Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, what conseratives want is an even playing field...unlike the left, it's O.K. for them...time line for bashir...2+ weeks...

Dixie chicks...still playing...seperate but still plating...

Phil....hours....

alec balwin...had his commercial finally pulled after numeorus weeks after saying somehting extremely worse than what Phil said...
Nope. Time line doesn't matter. Phil's show is still on television making money. He's still in them; he has already filmed at least half of next year's show.

Your analogy doesn't hold.

Either you ban political correctness for ALL or admit your hypocrisy.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:21 AM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
People rip on conservatives, Christians, gun rights advocates, etc ALL THE TIME in the media. But you know what? Those groups don't whine and complain that they're offended. They shrug their shoulders and move on.

God forbid anyone make a comment about mohammed......that'll really upset some folks.
I certainly don't see it that way. They are always complaining that Christians are the most persecuted group in the world.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
People rip on conservatives, Christians, gun rights advocates, etc ALL THE TIME in the media. But you know what? Those groups don't whine and complain that they're offended. They shrug their shoulders and move on.

God forbid anyone make a comment about mohammed......that'll really upset some folks.
You obviously do not read this forum.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:23 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nope. Time line doesn't matter. Phil's show is still on television making money. He's still in them; he has already filmed at least half of next year's show.

Your analogy doesn't hold.

Either you ban political correctness for ALL or admit your hypocrisy.
Yep, sorry, but if a dem can say something against gays that is a complete slur, vulgar, and completely degrading a person and still go for weeks, then a repub says something tht he believes in, gets canned in a matter of hours....

You honestly don't see the difference yet?

Oh, and when did A&E reinstate Phil?

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
In the first place, he didn't equate homosexuality to bestiality. He quoted the bible, which listed various sins, among them homosexuality and bestiality.

Further it isn't an "orientation." It is willful perversion. No one was born that way. Sorry, but I'm never going to believe that.
And that is your opinion to which you're entitled to no matter how wrongheaded it is. The only thing that I'd ask you to think about has been said over and over again. This thought is "with all the negative baggage attached to being gay, all the hate,all the dirty looks,some violence etc why on earth would the majority of gays choose to be gay?"

Are there some who choose that lifestyle? Sure, just like there's straight people who choose to be that way (though they're called "closet gays)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You obviously do not read this forum.
Truth. IF there's a whinier bunch in America, I'd hate to see it.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, sorry, but if a dem can say something against gays that is a complete slur, vulgar, and completely degrading a person and still go for weeks, then a repub says something tht he believes in, gets canned in a matter of hours....

You honestly don't see the difference yet?

Oh, and when did A&E reinstate Phil?
Stop with the whining and persecution complex. Your idol, Phil, has not been 'canned', has he? I thought A&E said 'suspended'. There is a difference.

A suspension can be undone. I understand that doesn't play well with the persecution complex righties have going.

Meanwhile, your other idol, Rush, continues to spew hate and personal attacks and you say nothing but cry about Bashir and Baldwin.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-24-2013 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: flaming Please stop

Old 12-24-2013, 09:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I remember when we weren't so offended by an opinion we didn't share with someone. Instead of discussing something, we make the offender disappear.

I guess I don't understand how the nation can move on when you can't even discuss something.

What if Kevin Bacon said that single motherhood was bad for the country? Of course we ALL know he is correct, but they would ruin him anyway and throw him off his show.

Just an example.
Kevin Bacon?

LOL

Old 12-24-2013, 09:31 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I remember when we weren't so offended by an opinion we didn't share with someone. Instead of discussing something, we make the offender disappear.

I guess I don't understand how the nation can move on when you can't even discuss something.

What if Kevin Bacon said that single motherhood was bad for the country? Of course we ALL know he is correct, but they would ruin him anyway and throw him off his show.

Just an example.
kevin bacon has a show?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Her words "When you look at the guy". Never watched the show but is an authority on the man based on his appearance. Typical elitist mentality. She is willing to judge a person based upon his appearance, has never watched a show and feels qualified to pass judgement.
I disagree with what the man said, but he has a right to his opinions. So does this woman. The difference is of course is that she is riding the PC train and her narrow minded bigoted views are acceptable.

Looking at her appearance and I think that it is fair to judge her based on her appearance, after all that is her criteria for judging others.
No I won't go there. I am just happy that I don't have a wife like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies