Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 10:17 AM

904 posts, read 687,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
............can the rest of the states be far behind?

Gay couples wed in Utah after judge overturns ban | kgw.com Portland

Since appeals will be made to stop the process, I will withhold my congratulations (and changing my status line) for a little while - to see what happens over the next few days.

But I do believe the writing is on the wall for fairness and equality in our country!
And then the end will come.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It's already nationally legal. It's just that not everybody's figured it out

All that's needed is one state that approves homosexual marriage, and then everybody can drive down to that state for a weekend, and then return to their home state legally married, and their home state must honor that marriage whether the residents want to or not
That's not the case. See DOMA. While part of DOMA was struck down, that part was not.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
And then the end will come.
The end of discrimination?
Excellent!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Excellent!
No silly, the end of the world! All those other countries that legalized same-sex marriage don't count. As America is God's chosen country, the apocalypse can begin only after all fifty states have legalized same-sex marriage.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
All I want for christmas is government validation of my relationships lol

Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
No silly, the end of the world! All those other countries that legalized same-sex marriage don't count. As America is God's chosen country, the apocalypse can begin only after all fifty states have legalized same-sex marriage.
I wish the fundies would decide already if America is God's chosen land or the new Babylon. It gets confusing.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
Default Marriage Reciprocity??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It's already nationally legal. It's just that not everybody's figured it out

All that's needed is one state that approves homosexual marriage, and then everybody can drive down to that state for a weekend, and then return to their home state legally married, and their home state must honor that marriage whether the residents want to or not

Those opposed to legalizing homosexual marriage need to just give up. They only thing they can accomplish now us causing people to burn more gas on longer drives to their marriage destination. They might have accomplished something if they'd made it a national decision, but the moment someone decided to give the states the right to choose, national, legal homosexual marriage was inevietable
I don't believe there are any "Marriage Reciprocity Agreements" in force between the States!
I know that in cases of marriage between cousins, particularly first cousins, there are a wide variety of restrictions, and not every state will recognize the marriage even if it took place in a state which allows it! Yes, there ARE a few states where the marriage of first cousins is legal. Some have age limitations, though.
There are quite a few restrictions on just who can get married. Most people have no idea!
There are also limitations on who can get a divorce, as one homosexual couple found out. They got legally married, then decided that it just wasn't any good, and wanted a divorce. Then they discovered that there was NO proveision in the laws of their state for the dissolution of a same-sex marriage, so they could NOT legally file for or get a divorce!
That was doubly funny, in that they had been living together for decades, but once it was legally binding one or both could not hack it, and also in that they couldn't split the sheets because the law had no provision for it!
Yep, funny! I have been divorced twice, so I know a little about the situation.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 AM

904 posts, read 687,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Excellent!
The end of reason, will bring about the end of America. Which i'm sure is your goal.

Congratulations. Darkness has fulfilled it's purpose.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:38 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
The end of reason, will bring about the end of America. Which i'm sure is your goal.

Congratulations. Darkness has fulfilled it's purpose.
Of course, sweetie.
Allowing two people who use conditioner the right to marry will bring about the end of America!!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:40 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That's not the case. See DOMA. While part of DOMA was struck down, that part was not.
Ah. Never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.