same Sex Marriage on City-Data Poli forum:

Dear You,

Why do you waste your time?

This thread, like the 16 before it and the 33 yet to come, is all about celebrating the inevitable. The progress of American society. The march towards actual freedom for all. The journey towards equality.

I'm not asking you to do like it, I'd advise you to accept it but really that's up to you. It's your life and if you choose to spend it worrying so much about what other people are doing then so be it. Sadly, life will pass you by and one day you'll probably find yourself looking back on all the years you spent concerning yourselves with your neighbor as opposed to just living and enjoying your own life. I hope that does not happen, because regret is a terrible thing, but I believe for many of you it will.

When I ask "Why waste your time?" I'm asking simply why do you take the time to interrupt a thread of congratulations to spew out the same rhetoric and force the same discussions that exist on many other threads?

Honestly, I probably already answered my question, you choose to live your lives concerning yourself so greatly with other people, so when you see something like this and see people celebrating it you feel the need to interject.

And yes, this is a forum and everyone ******* and whines about something in every single thread, but like I said, this is the 17th thread on this subject and there will be 33 more, the only difference is the name of the state in the title. You can join several other threads on the subject of Same Sex Marriage, or hell, start your own.

But please sincerely answer the question, what is the point of interjecting your opinion here? Do you really think that you should have the right to dictate how people live their lives? And if the answer to that is yes, then do you really believe that by typing in hateful words on a thread of celebration that you are going to change anyone's life? And if the answer to that is yes, then you should get your head checked. But if the answer to that is no, which I suspect it is, then ask yourself why are you doing it? Is it just because you're really that bored and/or spiteful?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:46 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times
Quote:
Ah, so you admit that it is about forced acceptance, and not "civil rights".

At least you are honest.
Yep. By force is fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies