Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is there anything defensible in this law other than the pre-existing condition provision? I've yet to find anything and, apparently, the Administration hasn't either.
Of course there is.. Men can now get prenatal care and you cant be kicked off your insurance policy plan that you cant afford..

Dont worry though, there are projections it will add a trillion dollars to the federal governments pocket, so who gives a ****.. yep, Democrats actually argued this is a valid reason to screw the public..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 08:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I'm a little puzzled here, isn't the ACA law? Wasn't it signed into law by Obama? If it is a law then how can the President decide who gets to follow the law and who doesn't? Isn't this left up to congress to change or readdress laws. So now we have a President that gets to change a law at the stroke of a pen and only when it benefits him politically. I think the constitution says otherwise, but then again, when has Obama or the leftist party recognized the Constitution.
This is the "new" America.
Pelosi has repeated said this law is "flexible" (unless a Republican proposes a change).

Congress has done nothing to stop these waivers/exemptions/changes coming from HHS/WH.
The law of the land be damned because this is THEIR law that isn't working out the way they envisioned.

Then again no government program ever works out the way they envisioned.

We are past the point of no return here and the Treasury will just have to borrow to pay the cost.
And Congress will have to raise the debt ceiling come Feb and our deficit spending will just grow more.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Seems Ted Cruz was right. Obama was too stupid to take the life line and delay it for a year. Now since we had to pass it to know what was in it, how is it even legal for Obama to change the law.
I can't quote from the law itself, but it probably gives Obama, through executive agencies, the power to do practically anything by regulation or administrative rules. If someone does a word-text search of the 2,400 pages, I'd bet 'adopted by regulation' shows up more than any others. It's a problem with Congress, delegating too much power to agencies.

The only surprise in this most recent partial repeal of Ocare by Obama is the timing; I figured he'd do it on Christmas Eve.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp
I have never seen such a F ed up fiasco, ever.
Screw him and his stupid attempts TO CONTROL EVERYONE!!!!!!

He just wont give up trying to get this crap started!!

Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Obama is flying by the Seat of the Pants rule -- exempt this, exempt that, delay this, delay that, waive this, waive that. All of it based on Politics (HIS) and none of it based on the Law that he claimed could not be touched because it is the Law of the Land. Thou shall not touch the Law of the Land …. apparently only our King may do that as his Royal Whim.

None of these last minute "fixes" have "fixed" anything - the Insurance Market is in chaos, because the Obama Team is in chaos. ABC News and The Hill are both reporting today on the Security Risks to the Web-site. This entire thing is predicated on the HealthCare.gov website actually working - even paper or phone applications MUST go through the Web portal at some point. Obama can't "exempt" the web portal, he can't even get it working properly.

Exclusive: Security Risks Seen at HealthCare.gov Ahead of Sign-Up Deadline - ABC News, 12/20/13

This is now the 14th "decree" that is against the Law of the Land called ObamaCare - outside of Congress. We've had other Presidents that would occasionally do this type of thing - but I don't recall any that actually campaigned on "I will go outside of Congress" and do what I want. The Courts say that Congress doesn't have "standing" to stop Obama from doing this stuff - it's a sure bet that our Justice Department and Attorney General are Obama's co-conspirators.

When the rule of Law, and the Laws that Congress passes are ignored - how much longer can our system last? Poll after Poll show that people no longer trust Washington D.C. and Big Government.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Obama should have listened to Ted Cruz. Instead he acted like a child. He and Democrats used extreme language to demonize Republicans coming from the highest levels of the Democratic Party and turned public it into schoolyard taunts:

Terrorist (Al Gore)
Insane People Who “Have Lost their Minds” (Harry Reid)
Unhinged, Arsonists (Wasserman-Schultz)
Extortionists and hostage-takers Sen. - Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)
People with a Bomb Strapped to their Chest” (aka Terrorists)(Dan Pfeiffer)
Blatant Extortionists (Jay Carney)
Legislative Arsonists” (Nancy Pelosi)
Squealing political pigs (Dick Durbin - D)
Murderers (Angus King - I Maine)
Russian roulette” with loaded chambers - House Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer
A form of economic terrorism - Obama administration economist Steven Rattner

“I imagine these tea party guys are like strapped with dynamite standing in the middle of Times Square at rush hour and saying, ‘Either you do it my way, or we are going to blow you up, ourselves up and the whole country up with us,’ ” Mr. Rattner said.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
lol. Are the plans more 'bare bones' than the bronze ones with $12K deductibles and high copays?

Obamacare is a clown car.
According to this article the catastrophic plans are actually not much cheaper than the bronze plans.

Utter Chaos: White House Exempts Millions From Obamacare's Insurance Mandate, 'Unaffordable' Exchanges - Forbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes
The upshot of all this is that the catastrophic plans aren’t that much cheaper than the regular Obamacare plans. In California, for example, the median cost of a pre-Obamacare plan on eHealthInsurance.com, for a 25-year-old male non-smoker, was $92. The Obamacare bronze plans cost an average of $205 a month. The Obamacare catastrophic plans? $184. In some parts of the country, the catastrophic plans are actually more expensive than the bronze plans.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
According to this article the catastrophic plans are actually not much cheaper than the bronze plans.

Utter Chaos: White House Exempts Millions From Obamacare's Insurance Mandate, 'Unaffordable' Exchanges - Forbes
Obamacare is nothing more than high deductible plans.

Their deductibles are higher than my high deductible plan that I have.

It's a joke really.
The only thing affordable about it is the subsidized premiums.

This will come back to bite them.

I am now finally getting bills for my son's broken hand (Sept).
One bill was around $250 and just got another one for around $350.
This is my high deductible plan which is less high then Obamacare plans.

If people cannot afford $300/month in premiums how the heck are they going to pay the out of pocket when the bills start rolling in ?

Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Misguided narrative from the Right continues

One thing that we know for sure: Republicans can do no better.

I applaud the President and his effort here in addressing a major health care crisis, one that Republicans ignored when Bush was in office. While Pubs continue to try to do all they can to make it fail and deceive others into thinking it's bad, the program continues to improve. Glitches are expected.

The hole is in the GOP's chances of becoming relevant again given the changing demographics.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:01 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Of course there is.. Men can now get prenatal care and you cant be kicked off your insurance policy plan that you cant afford..

Dont worry though, there are projections it will add a trillion dollars to the federal governments pocket, so who gives a ****.. yep, Democrats actually argued this is a valid reason to screw the public..
.........and women can now have their prostates examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies