Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 02:31 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
"God has no place in our lives"-hammertime33

sounds like a decree.
And now your lying about what I said (and you even have the nerve to represent it as a direct quote). I never said "god has no place in our lives."

I said your god - nor Muhammad's god, nor Abe Silverstein's god, nor Aksapada Gautama's 1000 gods - have a place in our laws.

You can put as much god in your life as you want. That's your right, and to the extent you do, I could care less.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 PM

904 posts, read 687,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
We agree on the gov't thing. Which is why my 3 requirements ought to be the cornerstone of marriage from here on out. As for the cat thing, you're talking to the wrong person about that. Tell that to Harrier, he wants to marry his cat.
Apparently that brings some degree of comfort to him....

Gov't loves to stick it's nose into everyone's business, and it's time they lose 99% of their corrupt influence.

It will come from a bloody revolution, but that is the price one pays for apathy and unbridled lust for power.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are sadly mistaken. God is very real as you will someday learn.
What if it's a Hindu God who meets you post-mortem, and man, is he ever pizzed that you ate beef!!
I'd pay to see that.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And now your lying about what I said (and you even have the nerve to represent it as a direct quote). I never said "god has no place in our lives."

I said your god - nor Muhammad's god, nor Abe Silverstein's god, nor Aksapada Gautama's 1000 gods - have a place in our laws.

You can put as much god in your life as you want. That's your right, and to the extent you do, I could care less.
Now your putting words in your own mouth.... i don't recall you saying anything about Muhammad or Abe Silverstein or Gutama.. who ever the fook he is.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:33 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So you are admitting you are a liar. You are breaking one of the "Ten Commandments"
All of us have sinned. That is not a remarkable revelation. To take your side of the argument for a moment, homosexuality is no greater a sin than lying. God hates all sins.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
That which doesn't exist has no place in my life.

Deal with it.
You have a strange definition of existence ....

Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:
All of us have sinned. That is not a remarkable revelation. To take your side of the argument for a moment, homosexuality is no greater a sin than lying. God hates all sins.
I don't know about you, but I've never sinned once in my whole life. Really, I haven't. It wasn't even that hard, either. Just by existing, I am already not sinning. See how easy that is?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Jefferson wrote that in a private letter to a friend and it has zero standing in our law.
My point still stands. Freedom applies to everyone, not just Christians. Trying to make a law based on Biblical philosophy is not much better than establishing a national religion. It's still making national law on the basis of a religious belief, which can violate peoples freedom of religion, which this violation is something you have worked hard to not address.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Now your putting words in your own mouth.... i don't recall you saying anything about Muhammad or Abe Silverstein or Gutama.. who ever the fook he is.
I think it was pretty well implicit that I wasn't simply talking about your imaginary friend, but all imaginary friends.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact you fabricated a quote espousing an idea I don't believe in and claimed I said it. Doesn't your imaginary friend frown upon lies and deceit?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:38 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
He is referring to Gautama Bhudda, the founder of Bhuddism. Bhuddists are opposed to homosexuality too. So are Christians and Moslems and Hindus and Jews and Zoroastrians and Jains and Shintos and Confucianists and Bahaiists and Bao Daists and every other major world religion with the possible exception of Satanists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies