Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 01:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,365,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Amen!

I'm sick and tired of having "gay pride" and all the rest of their crap, such as the "politically correct speech," shoved down my throat, and being told I cannot let my religious views be expressed openly because they might offend somebody. But it is okay if I am offended, because I am a Christian, who believes God.
Oh, you poor, poor man! It must be hell to be a "persecuted" majority.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:51 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,617,093 times
Default Phil Robertson Censorship Rant

Phil Robertson is a hillbilly. Phil Robertson is homophobic. Phil Robertson worse than Rosa Parks bus driver?!! While I do not agree with him and find him repulsive, I find the censorship and forced political correctness far more disgusting. It's destroying the United States. If someone differs in opinion from Big Brother's agenda, fire them?!! Ruin their career via the media? Ostrasize them? Bye bye free speech; hello USSR.

[\rant]

Old 12-26-2013, 02:06 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,467,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Ok, I get that the Phil Robertson thing was upsetting to some people...I get that...but this is just getting insane. I believe that this is becomming a competition between the two loudest, most politically connected minority advocacy groups (NAACP & GLAAD) over who can be the most vocally offended and outraged over these stupid comments.

Jesse Jackson is now saying that Phil Robertson is worse than the man who put Rosa Parks in the back of the bus..........Really!?!? He simply stated what he says that he witnessed. Sure, his comments were clearly naive and ignorant, but no one with exception to Phil knows that HE personally experienced. Only Phil Robertson knows what Phil Robertson saw and was subjected to on a daily basis.

I feel very sorry for Jesse Jackson....I would hate it if my professional career hinged upon continued instances of the thing I supposedly fight. Jackson clearly salivates over issues like this because without them, he's just another irrelevant, loudmouth, "reverend."

If Jackson TRULY cared about fighting the real injustices against the Black community he'd be out fighting drug use in inner-cities, fighting for more involved community outreach programs, lobbying for a more progressive tax structure and local investments, better inner-city job creation, crime reduction measures, and a higher minimum wage.

This is merely a PR crusade to pad his name, his pockets, and his relevance.

Jesse Jackson -- Phil Robertson Is WORSE Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver | TMZ.com
jesse jackson is just scum.Period

Old 12-26-2013, 02:10 PM

14,090 posts, read 5,702,917 times
Well, the entire Robertson family is supporting Phil, and A&E knew the deal going in, because elsewhere in the interview with GQ, Jase tells the reporter that when they struck the deal with A&E, the three things they wouldn't compromise on for any reason were faith, family and duck season.

A&E will back off, or the show will go away. I'd wager the Robertsons could care less either way.

I hope the whole family holds firm and the show goes away. If A&E is fierce about prinicples, let the loss of their best rated show and the associated revenue back that up. I was already in Robertson's corner. Not because I necessarily agree with, but because he didn't fall prey to weak kneed political correctness. And if A&E holds firm, I'll respect them as well, because they chose to back their principles.

What I will hate is if I see yet another jaded, trite, absolutely hollow and vaccuous "apology tour" that is so common with public figures who get crucified by the media for a gotcha soundbite. I am sick of anyone having to apologize for having an opinion simply because it does not follow some media driven agenda of acceptable.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,287,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, they weren't asked to compromise their faith, were they? Was one of them forced into a same sex marriage or asked to break a series of commandments? No.
However, one of them took it upon himself to spout a whole lot of vile and insulting douchbaggery on TV.
I am sure Americans can find another dumb reality show to follow once this show gets canceled. Personally I have no issue with A&E wanting to suspend one of their employees for saying something that they shouldn't have said.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Well, the entire Robertson family is supporting Phil, and A&E knew the deal going in, because elsewhere in the interview with GQ, Jase tells the reporter that when they struck the deal with A&E, the three things they wouldn't compromise on for any reason were faith, family and duck season.

A&E will back off, or the show will go away. I'd wager the Robertsons could care less either way.

I hope the whole family holds firm and the show goes away. If A&E is fierce about prinicples, let the loss of their best rated show and the associated revenue back that up. I was already in Robertson's corner. Not because I necessarily agree with, but because he didn't fall prey to weak kneed political correctness. And if A&E holds firm, I'll respect them as well, because they chose to back their principles.

What I will hate is if I see yet another jaded, trite, absolutely hollow and vaccuous "apology tour" that is so common with public figures who get crucified by the media for a gotcha soundbite. I am sick of anyone having to apologize for having an opinion simply because it does not follow some media driven agenda of acceptable.
Except if that were really their principles why would they have done the show anyway. That he holds mainstream biblical viewsshould not have been a surprise to them.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,310,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I find it amusing that anybody still listens to Jesse Jackson.
Why? People still listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Sharpton, Ingraham, Beck, Elder, Levin, etc...all bobbleheads.

So what makes any of them more qualified to yap than Jackson?

Or are you similarly amused that folks listen to them too?

Old 12-26-2013, 03:40 PM

11,403 posts, read 16,798,722 times
Default Jesse Jackson: Phil Robertson 'more offensive' than Rosa Parks driver

...says the man who used to spit in white people foods, called NY Hymietown and had an affair and baby and used funds from the Rainbow Coalition to pay her off. The man has no credibility and yet he's like the energizer bunny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse Jackson decided to share his thoughts on Phil Robertson, weighing in on the controversy that's been heavily debated by "Duck Dynasty" fans and critics alike.

In a statement to FOX411, Jackson opened up about Robertson's comments in a GQ interview, during which the A&E star made negative, graphic statements about homosexual sex and the lack of racism in pre-Civil Rights South.

Jackson charged that the Robertson family patriarch, who was suspended indefinitely from his reality show, is worse than the driver who told Rosa Parks to give up her seat.

Jesse Jackson: Phil Robertson 'more offensive' than Rosa Parks driver | Fox News

Old 12-26-2013, 03:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,612,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Well, I pretty much agree with you on this one. Let's see who has principles and who will allow the almighty dollar to speak for them.

If I had to guess - it would be that A&E will cave first. Then, like you, I will lose all respect for them.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,844,835 times
I agree with Jackson, Robertson is a racist and homophobic piece of trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies