Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:56 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times

Advertisements

Seven global warming alarmist setbacks in 2013 | The Daily Caller

Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm still not getting why the rightwing is so desperate to deny Global Warming in fact they're downright obsessive compulsive on the issue..,
if i read in a publication that scientists have discovered that the Earth is warming up or cooling down..So What?
You say "so what" but other people use it as a justification to push legislation to control people and stifle industry, expand government, increase taxes and pay off "green" campaign contributors like solyndra.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:16 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Yes, the "climate" IS "changing". It's called "weather". Look it up. Or let me help:

Let me google that for you

Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Because the left wing fanatics want to impose draconian energy policies on the middle class and poor.
You might want to list some of these draconian energy policies so i get a better understanding..
on a side note ,Since you are a staunch rightie when did you start giving a rats ass about the poor?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes, the "climate" IS "changing". It's called "weather". Look it up. Or let me help:

Let me google that for you
Clearly, you don't know the difference between climate and weather, but that's no surprise. Nothing permeates the bozone layer surrounding the deniers.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:27 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Specifically, that would be:
  • The EPA war on coal power plants in Tennessee;
  • Curtailing oil development on federal lands;
  • Wavering on the Keystone XL Pipeline project;
  • Mandated ethanol production increases dramatically increasing the price of beef, pork, and poultry;
  • Locking up 9.2 trillion cubic feet of coal in Utah; and
  • Imposing unconstitutional off-shore oil drilling moratoriums in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.
Just to specifically name a few. Liberal freaks have been doing everything in their power to increase the cost of energy on the poor and middle-class by limiting access.
America is undergoing an energy renaissance, with record exports and production of petroleum products. It's just that O&G is cheaper than coal with the improved technologies.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
For starters--Carbon tax

and our George Washington in the WH i cannot tell a lie..My plan makes electricity rates sky rocket!

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube
Really? A 1 minute and change long you tube video?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch
Specifically, that would be:
  • The EPA war on coal power plants in Tennessee;
  • Curtailing oil development on federal lands;
  • Wavering on the Keystone XL Pipeline project;
  • Mandated ethanol production increases dramatically increasing the price of beef, pork, and poultry;
  • Locking up 9.2 trillion cubic feet of coal in Utah; and
  • Imposing unconstitutional off-shore oil drilling moratoriums in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.
Just to specifically name a few. Liberal freaks have been doing everything in their power to increase the cost of energy on the poor and middle-class by limiting access
. What has any of that got to do with Global Warming?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:59 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
2013 Will Finish One Of The Ten Coldest Years In US History---Hey AL Gore Whats Going on Here?

At least one of the things going on here is the whiners' continuing inability to understand the meaning of 'global'.
Nah....the rest of the world doesn't count.

Years ago I saw a cartoon that had an American's perspective of the world. The united states was HUGE taking up most of the globe with all the other countries just taking up a small part. Of course our temperatures count more than because we're bigger.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:17 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
. What has any of that got to do with Global Warming?
Everything. Without your precious AGW scam liberal freaks would not be able to impose their dracronian energy policies that deprives the poor and middle-class from the energy they require.

The war against the poor and middle-class by the Democrats is only made possible by the deluded misconception that humans are entirely responsible for all climate and therefore must be controlled. AGW is the vehicle Democrats have been using to impose their fascism against the poor and middle-class in their insane attempts to utterly destroy the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies