Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 AM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times

Advertisements

This will be the next liberal goal in America after gay marriage and marijuana legalization are achieved.

As a compromise, though I am willing to let the liberal side pass legalized nationwide prostitution IF in exchange we can cease all discussion of illegal alien amnesty and spread Arizona and Alabama's illegal immigration laws nationwide. Illegal aliens are heavily involved in prostutition, child smuggling, and sex slavery btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 01:34 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Harrier stated that he supports legalization of prostitution.
Why so? You lack the sex appeal, charm and social skills to get sex for free from the women?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why so? You lack the sex appeal, charm and social skills to get sex for free from the women?
Where did he say he utilizes prostitutes? I think he said he supports legalization. I support it as well. Prostitution has been around forever and isn't going anywhere. As long as there are 2 sexes on the face of the earth, there will be prostitution. Criminalizing it is merely burdening our judicial system and eliminating a means of revenue for state, federal and local governments. You are not going to get rid of it. It has been tried since the dark ages and it's still here. Legalize it, tax it, and regulate it. Then make it more attractive to do it legally than to do it illegally.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This will be the next liberal goal in America after gay marriage and marijuana legalization are achieved.

As a compromise, though I am willing to let the liberal side pass legalized nationwide prostitution IF in exchange we can cease all discussion of illegal alien amnesty and spread Arizona and Alabama's illegal immigration laws nationwide. Illegal aliens are heavily involved in prostutition, child smuggling, and sex slavery btw.
Actually, it seems like liberals are the people most against legalizing prostitution - the most severe anti-prostitution in the US, New York's, was signed by then-governor Spitzer

And, you are correct about illegals in prostitution and sex slavery. The human trafficking issue is part and parcel of the illegal immigration issue. Part of the reason why prostitution is such a hot-button issue is because of how much it is related to illegal immigration.

If prostitution was legalized there'd be less illegal immigration, as more Americans would be willing to do those jobs again and working conditions would improve.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,262,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Expect the legalization of Marihuana in the near future.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Expect the legalization of Marihuana in the near future.

It would have to be legalized by one of the alphabet agencies, not the federal legislature. The US Constitution, does not give the government the authority to regulate pot, or prostitution.

That is why it is some alphabet agency that regulates tobacco and alcohol. Not congress.

The 4th branch of government that was created 100 years ago.... That is unconstitutional.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,979,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Good.

Laws restricting the free exchange of services from consenting adults do nothing but create black markets.

This is a smart move, IMO.
Correct. And those of us who understand this have been trying to explain this to the prohibitionists who troll the various threads on here about marijuana legalization, that the war on drugs is a failure. Unfortunately, you cannot legislate morality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sex has been around long before you and will be here long after you.
How much more social do you need to get than sex?

Even sex with your wife...... is not free!!!!
Boy, ain't that the truth! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This.

The first right of property is ownership of self and that value which the self can generate. If someone wants to sell the service of sex to others and both parties to the trade are doing so voluntarily, then it is absolutely a fine example of free, reasonable, fair trade. I find it repugnant personally, but the champion of liberty defends those liberties he finds repugnant as well as those with which he agrees.
I must spread more rep points around, so I couldn't rep you. But I'm absolutely with you on this one. It isn't my thing either, and I would never do it, but if someone is that desperate to pay a prostitute for sex, rock on! At least legalizing it may get rid of the sex slavery trade, as well as minors being involved in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

Marijuana became illegal under the watch of FDR, which was a Democrat. I wouldn't necessarily call support of marijuana a liberal stance. A lot of conservatives, support it as well. At least those who are fiscally conservative, and realize the war on drugs is a waste of money, and resources, and has done nothing to stop the flow of drugs into this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It would have to be legalized by one of the alphabet agencies, not the federal legislature. The US Constitution, does not give the government the authority to regulate pot, or prostitution.

That is why it is some alphabet agency that regulates tobacco and alcohol. Not congress.

The 4th branch of government that was created 100 years ago.... That is unconstitutional.

Yep.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 AM

25,680 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Why do so many of you assume that supporting the legalization of something implies support of the act itself?

It needn't. And that little difference is what sorts those who truly believe in liberty from those who do not.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,671,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm sure all the prostitutes will be squeaky clean too, because we can perform a reliable, 100% accurate, medical test on people and instantly see if they are free of any and all venereal diseases, *snap* just like that.

This aught to be an interesting case study.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm sure all the prostitutes will be squeaky clean too, because we can perform a reliable, 100% accurate, medical test on people and instantly see if they are free of any and all venereal diseases, *snap* just like that.

This aught to be an interesting case study.
What is in place now to assure any medical testing of prostitutes? Right now there is absolutely no control of prostitution. There is no revenue generated from it and it is connected to organized crime in many instances. The fact is, you will not eliminate or even control prostitution and any attempt to do so is an exercise in futility. It has been here for centuries and will still be here long after you and I are dead and buried. Why shouldn't the state and local governments be able to benefit from and regulate it. If you make it more attractive to be a legal prostitute and make it less advantageous to be an illegal prostitute, wouldn't that be a better means of control than we have now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies