Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 AM

17,675 posts, read 13,530,528 times

Advertisements

Aha, the same guys who study sexual orientation also study climate, evolutionary biology, and paleontology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Personal misinformed unsupported opinions are rather irrelevant.

Royal College of Psychiatrists
"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."

American Academy of Pediatrics
“…the current literature and most scholars in the field state that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice; that is, individuals do not choose to be homosexual or heterosexual.”

American Academy of Pediatricians
"there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF. [indent]
The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:06 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,019,677 times
I dont think its a choice with most homos. They are biologically different some how, miswires and what not. Just like pedophiles. I find it hard to believe most would choose to want the same sex just like I don't believe most pedos really want to be attracted to kids.

But you're right that you do have a choice on what actions you take. Desire maybe not so much.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,343,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Aha, the same guys who study sexual orientation also study climate, evolutionary biology, and paleontology.
That doesn't actually make sense. Climate science and paleontology doesn't have anything to do with medical science.

Can you clarify what you mean please?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:21 AM

38,617 posts, read 26,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's not a matter of 'agreement'.

It's a matter of what is supported by evidence and what is just uninformed personal opinion based on prejudice.

What qualifies as evidence is a matter of opinion.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:24 AM

38,617 posts, read 26,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm glad you agree with mine, though. We have to fight idiots like the guy that wrote that article. It's them vs. us, bro. I mean, come on, "gay couples" are the same as "room mates?" It's hard to come up with that much stupid. But he said it, and behold! a slick line of stupid was born.

Unless you agree with his statement. That would make you to be agreeable with stupid. Fight it, bro. Fight the stupid.

And using another man's anus for a vagina is smart?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,343,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And using another man's anus for a vagina is smart?
I wish the mods would open a new forum for all the right-wing religious males who are fascinated and obsessed with male anal sex. They post about it so often, they need to have their own special place.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,368,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Articles: Yes, gay is a choice. Get over it.

Interesting article here, about how whether you think homosexual attraction itself is a choice, you always have a choice in your actions. That is where free will lies.
The original classification of homosexuality especially in men as a mental disorder is accurate.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:46 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,841,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Articles: Yes, gay is a choice. Get over it.

Interesting article here, about how whether you think homosexual attraction itself is a choice, you always have a choice in your actions. That is where free will lies.
Sorry, but if you have a point to make, perhaps find a source without so many references to God and sin.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont think its a choice with most homos. They are biologically different some how, miswires and what not. Just like pedophiles. I find it hard to believe most would choose to want the same sex just like I don't believe most pedos really want to be attracted to kids.

But you're right that you do have a choice on what actions you take. Desire maybe not so much.
While I'm sure their is a biological component to homosexual attraction through therapy (religious or medical) change is possible. I think a cure for most of them is a pairing with a women, maybe a lesbian.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Sorry, but if you have a point to make, perhaps find a source without so many references to God and sin.
God is like light is to a vampire to gays. God heals seek His mercy and you will be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies