Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have found it hilarious, yet predictable, that liberals have claimed that Obama is a "genius" (IQ over 140).

As we know, genetics are the main predictor of IQ. If Obama was as brilliant as the left claims, why-

1. are not his parents noted to have "genius" IQs?

2. was he a self proclaimed "poor student"?

3. has he refused to release his academic transcripts, if they in fact reveal a "straight A" student?

4. did the faculty at the Univ of Chicago consider him "lazy and incompetent"?

Obama is an imbecile, as the factual data clearly shows.
Didn't you say you're some kind of physician? If you are, I'm really surprised you would say something like this. Surely you of all people, should understand that school performance is not a good indicator of a person's IQ? You never took any psychology or psychiatry classes? Child development?

My mother was never a student at all...never went to school a day in her life. The woman was absolutely brilliant and could speak eight languages, had keen problem-solving abilities, could sum up a situation in a nanosecond and could read people like nobody I have ever met.

Many kids on the autism spectrum disorder do extremely poorly in school but have genius level IQs.
How could you not know this, doctor?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:50 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
I don't know or care what Obama's IQ is but if the Republican candidates were actually smarter than Obama, they would have the election. Clearly it says more about the Republicans that they lost an election to an "imbecile".

Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Didn't you say you're some kind of physician? If you are, I'm really surprised you would say something like this. Surely you of all people, should understand that school performance is not a good indicator of a person's IQ? You never took any psychology or psychiatry classes? Child development?

My mother was never a student at all...never went to school a day in her life. The woman was absolutely brilliant and could speak eight languages, had keen problem-solving abilities, could sum up a situation in a nanosecond and could read people like nobody I have ever met.

Many kids on the autism spectrum disorder do extremely poorly in school but have genius level IQs.
How could you not know this, doctor?
Unfair comparison. Your mom is Russian, Obama is American (and a politician at that).

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where did anyone claim that. And who said that genetics are the main predictor of IQ, which I disagree with
The mother's IQ is the best predictor of a child's IQ.

IQ isn't just genetics, it's also got to do with an infant's mental stimulation and prenatal environment.

As far as stated IQs, that's all we have as far as president's IQs. Interesting that the same people who claimed Bush wasn't all that smart are now insisting that you must be high IQ to become president and win votes.

I'd have to see Obama work some calculus problems before I would believe he's all that smart.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:31 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ok...and???

meanwhile who else was on the 'Harvard law review'

ted cruz
eliot spitzer
Antonin scolia

meanwhile 2 of them are called the demon conservatives...with one being called a teahadist........and the other guy is just the typical democrat who uses taxpayer money to fund a callgirl
None of the people you mention are in any way imbeciles. You or I may not like them or agree with them, but none of those people has a low IQ.

In fact in terms of raw intelligence I think Ted Cruz is hands down the smartest Republican not only running for president, but that I have ever seen run for president, by a lot.

Last edited by Egbert; 12-21-2013 at 12:53 AM..

Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Man, you're like 5 years behind the curve. Liberals stopped spouting the Harvard Law Review **** a long time ago...... like once they realized that 25 years later someone so "smart" should have some other accomplishment to brag about. Once they realized he had nada... nothing... zilch.... they figured bragging about an Affirmative Action handout was about as fruitful as bragging about him being a Senator with no record. Many liberals seem to have learned when to lay off on bragging about nothingness........ you must not have gotten the memo.
The implication in the OP was the Obama is an imbecile, and simple put it would be impossible for an imbecile to get on Harvard law review. Basically no amount of affirmative action could get an imbecile onto Harvard law review. It just doesn't work that way as anyone who has been to an ABA accredited law school can tell you.

Simply put the fact that Obama was even on the Harvard law review is basically proof positive that he does not have the IQ of an imbecile. It is simple logic. Though it doesn't surprise me that some on the right cannot grasp this because often you will see the same people who are arguing Obama is an imbecile one day arguing that he is some kind of Communist mastermind the next day.

Last edited by Egbert; 12-21-2013 at 12:45 AM..

Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Obama thought there were 57 states.

Obama is more a puppet than any kind of mastermind.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:10 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Absolutely. Let's go back to talking about Bush's IQ. How many years did that go on?
Reagan was senile, Quayle was an idiot, Bush was stupid, Palin was an idiot - yes, liberals have no room whatsoever to complain about this sort of thing.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 AM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
The L.A. Times proclaimed that he has an "intellectual stammer".

Oh please, he's a garden variety moron/shyster. But what do I know, I'm not smart enough to have a stammer.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Ater four ****ing years the same ****. You people are worse that Chinese water torture. Don't you bore yourselves to death?
It's bushes fault you racist.

Personally, I think a bird $hit on a rock and the sun hatched him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies