Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What are the Kardashians going to do to top this?
I heard they abused their baby. She had their child's eyebrows plucked.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
GLAAD may run Hollywood, but they've never stepped foot in a Cracker Barrel. This one blew up in their face, and in their words "we regret calling this one wrong"

People are sick of being told not only what they can say, but how they must think.

Maybe it's time for GLAAD to acknowledge that religious freedom is protected as well, and like it or not, every major religion views the act as a sin.
God will you people get over yourselves? Why is it so hard to grasp that the man, A&E, GLAAD, Cracker Barrel, and anybody else all have the right to express themselves as they wish and respond to others as they want. You're ranting and raving about free speech but only want it to apply to speech that you approve of.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Originally Posted by DoD Guy
Tolerant as long as you agree with their butthead views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh yes. Standing up for granting the same legal rights to all American citizens is clearly a "butthead" view.

Why do you support legal discrimination against your fellow citizens?
How does a religious view translate into discrimination? You have the live as you please, but people shouldn't be forced to like or accept it. You disrespect religious views constantly, making you the one ready to discriminate.

I think this is great! Walmart is selling out of Duck Dynasty products. Over twenty million Facebook views in the last few days. I'm thinking GLAAD stepped into a huge mess and awoke a sleeping giant this time.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No he should not be thrown in jail. It's his fundamental right to believe and say whatever he wants. His detractors also have the fundamental right to scorn and derided any statement of his they find hateful, destructive, and harmful and to encourage people not to support him by investing in his financial interests - interests that provide him with a public platform.
Exactly.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
God will you people get over yourselves? Why is it so hard to grasp that the man, A&E, GLAAD, Cracker Barrel, and anybody else all have the right to express themselves as they wish and respond to others as they want. You're ranting and raving about free speech but only want it to apply to speech that you approve of.
The only ones trying to suppress anything has been GLAAD. GLAAD and the progressive left thought they could use this to attack religious views, and it's backfiring. I'd say it's you who are full of something.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Everyone has the right to marry the person of the opposite sex they desire. Everybody has that legal right.
Once you add the restriction ("the person of the opposite sex"), you are legalizing discrimination.

So you admit that you support legal discrimination against your fellow citizens.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Everyone has the right to marry the person of the opposite sex they desire. Everybody has that legal right.
Just has everybody had the right to marry a person of the same race under interracial marriage bans. Everybody had that legal right.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
And that is not equal protection of the law. It is also discrimination based on the gender of the people getting married.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
The only ones trying to suppress anything has been GLAAD. GLAAD and the progressive left thought they could use this attack religious views, and it's backfiring. I'd say it's you who are full of something.
Not trying to suppress anything, he already said it didn't he? Nobody is attacking his religious views, but religious freedom that doesn't mean he should have a platform to spout his nonsense. The same crowd yelling religious freedom are the ones crying when we recognize that not everybody celebrates Christmas.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I found the hateful part to be the part where he said that by virtue of me being gay I'm murderous, hateful, heartless, senseless, and ruthless; that because I'm gay I am evil; and that because I'm gay my friends will die simply for being friends with me.

Since when is an direct call for, or an incitement of, violence a requirement for one to hate?

Hate:
a: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury
b: extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing

Sticks and stones v. words.....

Because I dislike what your doing, doesn't mean I hate you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies