Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Good news, if you're the type that likes prostitutes.
No, good news.....period.
Give them a safe place to work, with security,
Tax their earnings.
Eliminate the middle man; the abusive pimp.

Women will no longer have to drive off with strangers to God knows where, only to have their lifeless bodies later found in a ditch or on a pig farm, like that of Robert Pickton.
He admitted to killing 49 prostitutes, just one short of his goal of 50, and fed their bodies to his animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
"tax their earnings" meet the new pimp,same as the old pimp.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:57 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
"tax their earnings" meet the new pimp,same as the old pimp.
Yep.
My question is how do you tax it?
Income taxes and licensing fees on the hookers sure, but sales taxes too maybe?
If so, how do you prove how much money changed hands if it's "all forms"?
Demand paymet by credit card so charges can be verified (as well as the Johns identity)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalizing it but it seems the issue of taxing it, which is after all the real reason behind legalization, will be problematic at best.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think one has to look a bit deeper. Legalizing prostitution might give people the wrong idea that it is morally ok, which in my view and not just in my view it is not. So, morals and values are victims.

Why do people prostitute themselves in the first place? Usually because they need money. That is where society should start tackling that problem. It is an economic problem.

Not to mention that prostitution is linked to other crimes such as human trafficking, sex slavery, violent crimes, and other problems such as STD's. Those things won't go away by legalizing it.

On a personal level I must say that I find women that prostitute themselves filthy and stained. It's like crossing a line without return. Like with lying, once a liar, always a liar. I could never have a relationship with such a person as I would never trust her.
well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No, good news.....period.
Give them a safe place to work, with security,
Tax their earnings.
Eliminate the middle man; the abusive pimp.

Women will no longer have to drive off with strangers to God knows where, only to have their lifeless bodies later found in a ditch or on a pig farm, like that of Robert Pickton.
He admitted to killing 49 prostitutes, just one short of his goal of 50, and fed their bodies to his animals.
you make it sound so simple, but the reality is that it wont be. lets say that you make prostitution legal in this country, now you have the government involved in regulating it, and that sounds good on the surface, but what happens to the girls that dont meet the regulations and then are not allowed to work in the legal bordellos? the answer is that they go back out on the streets and practice their trade illegally as before. what do you do with those people?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
well no s*$*t sherlock! So have STD's!!!!

It has been proven over & over again, governments will never be able to legislate morals, no matter how hard they try with Progressive controlling policies.

Even the bible indicates, "it is better to leave it in a wh*re, than to throw it on the floor" when talking about men and masturbation.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,634 times
I am in agreement with all the other posters who are in favor of removing this ban. It should not be a crime to exchange sex between consenting adults. People need to get off on their high horses and stop being so judgmental of others.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said

you make it sound so simple, but the reality is that it wont be. lets say that you make prostitution legal in this country, now you have the government involved in regulating it, and that sounds good on the surface, but what happens to the girls that dont meet the regulations and then are not allowed to work in the legal bordellos? the answer is that they go back out on the streets and practice their trade illegally as before. what do you do with those people?
The old way hasn't worked out in any of the categories you choose to look at whether it be the safety of parties involved, morality or health so perhaps it's time to remove the stigma and punishment aspect that merely serves to drive it into the shadows and regulate it instead.

You sure as hell are not going to stop it or change the moral imperatives of the people resorting to it.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Why would someone utilize a black market provider if they don't have to?
How many back alley abortions occur?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
2 words...

ROAD TRIP!

Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
2 words...

ROAD TRIP!

LOL!!

I'm jealous, you don't have as far to drive as I do.
You could move there and start a legal male gigolo establishment for those lonely horny house wives... You know who you are! Don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies