Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I think you are missing the point. If two men cannot create a baby together, then their "relationship" is not natural.
So an elderly couple who marry after child bearing age and a couple who can not bear children aren't in a natural "relationship" either?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
In our system of government, the people in black robes saying so is exactly what makes it true.
Wrong, in our system of government, citizens decide what is true

American citizens ratified the U.S. Constitution and it is part of the job of the judiciary to rule according to the will of those citizens, not to rewrite it.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:14 PM

723 posts, read 634,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wrong, in our system of government, citizens decide what is true

American citizens ratified the U.S. Constitution and it is part of the job of the judiciary to rule according to the will of those citizens, not to rewrite it.
That's just it. If laws are found to be unconstitutional, they're overruled by the judiciary, whether citizens agree or not. That's how our system of government works.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
That's just it. If laws are found to be unconstitutional, they're overruled by the judiciary, whether citizens agree or not. That's how our system of government works.
Do you believe that judges or justices are infallible?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM

723 posts, read 634,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Do you believe that judges or justices are infallible?
No, I believe they interpret the Constitution to rule on the law. That is their job.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Most Americans agree with the constitution. They believe it sets up a good standard of life for everyone, and I agree. If its unconstitutional, it contradicts that standard we like, does it not? So when we make it clear that EVERYONE is equal, why were so many upset when suddenly black people could vote or just be free?

I see no difference in gay marriage. A bizarre misguided opinion on a group of people has led people to think that certain rights don't belong to them. It's hypocritical and rather amusing if I'm going to be honest. If you don't like gay people, who cares. You have your rights, and so do they. I see nothing wrong with that, it actually seems pretty fair. So the real question is how is it not fair? I challenge someone to actually answer that.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Not to me, Marriage: The Two shall be made One.

It is the worldly equivalent of being One with God in the flesh. A symbol of transforming from earthly to spiritual.

It is a Spiritual happening when done properly. It was designed by the Author of Life.

Who are you to redefine. What the Author has done..
Sorry, legal marriage has nothing to do with god or religion. You cannot prove that any god exists, no one can.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Take religion out of it.

The Creator is not religious, He just IS.

Man made religion.
You are correct in that man made religion, man also created the illusion of god. But there is no proof of a god, just blind obedient faith.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Congratulations to New Mexico!

I'm always happy to change my "status" whenever another state does what is right and fair.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I think that your community has been asked to call it something different.

One of the biggest issues i have with the Gay community, is the constant take over of language to suit an agenda...

Gay use to mean Happy
Rainbows were a promise from the Creator to not destroy the earth by flood
f-a-g were cigarettes in England
Q-u-e-e-r was something odd.

I don't spell this out to be disrespectful, but come on... give it a rest.
What makes you thing we chose those words? I find them all demeaning to homosexual people, same as I see the n word or other words for various minorities. And why should we call our unions anything other than marriage? The church does not own the word. Athiests or anyone married in the court without any mention of god still call their unions marriage. The concerns here in this thread are about secular unions recognized legally, not church weddings which have no legal standing. Do you have only a church wedding/marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies