Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:49 PM

525 posts, read 508,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
In reflecting on this year, and every year since Obama was inaugurated, it is startling how opposed those on the Right are to his every move. Is it likely that EVERY single word he utters, every single action he takes, and every single idea he has, is wrong? No. The only explanation for the irrational opposition is that the GOP realizes that President Obama signifies the end of the GOP. It signifies that the President of the United States can no longer be elected by a white majority. It signifies that the country is moving away from the ideology of the Right. Throughout President Obama's two terms, he has demonstrated why this move is a vast improvement. He is smart, poised, dignified, and humble. He exudes class, integrity, resolve, and he is resolute when faced with adversity. He challenges others to approach the problems that plague this nation, in a high and noble fashion. Foreign nations respect and admire him. Our enemies fear him because they know that he stands for high principles. He reaches across the table to get stuff done, and invites opposing viewpoints. "Ideological purity does not get stuff done", he once stated. He is a President for ALL, not just the rich and privileged. He cares about the 47% that the GOP has utter disdain for.

President Obama has accomplished a great deal while in office. He has been an exceptional President thus far. His greatest achievement, by far, is that he, by his actions, words, ideas, and programs, represents the END of the GOP.
This is.....weird.

I get the whole, "pulling for your guy," thing but this letter is just awkward.

I feel like if this should be in the jacket of a dime-novel or something. I was just waiting to read something about sweat and thrusting thighs.

Aside from that...why would you want only one party? No politically thoughtful person should ever want this. While I wouldn't say I like Obama very much, I do tend to support more progressive ideas but still...one party rule is never ideal.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:56 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
If you think about most of that stuff it benefited the Tea Party- Miltiary Spending, Tricare, doubling VA, Medicare-Part D...whats not there that the Tea Party doesnt love. Oh they dont like the spending they just like the handouts.
Hey, borrego - you forgot to mention "mobility scooters" in this post.

Just trying to help!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
I don't see Obama having much to do with their decline considering Obama is right of center himself. The reactionary republican party certainly needs to at the very least be marginalized to the point of never controlling the House, Senate or presidency ever again.
Look in mirror if you want to see what voters reject being in power the first chance they got; clear and easy to see.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmok2 View Post
It's a shame people can't see the satire in the opening post, the person who wrote it is laughing right now.
You're new here, What is said in the original post is actually what the poster believes. Has been since at least 2008.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:13 PM

525 posts, read 508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmok2 View Post
It's a shame people can't see the satire in the opening post, the person who wrote it is probably laughing right now.
The person who wrote this has written posts exactly like this with effectively the same tone since they've been on this forum.....and under several different user names.

I'm not so sure.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:14 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What's with the right wing and their totally off the wall comparisons?
Uhhh......

Bush = Hitler?

Wanting the government to stay within the limits they're supposed to, and not spend our money recklessly = "terrorism"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The stupidity never ceases to to amaze.
Indeed.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
But this is exactly what the Democrats did with Bush. Exactly.

While I have no love for the GOP (Or the Democrats) & don't give a damn if their party crashes and burns, I fear the idea of the fascist, militaristic, style Government the Progressives love being the sole party. It sounds like Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union to me.
Progressives are aggressive in breaking down social order. They do not seek to live as equals in society, but to demand rewards from society for their actions, and to punish those who object or resist.

Progressivism rejects christianity. It has become the lefts new religion.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Just because you type it won't make it true.
That's right, just because I type it in doesn't make it true. Reality makes it true.
Quote:
90% of the GOP voters are white vs 63% for America as a whole. 2% of GOP voters are black vs 13% for America as a whole. 6% of the GOP voters are Hispanics vs 17% for America as a whole. America is diverse, but the GOP is not.

No white people, no GOP

Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White
What liberals do, as you just did, is use the correlation implying causation logical fallacy to claim some moral superiority in accepting diversity. But the problem for you when it comes to anyone capable of exercising rational thought is that "pandering" and "accepting" are not synonyms. Making speeches saying that Republicans want to put black people back in chains is not accepting diversity. It is pandering to black people. It is inculcating a sense of separation and victimhood into them and then exploiting that to gain their vote.

And all your statistics go to show that what I said is true. Democrats use identity politics. They appeal to women as women, not as Americans. They appeal to hispanics as hispanics, not as Americans. They appeal to blacks as blacks, not as Americans. They appeal to homosexuals as homosexuals, not as Americans. You never, ever find a Republican saying "we're the party of X" the way Democrats do. You don't find Republicans calling white liberals race traitors the way liberals label black conservatives. You don't find Republicans telling people they will be "voting against their own self interest" the way liberals do if one of their chosen special interest group members votes conservative.

Just face it. You support a party that relies on exploitation and conflict to get elected. There is no denying it. There are hundreds of videos of liberals using identity politics all the way from no-name vloggers to the President himself. All your stats do is show that identity politics works. It doesn't dispute what I said in any way. Go ahead and try again. Show me examples of Republicans demagoguing race, class, or gender to get elected. Show me examples of them putting down blacks or women. Not Democrats trying to use Voter ID as a race issue or birth control as a womens' issue to claim Republicans don't value women or minorities, but show me actual examples of Republicans doing it. And not some wacko extremist who happened to win one local election, but mainstream accepted conservatives. Then you'll have a point. Then you'll show that Republicans don't value minorities or women. Until then, no. Pandering and accepting are two different things. Republicans don't pander to minorities, but that doesn't mean they don't value Americans of any color or gender.

I'm so confident that you can't do it that I'll pledge to vote Democrat in the next election if you can.

Last edited by kidkaos2; 12-23-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Uhhh......

Bush = Hitler?

Wanting the government to stay within the limits they're supposed to, and not spend our money recklessly = "terrorism"?

Indeed.
As a matter of fact, sending people into war based upon lies while invading a sovereign nation is a lot closer in similarities to the Nazi regime than giving Americans affordable insurance and comparing it to SLAVERY, HURRICANE KATRINA, THE IRAQ WAR, etc. Admit it...those comparisons are pretty freakin' stupid.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:25 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Our enemies fear him because they know that he stands for high principles. He reaches across the table to get stuff done, and invites opposing viewpoints. "Ideological purity does not get stuff done", he once stated. He is a President for ALL, not just the rich and privileged. He cares about the 47% that the GOP has utter disdain for.

President Obama has accomplished a great deal while in office. He has been an exceptional President thus far. His greatest achievement, by far, is that he, by his actions, words, ideas, and programs, represents the END of the GOP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I do think that the GOP, whether by accident or design, has been exposed by this President. The expulsion of the Tea Party from the Republican party is an achievement within itself.
I think Harrier is right... those mushrooms made you guys trip into Wonderland.

How's Alice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies