Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 AM

237 posts, read 191,910 times

Advertisements

And people deserve the right to a livable wage.... That's the point of working to be able to live. I'm tired of greedy companies raking in billions and then setting their employees up on food stamps. Its not moral nor is it right. I hope no one works for this idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 09:09 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Sorry, I find no humor in people loosing their jobs, especially at Christmas.
They have the right to protest under the law, just as the owner has the right to pay the wages he chooses, and I would not be surprised if this gets challenged in court under the labor laws. You generally don't fire people when you close to remodel, you lay them off and call them back when you reopen. I hope the employees sue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
If they did not produce how does one afford to close and remodel? Also, in the food business its pretty much a bad move to fire the cooks who brought in the customers. It only takes one bad food experience in the food business to lose customers very quickly. I think many will be rehired. This maybe a way for key employees to collect unemployment while they are remodeling.
read the article again, they are not just remodeling, they are also reconcepting the business. that means a change in the business itself. it sounds to me like they are shutting down the sandwich shop completely, and are starting a new business in the same location. that means that all the old employees are in fact terminated as the old business is shut down.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You think it's wrong to fire people who are striking but no compassion for the guy who can't run his business because he has no employees. Hypocrite. I think it's HILARIOUS that they got fired.
I think the cost of retraining new employees could have been avoided had he taken the route of talking to his employees and reaching a happy medium. We are all a step away from homelessness or loss of a job, it can happen at any time.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
And people deserve the right to a livable wage.... That's the point of working to be able to live. I'm tired of greedy companies raking in billions and then setting their employees up on food stamps. Its not moral nor is it right. I hope no one works for this idiot.
Ain't nobody stopping them from earning a livable wage.

When you're out blathering and whining in the street instead of being on the job, you deserve nothing.

They got exactly what they deserved.

Goofballs who think these fools deserve a decent job need to start their own business and pay people to not show up. Let's see how long that lasts and how quickly the word "greedy" disappears from their vocabulary.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Ain't nobody stopping them from earning a livable wage.

When you're out blathering and whining in the street instead of being on the job, you deserve nothing.

They got exactly what they deserved.

Goofballs who think these fools deserve a decent job need to start their own business and pay people to not show up. Let's see how long that lasts and how quickly the word "greedy" disappears from their vocabulary.
So you want to take away the people's right to protest? To speak up for what they feel is right?

It is this type of thinking that has led to the downfall of the middle class and will continue to do so as more and more worker rights are eliminated. Yes, cheer from your basement as the United States collapses around you.

Just as long as whoever YOU agree with gets to speak their mind with no repercussions, eh?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
I highly doubt this sandwich shop is raking in "billions".

You are lumping all business together and speaking like they are all JPMorgan or Walmart.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:21 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
O rly?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:23 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Has anyone here actually read the email? Judging by the comments, I doubt it. Basically your fired but we want you to come back when we reopen as customers and we wish you well. So they can afford to remodel but instead of laying them off, they fire them? Sounds like stupidity in management.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Look, no one says these people should earn big money, but their is obviously a problem with wages in this country with so many subsidizing their income with food stamps.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
People deserve what they can honestly get without government interference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies