Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:42 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,862,358 times

Advertisements

The state elected Terry McAuliffe, among the most unethical and slimy Democrats in politics today.

Thankfully, the good Commonwealth had enough sense to elect 67 Republicans to the 100-member House of Delegates so he will essentially accomplish nothing. I was fearful of the state losing its triple A credit rating (as we've seen our Federal Government lose its own top credit rating under a Democrat president), its place as one of the best states to do business and a great place to live, but thankfully, his agenda will be dead on arrival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 04:12 PM

525 posts, read 506,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The state elected Terry McAuliffe, among the most unethical and slimy Democrats in politics today.

Thankfully, the good Commonwealth had enough sense to elect 67 Republicans to the 100-member House of Delegates so he will essentially accomplish nothing. I was fearful of the state losing its triple A credit rating (as we've seen our Federal Government lose its own top credit rating under a Democrat president), its place as one of the best states to do business and a great place to live, but thankfully, his agenda will be dead on arrival.
Even as someone leaning left, I can't stand McAuliffe.

VA had no good options, IMO.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:15 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,225,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post

yup. this. so much this.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,445,199 times
I guess gone are the days when politicians worked togethor to govern, and are instead pushed by wingnuts to fight like caged animals while things fall apart around our heads.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:38 PM

7,920 posts, read 5,728,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I guess gone are the days when politicians worked togethor to govern, and are instead pushed by wingnuts to fight like caged animals while things fall apart around our heads.
The president is a great example of a politician who works well with others.

Oh, wait.....

Old 12-19-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post

Agreed.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Just one of the many reasons I was more than happy to get out of Virginia. I may have grown up there, but no one can force me to stay there. I haven't been back there since I left and only plan on making a trip there this spring to show my wife where I grew up and take her to some historical things because that is the only good thing that state has going for it.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just one of the many reasons I was more than happy to get out of Virginia. I may have grown up there, but no one can force me to stay there. I haven't been back there since I left and only plan on making a trip there this spring to show my wife where I grew up and take her to some historical things because that is the only good thing that state has going for it.
I believe the feeling was mutual.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I believe the feeling was mutual.
Works for me, I will be just as happy when you move out of Oregon (which is a lie, I don't know you, nor do I care.)

Old 12-19-2013, 05:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,215,140 times
Having lived in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area for 17 years (though I no longer live there), I can tell you that Virginia has a limited choice in good options when it comes to politicians.

It's an okay place to live and I make it a point to visit my friends every year, but I'm glad I moved out of that state. There's so much more to see in the CONUS (Continental United States) and a lot more culture to experience elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies