Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is the reason why Starbucks banned it. It made people feel uncomfortable. I am a military vet and own several guns. I would not dare as to walk into an eating establishment with an openly visible gun. It's a careless and stupid thing to do.
If people feel uncomfortable around firearms, that is their problem, not mine. I do not concern myself with people who have a fear of heights either. If I took other people's irrational fears into consideration, I would never leave home.

I open carry for my personal safety. If other people have a problem with that, too damn bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:24 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Not where I live. Open carry is tactically important because it gives you quicker access. Furthermore, most of the firearms being carried are so large that it would be virtually impossible to carry them concealed. Ever try to hide a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag with a 7.5" barrel somewhere on your body? Good luck.
In the event of a robbery, you'd be shot and I'd be standing with my concealed glock, probably flanking the robber and getting ready to pop a round in his ass.

I get that open carry makes you feel like a badass, but tactically it's just plain stupid.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Not where I live. Open carry is tactically important because it gives you quicker access. Furthermore, most of the firearms being carried are so large that it would be virtually impossible to carry them concealed. Ever try to hide a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag with a 7.5" barrel somewhere on your body? Good luck.
It needs to be pointed out that the reason it is of tactical importance is not because you might get robbed at a Starbucks but rather you might get attacked by a rather large 4 legged critter.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
In the event of a robbery, you'd be shot and I'd be standing with my concealed glock, probably flanking the robber and getting ready to pop a round in his ass.

I get that open carry makes you feel like a badass, but tactically it's just plain stupid.
In the event of a robbery, just the sight of a firearm in the open would most likely put off the robber and there would be no robbery.

Your method ends up with an attempted crime being committed, and one person dead. My method ends up with no crime being committed and everyone lives.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
In the event of a robbery, just the sight of a firearm in the open would most likely put off the robber and there would be no robbery.

Your method ends up with an attempted crime being committed, and one person dead. My method ends up with no crime being committed and everyone lives.
Yeah, right, is that why drug dealers and gangbangers get shot everyday??? Do you honestly think that the people shooting at them think they are unarmed???

If so, you are extremely naive. .

A few days ago some guy was robbing someone, an off duty sheriff witnessed it, announced that he had a gun, and guess what, he got shot and died.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Starbucks is NOT a gun free zone, they have only requested that no one open carry a firearm into their business. Concealed carry is still permitted where ever state law allows concealed carry.

If I sent to SB, I would carry, but why anyone buys their overpriced burnt tasting swill is beyond me, especially at their ridiculous prices.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
If people feel uncomfortable around firearms, that is their problem, not mine. I do not concern myself with people who have a fear of heights either. If I took other people's irrational fears into consideration, I would never leave home.

I open carry for my personal safety. If other people have a problem with that, too damn bad.
Well, there are selfish people everywhere. You're not alone. I'm a bit more considerate.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It needs to be pointed out that the reason it is of tactical importance is not because you might get robbed at a Starbucks but rather you might get attacked by a rather large 4 legged critter.
Indeed. If I am being attacked by a bear, it is only because I surprised the bear. Which means that I will need immediate access to my firearms because the danger to my life will be imminent.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:32 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:

Here is another problem with open-carry:

A robber comes in with his pistol, it's okay because he is allowed to open-carry. Nobody knows he is going to rob the place. He takes a seat, looks around to make a plan, sees you with a gun (first target marked), then when he is ready... BOOM, you're dead, BOOM, the clerk is dead... grabs money and goes. He could have taken all day to make this plan with his weapon in plain sight.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:33 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yeah, right, is that why drug dealers and gangbangers get shot everyday??? Do you honestly think that the people shooting at them think they are unarmed???

If so, you are extremely naive. .
They don't have many drug dealers and gang bangers in ALASKA!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies