Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 12:46 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,141,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier relies on common sense - not biased studies.
It must be nice to be able to automatically dismiss any study that doesn't agree with your worldview as being "biased". Your "common sense" is not necessarily sensible.

Quote:
Children need a mother and father in order to develop normally.
I am sorry, (actually, I'm not) but this simply is not true.

Quote:
Sadly, single parenthood abounds due to divorce, however, it should never be allowed for children to be willfully denied a mother and a father from the start, or to place an orphan in a same sex household, both of which are sub-optimal situations and borderline child abuse.
Explain how this is "child abuse". Did you know there have been studies that show children raised in same-sex households can often turn out better adjusted than children raised in opposite-sex households?

Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents | Gays, Lesbians & Same-Sex Marriage | Advantages of Gay Parenting & Gay Adoption | LiveScience

Quote:
Why do you support the destruction of our society?
This is what we call the "Loaded question" fallacy. It's no different than if I were to ask you something like "So, when did you stop beating your spouse?". I don't support the destruction of society, far from it. I support views and goals that increase (or at least have the potential to increase) human happiness, safety, and contentment, in accordance with the Golden Rule and the humanist manifesto, and my own inborn sense of empathy.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,935,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Did you have both a mother and a father?
I'm sorry they raised such a bigot. Raising bigots is bad parenting.
In that case you had bad parents.

Stop being a bigot.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I don't support the destruction of society, far from it.
You support gay marriage and homosexuals "raising" children, don't you?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:49 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,841,328 times
Quote:
Harrier participated in a skit about this very topic(in Spanish no less).

The gay army is attacking the fundamental building block of our society - the family.

When you demolish the foundation - the walls come tumbling down - just as did the walls of Jericho.

Why do you support the destruction of our society?
Attacking the building blocks of society - the family - by having families of their own?

Surely you do not believe the rubbish that you post.

14,917 posts, read 13,066,259 times
Quote:
Then why do you support the gay army doing exactly that?
The gay army does not want to force straight people to either have a gay marriage or no marriage at all. Yet you and your ilk want to force gay people to either have a straight marriage or no marriage at all.

See how your side is the one forcing things onto others, not our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I do not agree. I like many of the legal rights created and conferred by civil marriage contracts, and I would not like to see them go away.
Civil contracts are fine - government endorsed marriage is not.

1,261 posts, read 2,141,183 times
Quote:
You support gay marriage and homosexuals "raising" children, don't you?
Absolutely. What does this have to do with the destruction of society?

Lunar Delta wonders if Harrier realizes that society has not been destroyed in any of the states or other nations that have legalized same-sex marriage and same-sex adoption. The assertions Harrier is making are demonstrably false.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 12-23-2013 at 01:01 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 12:50 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,066,259 times
Quote:
Civil contracts are fine - government endorsed marriage is not.
But that's exactly what government marriage is - a civil contract.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The gay army does not want to force straight people to either have a gay marriage or no marriage at all. Yet you and your ilk want to force gay people to either have a straight marriage or no marriage at all.

See how your side is the one forcing things onto others, not our side.
Wrong, Harrier wants the government to get entirely out of the marriage business.

Why do you not support such a common sense proposal?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
But that's exactly what government marriage is - a civil contract.
Sanctioned and endorsed by the government, not just enforced by the courts, which is the only involvement government should have in private contracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies