Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:38 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I found it interesting. Obama has such a high opinion of his father in the book he wrote but that's probably because he never knew him. I think he only met him once. It's probably for the best if the man was abusive.

It is ironic that Obama would have any regard for his father -- a statutory rapist (he was 23 and Obama's "mom" was 17 when lil' BO was conceived) who was married to another pregnant woman at the time. Senior spent his last years as an alcoholic before finally doing the family a favor by killing himself in a car accident. No wonder that Obama chose to lie -- amazing, I know -- about his father being the bravest warrior in a tribe full of warriors back in Kenya. Except, at the time, his father was already an alcoholic in his mid-30's, spiraling downard after a decade-long stint as a serial inseminator.

I read a quote from Obama that he literally knew his father for a month of his entire life. A month. I think the dysfunction that has defined Obama's early years -- all the way up to and including college -- is the source of a lot of his own problems. Some people can overcome their past and upbringing, some people cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Familial phenotypic trait?
The nut certainly doesn't fall far from the tree, and there were a LOT of nuts in that Obama family tree.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I found it interesting. Obama has such a high opinion of his father in the book he wrote but that's probably because he never knew him. I think he only met him once. It's probably for the best if the man was abusive.
What on earth do you mean by that?
How is it better for anyone to be abusive?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What on earth do you mean by that?
How is it better for anyone to be abusive?
I think Janelle was saying that it was probably for the best that President Obama had such limited exposure to his father, if his father was abusive.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What do you mean by abuse? You didn't write about what your subject was referring to.

I wonder how much of what his brother says is true. It could be all lies.

That's the beauty about writing a book about someone who is dead -- they aren't around to verify/dispute any of the story.

You're right -- it definitely could be all lies. Certainly there is a proud tradition of lying amongst the Obama men (Sr. said "I'm not married", Jr. said "If you like your plan, blah,blah..."). I won't read this book, but from what I've read in articles, Senior sounded like your typical alcoholic adulterer, so I guess anything is possible.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It is ironic that Obama would have any regard for his father -- a statutory rapist (he was 23 and Obama's "mom" was 17 when lil' BO was conceived) who was married to another pregnant woman at the time. Senior spent his last years as an alcoholic before finally doing the family a favor by killing himself in a car accident. No wonder that Obama chose to lie -- amazing, I know -- about his father being the bravest warrior in a tribe full of warriors back in Kenya. Except, at the time, his father was already an alcoholic in his mid-30's, spiraling downard after a decade-long stint as a serial inseminator.

I read a quote from Obama that he literally knew his father for a month of his entire life. A month. I think the dysfunction that has defined Obama's early years -- all the way up to and including college -- is the source of a lot of his own problems. Some people can overcome their past and upbringing, some people cannot.
Who was the pregnant woman Obama, Sr, was married to when President Obama was conceived?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Who was the pregnant woman Obama, Sr, was married to when President Obama was conceived?
His first wife -- Kezia-- back in Kenya. She was pregnant with child #2 at the time he was in Hawaii. Senior was in the US as part of some college program. He actually married Obama's mom while still married to Kezia. He lied -- -- and told Obama's mom that he was divorced from Kezia, a claim that she would discover later was a lie.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
His first wife -- Kezia-- back in Kenya. She was pregnant with child #2 at the time he was in Hawaii. Senior was in the US as part of some college program. He actually married Obama's mom while still married to Kezia. He lied -- -- and told Obama's mom that he was divorced from Kezia, a claim that she would discover later was a lie.
I thought child #2 was born in 1960. She couldn't have been pregnant when President Obama was conceived.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Didn't Obama depict Sr as some great warrior? Or was that a lie too?
Lol.....yes, that was a lie, too.

That was what Obama told his classmates in Hawaii. If he was 8, I might have cut him some slack. But this happened whe he was in late middle-school/early high school. He told his friends that his father was the fiercest warrior from a tribe full of warriors in Kenya.

Which would be kind of cool........except Sr. at the time was a few years into his "career" as an alcoholic, soon to be going that great distillery in the sky due to a drunk car crash at age 46.

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I thought child #2 was born in 1960. She couldn't have been pregnant when President Obama was conceived.
Obama was conceived in 1960, born in 1961.

Not sure what month child #2 was born in 1960, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies