Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 05:44 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Exactly my point Huckleberry that people like Sayid Linus can not comprehend.
i comprehend fine, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The simple, bottom line answer is "If you like the sticker you have, you can keep the sticker you have!"

Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I figured that the government moment mandates everybody put a government issued sticker on their home or business door.
Red sign: I have a gun and will shoot
Blue sign: i have no gun

The thieves can now just worry about a karate chop or eye gouge.
If this happened; will you now buy a gun. Or will you get the red sign even if you don't own a gun. But they would be mandatory jail time. You gotta be honest with your sign, so the thieves have fair chance.
advertising that you have a gun is tactically stupid, surprises me that many gun owners don't realize this simple basic fact.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:17 AM

37 posts, read 31,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
advertising that you have a gun is tactically stupid, surprises me that many gun owners don't realize this simple basic fact.
And how is that?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:05 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Then it would also follow that advertising that your house is alarmed by placement of the typical sign near the front door or decals on the windows is just as stupid.

I disagree in that placing notice acts as a deterrent. What thief is going to want to come in knowing there's an armed homeowner who has expressed that he/she is willing to kill to protect their home? If you believe that the gun inside may appeal to the thief as something to steal, I'd ask if the probability of him wanting it outweighs the risk of it being used on him, particularly if there's an alarm also present which would take away the element of surprise on his part?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:16 AM

Similar to having a sign.... is a theif going to break into the house where he clearly sees the owner carrying a gun, or is he going to break into the house with an owner where no gun is visible.

For the average citizen a sign that is also backed by its intention that gun is owned and will be used would be effective.

Now for the more adventurous and better trained how about no sign but a gun and the skills to efficiently use it. It can kill two birds with one stone, thugs would generally target these houses reducing the possibility of a less skilled sign bearing gun owner from being targeted and scumbags would be dealt with effectively by the better trained thus cleaning up the streets and keeping a certain population of well trained and practiced gunmen in the community.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
How about I leave the door open and sit on my couch with my Mossberg tactical shotgun and enjoy the fly being caught in the web.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:38 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
How about I leave the door open and sit on my couch with my Mossberg tactical shotgun and enjoy the fly being caught in the web.
Make sure you leave a 60" TV somewhere clearly visible through the open door.

Also leave them the impression you are a liberal. A "Jesus Stinks" sign in the front yard should do the trick.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
And I will sit across the street from my upstairs winow and pop him with my hk416 the instant he crossses the threshold .... cause im just that doggone neighborly

Old 12-22-2013, 06:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Maybe I'll amend my stickers to say "...however my pacifist gun-hating neighbor to the left has no guns and I promise to not use mine in any effort to protect his life or property since he does not approve of people owning or using firearms."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies