Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM

219 posts, read 566,306 times

Advertisements

who gives a **** seriously? Ukraine is one of those countries that people just don't give a **** about. I mean what is so special about you to the average person? Your millions upon millions of grey, rectangular, monotonous buildings? Your people who are just regular white, boring russians? your landscape, which is basically just one big ****ing plain? Your interesting history, which revolves around you guys just always kinda being there in the background but not doing anything? Your rich culture of wearing rags, eating canned soup around a garbage fire? When do you ever hear about ukraine? you don't, because there is nothing interesting about it whatsoever. I mean, if the entire slavic / russian world was a garden, ukraine would be that unkept corner with brown grass that no one gives a **** about. Also the garden itself would belong to a poorfag house. What I'm trying to say is you're the ******* of a large region, and the region itself is the ******* of the world. Why do you guys even bother with anything?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything it's just jesus christ why would anyone care about anything that happens over there?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
who gives a **** seriously? Ukraine is one of those countries that people just don't give a **** about. I mean what is so special about you to the average person? Your millions upon millions of grey, rectangular, monotonous buildings? Your people who are just regular white, boring russians? your landscape, which is basically just one big ****ing plain? Your interesting history, which revolves around you guys just always kinda being there in the background but not doing anything? Your rich culture of wearing rags, eating canned soup around a garbage fire? When do you ever hear about ukraine? you don't, because there is nothing interesting about it whatsoever. I mean, if the entire slavic / russian world was a garden, ukraine would be that unkept corner with brown grass that no one gives a **** about. Also the garden itself would belong to a poorfag house. What I'm trying to say is you're the ******* of a large region, and the region itself is the ******* of the world. Why do you guys even bother with anything?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything it's just jesus christ why would anyone care about anything that happens over there?
The Ukrainians probably do.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:

Much, if not most, of the natural gas that flows into European homes flows through Ukraine, the country has the largest military in Europe, and it's in a strategic location. Close to the Middle East, Africa, Iran, and has industry. As such, Russia really wants to maintain its sphere of influence on the country and to keep NATO at bay. Seriously, only some yeehaw from Flyover Country could be this ignorant

Old 12-19-2013, 11:50 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:

The Ukraine wasn't just a country in the background. It has been at the forefront of major conflicts throughout the 20th century.

This country actually has a rich and terribly saddening history. It finally has a chance to get away from Russia and the young people of the country are fighting hard to make that happen.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:33 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
"...I mean, if the entire slavic / russian world was a garden, ukraine would be that unkept corner with brown grass that no one gives a **** about."

The Ukraine is actually Russia's breadbasket. And the Russians give a serious **** about keeping it, no matter if it is now an independent nation or not.

Try looking at a map before you go off on your next rant. One glimpse at any map would have shown you the Ukraine is a vital access to the Black Sea and then to the Mediterranean, is the only area where oil can be easily pipelined into and out of Russia, and is a large independent state that is both blocking and thwarting Russian ambitions.

All those are only part of the reasons why there has been a 1,000 year struggle between the two nations for Ukrainian independence. The Ukrainian Cossacks have been either a target for Russian extinction or their most valued ally in turns for far longer than you seem to realize.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:18 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Sure you are. Someone not trying to be mean wouldn't post offensive crap like that.
You had every intention of being mean.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:20 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
I care. It is a beautiful country.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:35 AM

I care. I have family there.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 AM

42 posts, read 65,288 times
Vladimir Putin..

Old 12-20-2013, 02:40 AM

History of wearing rags and eating soup around a fire? I'd like to see the kind of haute couture the OP would wear having gone through wars, invasions and famines.
I wonder if he was ever so hungry that he ate the family dog. I wonder if he was ever so hungry that he would have eaten meat even if he suspected it was human, just to stay alive, because there wasn't anything else. Anywhere.
Yes, my people had to do that.
What a horrifically offensive and derogatory post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies