Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 04:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

[quote=weltschmerz;32731261]
Quote:

Your God made things that fall apart? Not much pride of workmanship, I see.
Kind of like crap from China you find at the Dollar Store.
You're a scmerz allright, but not in the Welt.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Why are those that use Christ to imply he would support homosexual marriage?

Odd especially when otherwise many of the same couldn't care less about him otherwise.

God says what marriage is plain & simple.
Yes. There are hundreds of marriages detailed in the Bible, every one between men and women only without exception.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:15 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Men created equal by God. Inalienable rights given by God. God made man and woman to be mates.
Nature's God cannot be equated with the God of Abraham.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:35 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Keep your religion to yourself and that goes for anyone who thinks their religion should be the definitive on how everyone should live or on what rights one gets.
If I follow Christ's teaching, as you and others have admonished above (in reply to my first post), I should not keep my religion to myself. Christ told us to go out and preach the gospel (the "good news") to all the world. That is not an instruction to keep it to ourselves. Elsewhere, we are told to be a light to the world.

Now, you can point out to me as often as you wish that Christ told us to love one another, and that's nice. However, you don't seem to be able to grasp his other commandments and teachings, where sin is concerned. Why is that?

If homosexuality was not sin, why would God (Christ) tell us that it is? God does not lie.

Christ taught that we should love one another; but, if we are to be "salt and light," we have to speak about sin and redemption. If there is no sin, there is no need of God's redemption, and Christ came for nothing. The reason Christ came was to announce God's plan for redemption; the forgiveness of sin. Reconciliation of man to God through faith in Christ Jesus.

The teachings about judging are about not judging hypocritically, as the Pharisees. But, pointing out that homosexuality is sin, is not judging.

Loving one another does mean we ignore and accept sin.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nature's God cannot be equated with the God of Abraham.
Abraham's God created nature.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

You don't support my right to bear arms, because you vote for people who don't. You don't support my right to have whatever toilet I want, or whatever light bulb I want, despite the fact that the impact of non-environmentally sound toilets and lightbulbs is totally negligible, AND I PERSONALLY pay more for the use of such objects that consume more through utility buildings.
That's not true ... it's a sweeping generality and a stereotype. I know a lot of LGBT people who are very pro Second Amendment and support gun owner's rights - there is even a national organization of LGBT gun owners called "The Pink Pistols." No gay organization has taken a position on light bulbs or toilets, and you know that.

Quote:
75% of gay people are Democrats. I like my chances that I've figured you out accordingly, even through the computer screen. You have my support to marry whom you want, and for the things you deny me in the ballot box, I guess I'm just going to have to fight for them another day.
So now we get down to your "beef" against the gay community ... the majority are not Republicans. Well, maybe if the Republican Party started listening to the LGBT community, addressing their concerns, and most importantly: stop pandering to the most vicious anti-gay homophobes like the people at the Family Research Council, Focus On The Family, and the National Organization for Marriage - maybe more gays would vote for the GOP. Don't tell me these groups are only supporting "traditional marriage" - if you go to their websites or read their publications it is obvious they are out to defame and demonize all members of the LGBT community. Besides other groups like Asian-Americans, Jews, educators, women, organized labor, Hispanics, etc. tend to vote for the Democrats as well - so the GOP has their work cut out for them.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:41 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier is not allowed to marry his cat.
Is Harrier a member of the North American Man-Cat Love Association (NAMCLA)?

I think the first step is to organize a movement towards the recognition of feline rights on par with adult human beings. Obviously Harrier can't legally marry his cat because Puss can't give consent.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
When discussing this "Federal Court Denies Motion To Dismiss Lawsuit Against Virginia's Marriage Equality Ban!"
There is nothing in the bible that needs to be discussed. The bible has NOTHING to do with the laws of this country. We are not a theocracy. If you wish to discuss the bible please go to the appropriate forum.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When discussing this "Federal Court Denies Motion To Dismiss Lawsuit Against Virginia's Marriage Equality Ban!"
There is nothing in the bible that needs to be discussed. The bible has NOTHING to do with the laws of this country. We are not a theocracy. If you wish to discuss the bible please go to the appropriate forum.
Think you might want to read history a bit if you think the bible has nothing to do with the laws of this country.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Think you might want to read history a bit if you think the bible has nothing to do with the laws of this country.
Which laws? The ones being struck down as unconstitutional? Or the ones that have been a part of every civilization that has ever existed and predate the bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies